Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How did you find the defeat of the Legion? Beliveable?

I think the way blizzard handled defeating Sargeras was acceptable enough, how else are you going to defeat someone like that? It felt believable enough given the whole journey of the expansion, the titan artifacts etc, an impossible chance, made possible in an acceptable way.

The way they used the titans etc, what could have used more explanation however was us defeating Argus form. Were we enhanced by the titans and by how we were transported to the seat of the Pantheon? Also a bit dodgy was Aggramar's defeat.. was he weakened by the bosses we defeated earlier? We certainly weren't fighting his full form, yet it was him! so what were we fighting? His soul I guess, and we have no idea what that means in terms of power or defeatability, because it is so vague how can we say it was impossible for us to defeat them?

How we powered up:

1. Artifact weapons - we gained immense power from them
    2. Netherlight Crucible - a fusion of a light and void godling to enhance
    3. The Army of the Light
    4. The Pillars of Creation
    5. The Nightwell
    6. The vindicaar seriously empowered.
    7. Illidan
    8. Eonar
    9. Legendaries

Did we get any titanic or kaldorei power from the Tomb of Sargeras/Cathedral of Eternal Night.

Most of these weren't used inside Antorus, they got us to there, but we had the artefact weapons, legendaries and Eonar after her encounter to help the rest of the fight.

The thing is most of the bosses we defeated weren't necessarily aiding or boosting the power of the bosses, so it's not like Antorus was weakened the further we progressed and the more we fought.

- - - Updated - - -

Ig uess we fought the titans' souls, and not them actually.. This is one of the reasons how and why the victory is believable enough.

The titans at the seat of the pantheon, their greatest seat of power are able to use their power to defeat Sargeras, or at least suck him back from Azeroth and somehow contain him. Not sure how that works, but he obviously couldn't use his body to destroy the seat, perhaps because they got his soul first.

It's acceptable enough if you ask me.

Sure, I just didn't understand anything when they pulled Sargeras out of clound surrounding Azeroth or wtf happened.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Aggramar was weakened by both his original "death" at Sargeras' hands, then his long torture as he was psychologically broken down and made to serve the Legion as an enforcer. Basically put, what we fought was just a portion of the Aggramar that once was - effectively an avatar. The Legion and Sargeras were also bent toward the conquest of Azeroth, evidenced by the fact that Sargeras himself was almost entirely focused on Azeroth and the bulk of the Legion's forces were en route (as can be seen in Argus' skybox there are mass Legion dreadnoughts moving toward it). Basically, our strike on Antorus was done while the Legion was otherwise occupied, and following on the heels of the loss of Kil'jaeden (capitalizing on a hierarchical shakeup in their leadership).

Antorus was what I like to think of as a hit-job, basically. A powerful breaching force sent to sneak through Antorus while it is otherwise busy with the invasion of Azeroth and liquidate high-value targets like the High Command, Portal Keeper Hasabel (Legion logistics), Kin'garoth (development), the Shivarra Coven, and finally Aggramar and Argus themselves. Basically removing what was left of the Legion's leadership and its most powerful weapons. This caused the invasion of Azeroth to break down, especially after Sargeras himself was imprisoned in the Seat of the Pantheon by the remaining Titans.

I think it was believable, if somewhat far-fetched. I think we needed a bit more build-up and some exposition to more fully explain what we were doing on Argus.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Technically the Legion hasn't been defeated, we just took out its leaders, and stopped them from using Argus to regenerate as so quickly. Most of the demons and lower tier commanders are still out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think the way blizzard handled defeating Sargeras was acceptable enough, how else are you going to defeat someone like that? It felt believable enough given the whole journey of the expansion, the titan artifacts etc, an impossible chance, made possible in an acceptable way.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    On topic: defeating the legion on Argus could have been an expansion in itself, though I am glad it wasn't (demon/fel fatigue).

Off topic: you make entirely too many topics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Technically the Legion hasn't been defeated, we just took out its leaders, and stopped them from using Argus to regenerate as so quickly. Most of the demons and lower tier commanders are still out there.
    They are demons, without a strong leader to keep them in check they'll just dissipate and start doing whatever they wish just like they always did.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Quote for this. The first, second, and third in charge were all wiped out and we all spent a good chunk of out legion storylines hounding down various other ranks among the leadership. That is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    On topic: defeating the legion on Argus could have been an expansion in itself, though I am glad it wasn't (demon/fel fatigue).
    I wouldn't have minded this idea over BFA's faction war, to be enitrely honest....

