Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You know, I just have to ask... people talk about content droughts and I'm honestly curious what do you define as a content drought? I mean, realistically, isn't a content drought as soon as you do everything that you were interested in doing in the patch?

3+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the amount of people who act like it's a bad thing to stop playing the game when it gets boring.

You need to realize that this is 100% normal, expected, and usual. WoW is just a video game, nothing more. You are supposed to stop playing when you don't enjoy it anymore. So just do that instead of crying that it's not permanently interestnig, it never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, I just have to ask... people talk about content droughts and I'm honestly curious what do you define as a content drought? I mean, realistically, isn't a content drought as soon as you do everything that you were interested in doing in the patch?
    Probably as soon as most of the common content-- elite gear, visions, mythic raids is more or less cleared by most of the demographics that are interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Then elaborate.
    Not that dude but I presume he means how WoD was kinda just left to its own devices in HFC (see also: maintenance mode) while the devs hard shifted focus on Legion. The difference this time is that the lead dev has pretty much flat out told us ahead of time 8.3 is the end. There was a bit of a lull in HFC (6.2) where we didn't know where WoD was going.

Fine by me, a content drought will encourage me to go and play other games in my backlog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Not that dude but I presume he means how WoD was kinda just left to its own devices in HFC (see also: maintenance mode) while the devs hard shifted focus on Legion. The difference this time is that the lead dev has pretty much flat out told us ahead of time 8.3 is the end. There was a bit of a lull in HFC (6.2) where we didn't know where WoD was going.
    well if that's true then the existing pattern of the overall consensus of every expansion continues as it has since WotLK :P

WotLK > good
    Cata > bad
    MoP > good
    WoD > bad
    Legion > good
    BfA > bad
    SL > good?

EDIT: Also don't quote me saying 'well I liked said 'bad' expansion' or 'said good expansion was shit'. I said overall consensus not your unpopular opinion.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-14 at 04:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even then the two aren’t comparable at all wod was left to rot after one patch which added next to nothing where bfa has been a full expan that is oming time an end.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    Imagine having such an interesting life that you're eager to prove someone wrong about a game's release date... the next year.

btw. Shadowlands is releasing in 2020 still

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If Shadowlands arrives in August-September, that's 7 or 8 months of 8.3 - whether or not that's acceptable depends on how fun the 8.3 stuff is over the long haul.

Though, I suppose this puts the lid on any extra allied races, at least for this expansion.
    I predict Shadowlands will be released in June 2020

Even then the two aren’t comparable at all wod was left to rot after one patch which added next to nothing where bfa has been a full expan that is oming time an end.
    I really don't think that was the developer's intention with WoD and to imply otherwise is somewhat disingenuous. The fact remains that both WoD and BfA were poorly received and had content axed as the developers focused on the incoming expansion.

Harping on about how awful WoD was or how it is somehow "worse" than BfA just seems like you want to share with the world your extremely unique opinion that WoD sucked. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    well if that's true then the existing pattern of the overall consensus of every expansion continues as it has since WotLK :P

WotLK > good
    Cata > bad
    MoP > good
    WoD > bad
    Legion > good
    BfA > bad
    SL > good?

EDIT: Also don't quote me saying 'well I liked said 'bad' expansion' or 'said good expansion was shit'. I said overall consensus not your unpopular opinion.
    The quality of an expansion should be gauged by your personal opinion, not an overall consensus. Hivemind mentalities are very irritating and this forum is full of that shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The game feels like a single player venture if you don’t Mythic raid. Unless they fix that it will be more of the same.
    Pvp
    Islands
    Warfront a, now heroic and actually hard which makes them fun
    Brawls
    World PvP
    Dungeons
    Maybe go rp in this rpg.
    Visions of insanity.

All things you can do with friends or randoms. Not really singleplayer. It feels like singleplayer cAuse you log on and do nothing, and talk to no one. If you actually go out. Chat, interact. Etc, you will make tons of friends.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think that was the developer's intention with WoD and to imply otherwise is somewhat disingenuous. The fact remains that both WoD and BfA were poorly received and had content axed as the developers focused on the incoming expansion.

