Rerolling - three choices, ample advantages/disadvantages, too hard to decide

Hi there

Probably a topic of which thousands exist, but since it's a personal choice resulting in a long-time time investment, I would like some opinions.

After a rather long period of playing less frequently (I never quit, just didn't raid etc.), I intend to become more active again: push keys, raid heroic or possible higher if I find a suitable guild, and continue to farm all collectibles.

Throughout WOW's history I have played:

• Vanilla: Dwarf Priest (healing);
    • TBC: Draenei Hunter;
    • WOTLK - WOD; Tanking DK;
    • Legion + partly BFA: Druid (Healing).

Today I doubt between:

• Continue to heal, on my Druid or on a Priest because I have Benediction and it's awesome
    • Tank on a Warrior, because I miss tanking but want something different.
    • Return to a DK, also for tanking.
    • Play a Rogue because I like the stealthy bit I had on my Druid.

I don't tend to like caster DPS.

I prefer input based on my chances to become a core member of a steady M+ group, heroic raiding group and/or eventually a Mythic raiding team.

I have hardcore raiding experience, but that's not very useful anymore as I stopped hardcore raiding after Deathwing.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Michael

you kind of narrowed it down enough on your own to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    you kind of narrowed it down enough on your own to make a decision.
    I wish I had!

What's the current situation in Group Finder? Are Tanks still heavily underrepresented? Do I interpret RaiderIO correctly when I think DK tanks are not very wanted in BFA, and Warriors are OP?

Are pure DPS classes preferred over hybrids, or the other way around?

What about Druid vs Priest healing?

I hope you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastov View Post
    Hi there

Probably a topic of which thousands exist, but since it's a personal choice resulting in a long-time time investment, I would like some opinions.

After a rather long period of playing less frequently (I never quit, just didn't raid etc.), I intend to become more active again: push keys, raid heroic or possible higher if I find a suitable guild, and continue to farm all collectibles.

Throughout WOW's history I have played:

• Vanilla: Dwarf Priest (healing);
    • TBC: Draenei Hunter;
    • WOTLK - WOD; Tanking DK;
    • Legion + partly BFA: Druid (Healing).

Today I doubt between:

• Continue to heal, on my Druid or on a Priest because I have Benediction and it's awesome
    • Tank on a Warrior, because I miss tanking but want something different.
    • Return to a DK, also for tanking.
    • Play a Rogue because I like the stealthy bit I had on my Druid.

I don't tend to like caster DPS.

I prefer input based on my chances to become a core member of a steady M+ group, heroic raiding group and/or eventually a Mythic raiding team.

I have hardcore raiding experience, but that's not very useful anymore as I stopped hardcore raiding after Deathwing.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Michael
    It depends how high you want to push M+. Of course it is easier with meta classes but almost everything is viable to a certain lvl imo.

Tanks are still underrepresented as always. If you like tanking it would be easier to form a M+ group around you, finding a guild for raids could be harder though.

Nowadays i don't think there is a preferance either for pure dps or hybrid classes, ppl decide which spec to invite based on the formed meta...even though it is just a small key.

In the end it is more important that you play what you truly enjoy, you can make anything work with a steady team imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    High five: I also have Benediction on my priest. It took me two attempts because I was so nervous: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...leria/isilrien

Tanks are definitely always needed, but I'd echo Teech and say to pick the class you like the best because things change. I'd try each of these classes in groups and raids for a few weeks to help yourself decide. Good luck!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    All the classes that you mentioned are viable in raid and m+ environment. If you find a guild that does m+, you won't have to worry about finding groups. If you intend to pug, people check both class and score, even for lower keys. Druids are very good in m+, as resto and balance.

Priests are good in raids, but not as sought after in m+ (discipline nerf will hit them in m+, holy kinda non existent). Shadow Priests will be nerfed but I think they will still be great in raids for the multi dot fights, kinda mediocre in m+. But you don't intend to roll dps on priest so...

Rogues are top tier in m+ and raids. Really useful, at least 2 viable specs, utility and on demand damage. You should check them out.

I read DK tanks will be good this patch, but I have no details.

I would also suggest checking DHs too especially as dps if you are into mobile melees with very fun visuals, great aoe and st, top tier both in raids and m+.

However, only 1 of these classes can use Benediction and Anathema so

Tanking in M+ is a 1 man job. You have to provide the routes or make given routes work and thats not allways possible since many pulls require a group effort with CC/interrupts/cooldowns but the blame for a failure is allways on the tank.

If you want backseat gaming you are better of with heal or dps roles. FOTM/META class choices are not allways satisfying, because it boils down to utility advantage and your own performance does not really matter. If you like to dance like a monkey and play like a monkey, just dont be surprised if players will just see you as a monkey.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead