Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    people STILL dont understand that its very much expected that people resub for new patches and unsub as soon as they get bored. thats expected by blizz.
    they tuned their game to a "seasonal releasce cycle", with major expansion releases in between.

i mean, the pvp and mythic resets are already called "seasons". so, if 8.3 starts to bore you, unsub and enjoy the shitload of other good games that are currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because before they were stop gaps, now they'll just eat into dev time for SL.

8.3 is releasing late compared to 7.3, basically at the same time as 7.3.5, it's time to give up on BfA development and move on to greener pastures.

I've honestly never been a fan of .5 patches, seem like wasted time that could be thrown into the larger patch.
    I really want people to stop comparing Legion releases with battle for Azurra for leases because when we look at the patch releases yes they came earlier however if you look at the red releases we had the patch for about three months before the rain hit and then we had the rain for about three months before the .5 patch hit people need to stop making this comparison because it doesn’t matter

I really want people to stop comparing legion releases with bfa releases because when we look at the patch releases yes they came earlier however if you look at the raid releases we had the patch for about three months before the raid hit and then we had the raid for about three months before the .5 Patches

Incoming 8.3.2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    They've been shooting for August expansion releases, which means July prepatch.

6 months isn't really a drought
    I see no later than September 29 or whatever the last Tuesday in September is simply because they have to plan around BlizzCon and also they need to polish the expansion as much as possible

I can’t remember where I made my release predictions but next month we get alpha/beta hopefully they keep the Alpha load to like a month so late March we get better and then around mid July we get pre-patch probably early August and then we get the release in September

Thinking about it more mid September for release which will allow the mythic world race to be 100% done so you can have BlizzCon happen and they can discuss the raid and everything in the first patch which will probably hit in November

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i am totally fine with, if it goes like this:

- SL release somewhere between mid october and end of november
    - SL beta is well done
    - SL comes REALLY with quality improvements
    - SL classes are all closely being watched and have accordingly changes and improvements

in that case we have a good 10 months content drought, which is relatively standard, when looking at older xpacs. i am totally fine with that and love playing everything out of 8.3, since it looks like it is good enough to do that for around 3-4months. the last 5-6 months i love to do all achievements, play alts or other games. IF Shadowlands will come out in the end as a well rounded product.

that said: if it turns out, that xpac

- releases at 10th of december
    - in an unfinished state
    - had a halfassed beta
    - is the next cost effective milking cow xpac
    - has rather rare class changes, besides some old abilities spitted in
    - feels like the next bigger content patch instead a new xpac
    - acts like WoD after 2-3 months

and all we get out of it was a 10 month content drought just for the sake of nothing, well, then i will vote with my wallet. this is the main reason why i not preorder SL, because giving them all their money now, will lead exactly to that mentaility.
    As much is I don’t really trust blizzard when it comes to feedback after the shit show that was the current expansion I think that they will have a bit of an easier time

This expansion they tried to reinvent the wheel without really adding anything to it my biggest fear for the next expansion is that they fuck up the tower by trying to limit the lock out in some arbitrary way

Now they aren’t allowing us to immediately do a random zone by zone leveling experience so the first time you’re going to be experiencing a linear story which means at least story wise we are going to be getting for the first time in a while and actual coherent lead up

Also with no added talent role in no worry about big bad class specific abilities they don’t have to put much brain power into the abilities that they are making I’m not saying that means they are going to be great at balancing it because once again it’s blizzard I do not trust

That sounds like amazing we never have to worry about art we do have to worry about bugs but I see it being at least a six-month beta which isn’t that long but they need to learn how to use Feedback instead of being stubborn assholes like they were with the last expansion

From what we can see they are playing it relatively safe with Shadowlands which I’m not against but what’s being added needs to be fun

Battle for Azeroth has one big issue and that is it has good content or at least decent content but the systems are complete shit and they have been since launch

Great dungeons I love the dungeons they’re great however they fucked with the mythic cash for no reason other than trying to compare as the right gear to legendary’s while also saying they aren’t like legendary’s and then saying that having multiple sets of gear for a mythic plus run is pointless so they don’t want us to have that while at the same time saying that you should carry multiple pieces of gear so you can have multiple sets because of the treats while also not letting the switchgear in the dungeons

Great dungeons I love the dungeons they’re great however they fucked with the mythic cash for no reason other than trying to compare as the right gear to legendary‘s while also saying they aren’t like legendary‘s and then saying that having multiple sets of gear for a mythic plus run is pointless so they don’t want us to have that well at the same time saying that you should carry multiple pieces of gear so you can have multiple sets because of the treats while also not letting a switchgear in the dungeons

Saying that they don’t like walking out six pieces of gear for players in terms of tier sets but an 8.3 we will now have five pieces of gear that we cannot swap out

I know I’m ranting but I just got back and fuck me and I really worried want to same time really hate and I just saw that stupid Taliesin ever tell weekly recent video and it just pissed me off because they are so stupid and not even mentioning the important stuff like the fact that if you currently have the reputation chests saved up for your 40,000 a P then you are set for at least 2 1/2 ranks of as a right power since we get six free weeks of knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Legion was announced at gamescom in august 2015. Legion release was 2016 august. They showed and talked about a lot of stuff at gamescom. Legiondaries, Artifact weapons, order halls etc. Shadowlands announcement was very very very tightlipped... And this comes from someone who didn't even like Legion.
    So just to kind of re-iterate what I think their point was

The demo for Legion at BlizzCon which was after the announcement was half of the zone with an incomplete class

The demo for Shadowlands was half of the zone with every class available including the covenant abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Nothing that I've seen datamined to confirm Azeroth is actually saved from Sargeras' damage. I mean, I suppose there's a 10% chance that it'll be in the raid cinematic. But you would at least expect that there would be some sort of wrap-up questline for that where Magni pats you on the back.
    I mean... there should be. Will there be? I'm expecting the worst here, but hoping it's at least slightly better...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.
    So like every Expansion for the last 15 years? Are you new here?

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Dont you remember legion AND BfA also had december releases when they were announced?
    Curious to know where you remember that from, since it's not true for either expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    All they have to do is nerf the requirements and remove the time-gating. The time-gating is the most frustrating part. I need Memory of Lucid Dreams to play my Unholy DK at a decent level. It's going to take me 3+ weeks to get my follower experience up.

It's old content that is a barrier to entry to new content.

Ion has admitted they've all but abandoned this expansion so why can't they just let us have fun in the last mediocre patch they're delivering?
    They don't like their own player base in my opinion. Or at least the part of the player base, which is the major part, that doesn't lick their boots and eat any shit they put out into the game, thus quit their subscription. And BfA is a big pile of shit on many levels. The whole Classic WoW scenario also showed how out of touch people like Allen Brack are. And probably more in the team. They want a different game than a lot of players. They seem to think in their head, in their bubble, in their ivory tower, that expansions like WoD, Legion and BfA are great or enough to milk the retarded playerbase. But appaerently they miscalculated and the players who are left who like this game probably don't make them the money they want. But appaers to me, that the developers don't want to create the WoW a lot of players crave. Which is a big problem in my opinion. We didn't like their BfA systems, so no cooky in the form of a proper, fun 8.3 or 8.3.5 BfA patch. So no, we aren't allowed to have fun our way. Only their way, the way they think fun should work. Because we weren't well behaved little yes man customers.

In regards to the garbage class design(compared to pre Legion class design or even partially pre WoD), i'm really unsure about the class devs these days. In the past, they balanced classes mid expansion in patches. These days, if something is wrong with the class design, you have to wait for the next expansion before something is potentially fixed. Or even made worse. I mean, they needing someone like Holinka to bring back some old class abilities is not a good sign. Of course systems like Artifact Weapons and Azerite make it difficult to tune classes or change them, as it would have ripple effect through the whole system, which would mean they'd had to put even more time into balancing. Thats one argument why these systems are unnecessarily convoluted nonsense no one needs. Especially the Azerite system mostly consists of passive, random effects who enhance your class, while the player doesn't have control over them, especially the proccs. The game is literally playing itself for us at this point.

So at this point, i really question the amount of competence left in the WoW Dev team. Maybe aside from the Art team. But the game isn't good enough anymore that they could carry an expansion in my opinion. I guess its wait and see for Shadowlands. BlizzCon looked very thin in regards to the expansion features.

Not coming up with a 8.3.5 to at least resolve that horrid story of BfA would be a big joke as well. But nothing that suprises me at this point. Its indeed a shame though that Mogu and Ankoan/Jinyu probably won't make it into the game as a last combo of Allied Races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And I will remind you to eat them when that silliness is proven wrong.
    Guess I'll go get some ketchup for that word salad then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    shadowlands is definitely dropping in the 4th quarter.
    End of 3rd, start of 4th. Pre-patch before that though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Shit. I was hoping for a final batch of heritage armors, even Allied Races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    Question: Horrific Visions remind us of Torghast from Shadowlands in the way it has been described, but only a few rewards have been introduced on the PTR so far. Are more rewards planned for release, even in a hypothetical 8.3.5?