Harping on about how awful WoD was or how it is somehow "worse" than BfA just seems like you want to share with the world your extremely unique opinion that WoD sucked. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

The quality of an expansion should be gauged by your personal opinion, not an overall consensus. Hivemind mentalities are very irritating and this forum is full of that shit.
    Yeah people love ton praise the hivemind. But it wasn't until only recently that people began to go "wow lol was actually good" before hand it was. "Omfg 13 month end of expansion drought! Soo bad raid, too many dailies. Pandas for furries" etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account

Bfa has been a full expan unlike wod. That is the only fact there is to be had.

There was no announced content that was axed and no zone that was suppose to be in at launch pushed back.

They aren’t comparable in any way.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-01-14 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Lol, the amount of people who act like it's a bad thing to stop playing the game when it gets boring.

You need to realize that this is 100% normal, expected, and usual. WoW is just a video game, nothing more. You are supposed to stop playing when you don't enjoy it anymore. So just do that instead of crying that it's not permanently interestnig, it never was and never will be.
    Blizz has said they agree with this and understand it a few times. And every time they do the fanbase shits on them.

"We understand our fans are cyclical and we encourage that, as our content is cyclical, we can only produce patches and expansions so quickly, so we are used to seeing players join for a patch or expansion. Then leave a few months later. To them come back again next patch. Leaving once they have done all the content"

Then the community just what on them for "well ifnyour game was good we wouldn't need tonwuitnplsying. Then make content fasters. Wow is dead. Devs accept no one plays dead game!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s WoD —> Legion all over again..
    Wod had an almost 15 month drought between its final patch and legion. We are not getting that again with BFA to shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.
    I mean, yeah. That happens every expansion. They can't build content fast enough.

Point about no new open-world zones, though. 7.3 had all of Argus and 6.2 Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I mean, yeah. That happens every expansion. They can't build content fast enough.

Point about no new open-world zones, though. 7.3 had all of Argus and 6.2 Tanaan.
    Vanilla had no new zone
    TBC had Isle of Quel'danas
    Wrath had no new zone
    Cata had no new zone
    MoP had Isle of Thunder and timeless isles
    WoD only had Tanaan
    Legion had Broken shore and Argus
    BfA has Mechagon and Naz'jatar

BfA doesn't have anything less than the previous expansions

Bfa has been a full expan unlike wod. That is the only fact there is to be had.

There was no announced content that was axed and no zone that was suppose to be in at launch pushed back.

They aren’t comparable in any way.
    Many assumed there would be a 8.3.5 to help fill in the story gap between 8.3 and 9.0. (Sylv goes from killing Saurfang to fucking with Bolvar in ICC with the help of SL's new unnamed big bad "the Jailor"... just cuz?) The entire point of this thread is to discuss the fact that it has been confirmed -- before 8.3 has even been released, no less -- that 8.3 is the final patch of BfA. It's certainly not identical but I can definitely understand why some people would see similarities between the situations.

Many assumed there would be a 8.3.5 to help fill in the story gap between 8.3 and 9.0. (Sylv goes from killing Saurfang to fucking with Bolvar in ICC with the help of SL's new unnamed big bad "the Jailor"... just cuz?) The entire point of this thread is to discuss the fact that it has been confirmed -- before 8.3 has even been released, no less -- that 8.3 is the final patch of BfA. It's certainly not identical but I can definitely understand why some people would see similarities between the situations.
    They'll probably wind up connecting it in some sort of cinematic series leading up to the release of SL, much like the last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They'll probably wind up connecting it in some sort of cinematic series leading up to the release of SL, much like the last few expansions.
    Very likely. I still personally would have preferred actual game content to flesh out the story but if I'm losing that to get a better overall expansion in SL then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.

Pray tell, what will you do when Shadowlands comes out around August/Sept and your fearmongering and pointless negativity is exposed as exactly that?

There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.
    Hey Zimpoli, Not sure if this has been pointed out in the last 20 pages but they had that exact same line for Warcraft 3 Reforged but for 2019 and it's still not out yet. Just because the store says that doesn't mean it will happen.

I'm pretty sure that Shadowlands will be release before December but I'm still guessing Q4, just maybe October.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are no similarities between an expan that had one patch which was only a zone that was suppose to be in at launch and a raid and a full multi patch multi raid multi zone expan.

You assuming there would be a 8.3.5 is meaningless when it comes to them being alike or not.