Properly deal with the legion threat? cause imo taking out Sargeras in a patch is a bit of a let down.

I dont think the legion is defeated,just pushed back a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Antorus was merely a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Sure, I just didn't understand anything when they pulled Sargeras out of clound surrounding Azeroth or wtf happened.
    Sargeras had made pit stop on Argus by the time Illidan used the keystone to open the way to Argus. Sargeras seen we was busy raiding Antorus so he was ready to do whatever had planned to Azoeroth but we interfered on him and in a fit of rage he lashed out.

We literally took down their entire military command. They're mostly fucked.

Would have been more believable if we had a tournament on Argus first.

From what we've been told throughout Legion, Sargeras was trying to corrupt Azeroth prior to us defeating Argus. He only turned physical when he had no other option but to "destroy" her, AKA during his imprisonment.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's believable. I always found Legion's story to be top tier in terms of WoW storytelling (Which isn't that much of an achievement, if you ask me), and Legion certainly claps BFA's storytelling, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Would have been more believable if we had a tournament on Argus first.
    That would've actually been dumb...

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt like they cut something out when Sargeras was suddenly pulled out of that cloud.. where did he come from anyway?

The way he was sucked into his seat and all was fine, I didnt expect to fight him anyway but I completely missed when or how he arrived.

Our trip to Argus was fine too as was Antorus really.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed the guy that armed the whole legion, we broke engine that brought the most of the demons back, we killed the leaders that keep most of the legion from infighting or stepping out of line and we locked up the guy who had held the reins of it all. From what I know most demons without a powerful leader or a unified head that they will resort to infighting, power struggles or many of them will simply walk away from the legion to do their own thing. If Sargeras ever gets free that shit would change in the drop of a dime and it will be on again

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I felt like they cut something out when Sargeras was suddenly pulled out of that cloud.. where did he come from anyway?

The way he was sucked into his seat and all was fine, I didnt expect to fight him anyway but I completely missed when or how he arrived.

Sargeras had a clear passage AKA the rift between Argus and Azeroth, and Sargeras WAS the cloud. Titans were always able to become celestial Nebulas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you shoulda played the warlock class campaign. There it was revealed he became entranced with Azeroth. Seemingly in love with the titan, so he wished to corrupt her into fel like him so they could slay the universe and the void lords together. Then we bound him to the throne of the pantheon and he pulled a "if I can't have her no one will!" And stabbed at her heart. But luckily didn't get deep enough... Only just

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Sargeras had made pit stop on Argus by the time Illidan used the keystone to open the way to Argus. Sargeras seen we was busy raiding Antorus so he was ready to do whatever had planned to Azoeroth but we interfered on him and in a fit of rage he lashed out.
    Same for you too, he was working the whole time. Why we were in a rush to stop him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post

He was hanging out around argus, waiting for the demons on Azeroth to summon him.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Quote for this. The first, second, and third in charge were all wiped out and we all spent a good chunk of out legion storylines hounding down various other ranks among the leadership. That is all.
    no worries, archimonde is still there to take charge!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have minded this idea over BFA's faction war, to be enitrely honest....

Properly deal with the legion threat? cause imo taking out Sargeras in a patch is a bit of a let down.
    Also @Bethanie but the Legion is only the legion because someone as cosmically powerful as Sargeras could unite them into a fighting force, no single demon or armies of demons could defeat the titan, without him, the demons descend back into myriads of chaotic beings all seeking their own odds. He was the one that systemically we around containing and imprisoning them, removing them from the Great Dark beyond so life could flourish in the cosmos before he changed his goal to start his mission.

And this is not including the normal beings like Eredar and others (Dread Lords) whom Sargeras demonised after seducing/enticing them into his cuase.

In other words, there is nothing like the Legion anymore..that's not tos ay there won't be demons to fight or a smaller organised force of demons by someone powerful enough to control or dominate large numbers of them.

But the myriad united host with a burning crusade should effectively be gone, and I won't like to see it back. Demons ofc neeed to play a role (i.e. to be defeated and as scary monsters requiring brave heroes to fell, but not like the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    no worries, archimonde is still there to take charge!
    He's dead...