Ion: First of all, just to get it out of the way, we currently don’t have any 8.3.5 plans — there may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, but Visions of N’Zoth is really the concluding chapter of Battle for Azeroth, and we’re excited to focus our attention on Shadowlands and the upcoming beta for Shadowlands that’ll be opening up over the course of the year.

https://www.millenium.us.org/guide/10782.html
    I'm surprised they even did an 8.3 honestly since the main story of the expansion even ended with 8.2, even that felt like a stretch.

But honestly, those X.X.5 patches don't give anything useful to us, just little tweeks here and there, some made up little holiday or timewalker that's not even real content that's available -at- the patches release so It may as well be any sort of X.X.XXX.XXX numbered patch for all the use It has, It doesn't matter. They literally do those X.X.5 patches just to say to the world "Heey look, we make 6 patches per expansion now, look! It's not 3 anymore" even though so far, Legion's and BfA's X.1 patches were patheticly empty and devoid of content, same for the X.2 ones really.

So honest, they should focus on the BIG three patches of the expansion first, make sure we don't get just another Selfie Patch or another World Quest Patch because the X.X.5 patches are useless anyway. Let them focus on Shadowlands, It's not like the Blizzcon reveal showed us much of what they wanna do in Shadowlands, really It seems devoid of anything new other than Covenants that are really just Order Halls and Torghast which seems like Horrific Visions 2.0 probably and that's not even mentioning how much Lore has been fucked up this new expansion, again.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    ANd wqe will remind you of how wrong you were when it relseas in 2020 just as Blizzard says it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    I suppose it applies to you as well then.

- - - Updated - - -

They don’t exist. People lie a lot and don’t back on their lies even after getting called out. I call it the Trump effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard thanks you for your money.
    Well, I'm sad I don't really care about what you think, then. :[

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which was a preorder feature, like the ar dks we got in 8.3, so it was kind of implied this is the end
    7.3.5 wasn't a pre-order patch, though, and allied races are a BfA feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I'm sad I don't really care about what you think, then. :[

- - - Updated - - -

7.3.5 wasn't a pre-order patch, though, and allied races are a BfA feature.
    you got acces to allied races in 7.3.5 if you preordered BFA, so its precisely like ar dks

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you got acces to allied races in 7.3.5 if you preordered BFA, so its precisely like ar dks
    Yes, but allied races are a BfA feature, therefore any BfA patch could still be eligible for allied races. 8.3.5 if it existed, would have been a BfA patch.

So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    well you can always grind all idiotic currencies to max out gear which you will replace with quest greens

have fun

oh well time to swap games to FF 14 untill Shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redisniecitcarp View Post
    just giv shadowlands fast
    early 2021 have fun waiting ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd wqe will remind you of how wrong you were when it relseas in 2020 just as Blizzard says it will.
    because W3 reforged released in 2020 like it was supposed to

oh wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, but allied races are a BfA feature, therefore any BfA patch could still be eligible for allied races. 8.3.5 if it existed, would have been a BfA patch.
    true, but would be kind of weird to get pre-order feature before the last patch
    and tbh if i remember correctly they mentioned they will probably continue with ar after bfa if there is any fitting race (bcs i guess races we have were sooo fitting )

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "One of the things we’ve tried to set up with N’Zoth from the trailer for Visions of N’Zoth, through the way that the content of his power manifests in-game, the threat N’Zoth poses is a little bit different."

Which trailer exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    They think they made a trailer, but they didn't.
    Pretty sure it's this one:

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, the "sub count does not matter for your fun" myth.

But it does. How much fun is a MMORPG with noone to play with or against?

Have you ever wondered why no battlegrounds open on low level in some regions anymore?

Or why LFR is only opening on prime time in some regions?

Or why the world feels that empty?

Yep. It is the sub count.
    The person you are responding to said none of that... their exact words..

What sub count do you need to enjoy playing your game?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

because W3 reforged released in 2020 like it was supposed to

oh wait ...
    which have zero relevance to wow, but sure, there is 0.00000000000001% chance they will not release it in 2020, if you want to treat is as a fact be my guest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no 8.3.5, but we can still have 8.3.1a and 8.3.1b, IIRC they've already done that.