Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monster hunter live action 2020 movie.

Has anyone heard about this?
    I wonder how cheesy it will be. Seeing how it has the actress from the Resident Evil series, it's hard to tell.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6475714/
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that the premise for it seems to be "Modern military team enters Monster Hunter world", I feel it's going to be over 9000 lvls of cheesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This will be an absolute trainwreck.

Do they have like some secret pact in Hollywood that video game movies must suck, or is that a rider in Mila Jovovich's contracts.

Well the duo of director and lead are quite decent at action scenes... could be decent. Besides the MH series isn't really known for good story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This will be an absolute trainwreck.

Do they have like some secret pact in Hollywood that video game movies must suck, or is that a rider in Mila Jovovich's contracts.
    Well... she usually comes as part of the deal when her husband is directing the movie.
    I jokingly dubbed the RE-franchise, they are famous, for "Look at my wife, my wife is amazing".

Meh. Not much hope. The one glimmering hope I had was that since MH didn't have an established character with a name and backstory for the main character, unlike Resident Evil, it could've done well. But the whole "Future military group oes to the world of MH" turned me off.

I’ll go see it still, be about on level with how the resident evil film was. Hopefully the first one and not the end ones lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    But the whole "Future military group oes to the world of MH" turned me off.
    This.

why? why do you need modern military in this setting? makes no sense.

They released a featurette with the game's developers

Synopsis: A portal transports Lt. Artemis and an elite unit of soldiers to a strange world where powerful monsters rule with deadly ferocity. Faced with relentless danger, the team encounters a mysterious hunter who may be its only hope to find a way home.
    Sounds like the plot to the Dwayne Johnson Doom movie...

https://i.redd.it/ods3uj0trrs51.png

I hate this fucking smug asshole that keeps giving main roles to his wife just so that he can get some.

Just look at that smile, I wonder if he had that on his face when that stunt double was maimed due to his incompetence and he refused to pay her.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2020-10-14 at 01:37 PM.

"Let's give the guy who made those godawful RE movies (that had about as much to do with the games as that godawful Super Mario Bros movie) the rights to Monster Hunter so he can do the same thing to it!"
    "Splendid idea, Bob!"

This is why we can't have nice things.

this looks like it should be in a bargain bin at a closed down blockbuster gathering dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    https://i.redd.it/ods3uj0trrs51.png

I just this fucking smug asshole that keeps giving main roles to his wife just so that he can get some.

Just look at that smile, I wonder if he had that on his face when that stunt double was maimed due to his incompetence and he refused to pay her.
    Still dont understand how he could direct Event Horizon and then went to Resident Evil and Alien vs Predator.

I don't expect any stellar storytelling. I will go in and look at nice monster vfx because they look faithful as hell. Its fun action, nothing else.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'll give it a go if my local cinema is still open.

Aaaaaaaand the trailer...

a bazooka?!?!? REALLY

Welp, if you're hunting monsters you'll need an appropriate weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Still dont understand how he could direct Event Horizon and then went to Resident Evil and Alien vs Predator.
    Can't speak on AvP but the RE movies cleaned up in Asia so they just kept doing the same thing over and over and it just kept making money. I'm 100% not surprised that Capcom gave him the rights.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Welp, if you're hunting monsters you'll need an appropriate weapon.
    Yes, and those weapons are called bowguns, not fucking bazooka or whatever garbage Cunt W.S. Anderson put there for his wife.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can’t say I care for the modern military stuff but I enjoyed al of the resident evil Movies even with how stupid they were so this looks fun.