Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post

You must be deluded to make such a comment, it's not an opinion the game goes an eternity with no new content, it's a fact.
    Folks wouldn't argue that the game has short periods of time with no new content, THAT would be a fact. Slamming the hyperbole button is where you get folks to argue with you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    The sad sad reality of all this is you guys have become accustomed to having content droughts lasting donkeys years, and it's an absolute joke - this is now 2020.
    Most active players I know just barely managed to finish parts of the 8.2 content (nazjatar or mechagon) and even the prep for 1-2x paragon chests for 8.3 is a rare sight for raiding players, since there was just lots of stuff to do.

If you feel there is a drought, you might be just to casual even for WoW and should just switch to whatever phone game you might feel attracted to.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Most active players I know just barely managed to finish parts of the 8.2 content (nazjatar or mechagon) and even the prep for 1-2x paragon chests for 8.3 is a rare sight for raiding players, since there was just lots of stuff to do.

If you feel there is a drought, you might be just to casual even for WoW and should just switch to whatever phone game you might feel attracted to.
    Sarcasm clearly isn't your forte kid Like a lot of people i'm waiting to see if they can produce anything decent next xpac, so if too casual is not even subbing to the game then bravo. Run along.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Tell me something, in the 9+ months of content drought, what are our motivations to level alts? With shadowlands changing leveling so much, it feels like a waste now.

During these huge content droughts (that a game that has a sub + buying expansions shouldn't have in the first place), people usually level alts.

But you can't really level alts now. It would be a colossal, insane waste of time, since it will be so much easier to do that in Shadowlands. I already regret having so many characters if it's gonna be much easier to make alts in the future.

Not to mention that apparently there's no 8.3.5. It's a slap in the face really. This company could take a shit in our mouths and people would still applaud them.
    That's on you. If you feel it's a waste if time and someone does not, it doesn't mean it is. How do you know it will be easier? It could take just as long or longer. You just are able to do it all in one location now.

You also have the ability to stop supporting practices you don't like. So have you unsubbed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me something, in the 9+ months of content drought, what are our motivations to level alts? With shadowlands changing leveling so much, it feels like a waste now.

During these huge content droughts (that a game that has a sub + buying expansions shouldn't have in the first place), people usually level alts.

But you can't really level alts now. It would be a colossal, insane waste of time, since it will be so much easier to do that in Shadowlands. I already regret having so many characters if it's gonna be much easier to make alts in the future.

Not to mention that apparently there's no 8.3.5. It's a slap in the face really. This company could take a shit in our mouths and people would still applaud them.
    Pretty sure we haven't had 9+ months of content drought, have we?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You do know there is no shame in admitting you've outgrown the game and then moving on to another waste of your time, right?
    That, and people seem to forget Blizzard has repeatedly told players who feel they have nothing to do to unsub and come back when they feel there is something to do. But yet here we are listening to people paying and complaining about a problem they can easily avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    no
    Do point out where your info says otherwise.

Patch is today its gonna take afew months to have things on farm. Then there is summertime so maybe 3 months of drought at max

@xStevooo
    Dont take it that personal, it was clear from your generalized posting that you dont play the game. You can take a break, wait for shadowlands or quit WoW forever it is your personal choice. But why do you care about the game right now in this discussion? Are you unhappy with your choice to quit the game?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    BfA is the only expansion in the history of WoW with two mid-expansion content droughts followed by one huge monster fucking drought at the end.
    What are you talking about majority vof people still cant kill jaina also several exspansions had 12 month last patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    I love how in this "content drought" WoD and Cataclysm are conveniently forgotten about...
    Not to mention the end of WOTLK
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    @xStevooo
    Dont take it that personal, it was clear from your generalized posting that you dont play the game. You can take a break, wait for shadowlands or quit WoW forever it is your personal choice. But why do you care about the game right now in this discussion? Are you unhappy with your choice to quit the game?
    Trying to be patronising? Don't try bud.
    Like a lot of people i sub for the first month of a new xpac then unsub when the honeymoon period ends (typically after 2-3 days nowadays) and the true shallow depth of the xpac becomes clear. I do hope one day the game returns to some sort of decent state so I can play my Hunter once more, but I don't waste my time with shit. We can all hope.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to much to do. Can't play every night and if I can I play max 4hrs.
    Content is fine for me.

Honestly, as easy as blizzard has made it for me to not enjoy their games not caring about current customers is not exclusive to blizzard.
    You see it all the time, especially so in phone deals and satellite TV. Deals for NEW customers only. Amazing deals for just NEW customers while the customers they have rarely get access to any deal much less the new sign up deals. Doesn't matter how long you have been a customer.

blizzard is no different. Once they have you in the net, you are less interesting because you are less likely to leave. Getting NEW customers is a higher priority because time and time again, people rarely leave what they are paying for. Gym memberships is another example.

this tactic is nothing new. As far as leveling alts, you level them to level them to have other options to play. Nothing all that meaningful no matter whats coming down the pipe.