10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. Bernie needs to have withdrawn right after his heart attack. And the fact that he's openly giving the GOP attack points is asinine, sophomoric, and dangerously naive.
    Its always fun to see right-wing liberals, again, trying to push out the only left-wing candidate so that they can go back to their beloved status quo.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Why, I thought you wanted Trump to win?
    Lol! I do. That would make it easier for him to win. If Biden wants to win, he certainly should not be picking one of the radical candidates. I do not think he will pick her. He is not that dumb.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. Bernie needs to have withdrawn right after his heart attack. And the fact that he's openly giving the GOP attack points is asinine, sophomoric, and dangerously naive.
    Reading Bernie's reply I don't think it is what he said, he stated that it's hard for a woman to win especially after Hillary which is true. As for giving GOP attack points Bernie's got built in teflon protection similar to Trump if he wins it will sure be interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    gotta boost those ratings with a manufactured fight!

toss in some trolling and that's what this is
    Media has been trying to get progressives to go after each other since the start they don't want them to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    The problem is that the status quo is what leads to these far right nutjobs getting popular(GoP in the US, Boris/ukip in the UK, SD in Sweden etc..). Trump is merely a symptom, not the disease.
    Not necessarily. Times are a changing. I'll take sane (Biden) people pushing centrist, with a dash of left and right leaning policies for the next 8-16 years until Gen X and Millennials fully dislodged Boomers from their perch on high. Then we can really start to push for some progressive policies. I'd rather start that push from a place of sanity, then after years of people the caliber of Trump shitting all over the place.

Frankly, I'm in NJ, we vote late and it'll probably be decided by time it gets here. I'll be voting for whomever the Democrat nominate for the foreseeable future, until such a time that ranked choice becomes a thing. I'm not a Democrat, never have been, but the Republican party is untenable at this point.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Not necessarily. Times are a changing. I'll take sane (Biden) people pushing centrist, with a dash of left and right leaning policies for the next 8-16 years until Gen X and Millennials fully dislodged Boomers from their perch on high. Then we can really start to push for some progressive policies. I'd rather start that push from a place of sanity, then after years of people the caliber of Trump shitting all over the place.

Frankly, I'm in NJ, we vote late and it'll probably be decided by time it gets here. I'll be voting for whomever the Democrat nominate for the foreseeable future, until such a time that ranked choice becomes a thing. I'm not a Democrat, never have been, but the Republican party is untenable at this point.
    Biden is the Boomer candidate. Biden is not the 'sane' candidate, his brain is melting just as much as Trumps, they just know how to dress him up beter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Am I the only one who's seemingly notice an internet trollfight spring out of nowhere between Bernie supporters and Warren supporters, each claiming the other said something - when neither did?

Yeah, anybody else smell Borscht? I sure do...
    Then you havent been paying attention frankly. The nastiness can be traced back to around when Biden went into the race. Why Biden? Well it was Bernie's first big dip in the polls. To make up for it, Bernie's campaign went after Warren.
    Basically whenever Bernie needs poll boost, they prefer to attack Warren, some strategy to consolidate the leftist primary vote.
    They've been accusing Warren of being a republican, in bed with banks, etc. If you want a timeline, read some headlines from Jacobin over the past year. They're basically Bernie' online teen fanzine, well other than Teen Vogue.

No doubt there's some amplification from Putin bots. Putin loves to attack women as well, as he sees feminism as one of those "decadent western" things destroying his world.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is the Boomer candidate. Biden is not the 'sane' candidate, his brain is melting just as much as Trumps, they just know how to dress him up beter.
    They're all Boomers or hell even Silent Generation, Biden, Trump, Sanders, you could say that their "brain's are melting" each one, that's the way it's gonna be for a bit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    They're all Boomers or hell even Silent Generation, Biden, Trump, Sanders, you could say that their "brain's are melting" each one, that's the way it's gonna be for a bit.
    Bernie mostly has the young vote behind him, so no you can't say it for all of them. And just hearing Biden speak. i.e about Cornpop, he, unlike the other candidates, is clearly not exactly at 100% mentally.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them are with it when they speak. The youth vote is meaningless in the way you mention. We're talking about their ages, not just who supports them. All three are well into the back 9 of their lives.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Bernie mostly has the young vote behind him, so no you can't say it for all of them. And just hearing Biden speak. i.e about Cornpop, he, unlike the other candidates, is clearly not exactly at 100% mentally.
    As much as I hate to say this the young vote does not really have a big impact, young people have the lowest participation rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    As much as I hate to say this the young vote does not really have a big impact, young people have the lowest participation rate.
    That is why somebody like Bernie is a good thing to energize them. Next step should be actually making it easier to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they feel like the previous generation is basically destroying the future which is true for the most part.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

That is why somebody like Bernie is a good thing to energize them. Next step should be actually making it easier to vote.
    Bernie energized them last cycle and still lost by 4 million votes in the primary. The knives are out. Media is actually starting to vet him. AND he's going to be stuck in Washington for at least 2 weeks leading up to the Iowa caucuses. Expect his polling to drop after this debate as CNN will absolutely bring his past.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Because they feel like the previous generation is basically destroying the future which is true for the most part.
    Um not true. Young people dont show up for mostly laziness and not even remembering to go. Especially for primaries. Bernie has high polling numbers but i bet people straight up forget to go. Older generations especially retires just have more time on their hands to take the time to go and vote. This will be his big down fall and he wont make it through the primaries.

So remember how Bernie was all for getting dark money out of politics? He forgot to tell Our Revolution and Justice Dems, who are now running attack ads against Biden and Buttigieg.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/justi...b650c621e447c9

The 2016 primary numbers say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    They are not motivated to vote if that was the reason they would be motivated as voting is the only way to get power back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2016 primary numbers say otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not motivated to vote if that was the reason they would be motivated as voting is the only way to get power back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Bernie energized them last cycle and still lost by 4 million votes in the primary. The knives are out. Media is actually starting to vet him. AND he's going to be stuck in Washington for at least 2 weeks leading up to the Iowa caucuses. Expect his polling to drop after this debate as CNN will absolutely bring his past.
    And? That does not really change anything about what I said, or how the general election will go. He is still by the far the most popular candidate with the youth.

And? That does not really change anything about what I said, or how the general election will go. He is still by the far the most popular candidate with the youth.
    And the youth doesn't participate enough to swing elections, by age he is a boomer it's not inaccurate not sure why that's a problem. As for the general election no one knows how that will go if you do please give me some lottery numbers because from now until November that a million Trump scandals and craziness away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be Sanders. Go with Biden and enjoy another L

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I like Sanders a little better than Biden, but either is going to be fine with me. In reality, I only care about one thing, who has a better shot at defeating Trump. I'm no political scientist working with a quality polling outfit, but from what I've seen, in the places that really matter (MI, WI, PA, MN) with the groups that really matter, it seems like Biden has a better shot at that than Sanders, so right now, I'm leaning Biden.

All that being said, were Warren to drop out and Sanders able to consolidate the more progressive primary voters, I think he'd win the nomination. I think Warren and Sanders are splitting the more progressive types fairly evenly whereas Biden isn't losing nearly as much as a percentage of moderates to Mayor Pete & Klobuchar.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-01-14 at 04:36 PM.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect