Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So I'll stay out of this game until everything is available few months later.
    It doesn't work like that. In order to keep up, you'll have to do some tasks daily and/or weekly. So in other words, it's exactly like WoW has been for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I know this was possible but not mandatory. But the cloak will be.
    The difference between the base and max level ring was fucking insane. It was mandatory in the same sense that upgrading the Legendary cloak is mandatory. Quit getting upset about shit for the sake of being upset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Despite the obligatory complaints that come from the comments section on anything, this is actually what the community has begged for. A game that wants you to play it the same way no matter when you play it and doesnt hurt you for being a person that exists outside of the game. You miss a week because life happens? No big deal, you're not behind for the next few weeks until everyone caps out. Its a mix of catchup and active mechanics perfectly- it doesnt give you less work to do later, make it easier when you do get to it, make you more powerful sooner, or make anyone else's work more or less worthwhile. It neither emphasizes waiting nor staying up to pace, the only intrinsic benefit is that if you enjoy playing, doing it early gives you more game to experience. So the games reward is the experience of playing the game, an old concept we've missed for some time. Regardless it does its job without punishing people for attendance- as previously both being there early and coming in late had their own pronounced disadvantages. This is the metric we wanted- that skill and a reasonable amount of commitment are what make the player. So you cant just jump in and in two days be one of the world's top players, but you also dont have to quit your job and abandon your family to get rank 14.

I know a lot of people are going out of their way to try to tie other arguments into this. Yes its time gated, and yes that's become a common practice. But its not the point of this blue post and I am not going to conflate what i'm talking about in regards to the way the catch-up is done being contrasted with the way entire game systems are laid out to keep player investment high. Muddling an argument like that is counterproductive and obstinate, which unfortunately are pretty much the two words I'd use to describe forum posts about video games to begin with.

In my opinion and based on looking at this through the lens of what i've gathered from most well-thought out commentaries on the catch-up systems I've seen, I think the response will be pretty unified and strong: This is exactly how it should work. I encourage people to give positive feedback to this so that hopefully they carry it into Shadowlands and we have a great expansion forthcoming. If you do have criticism of it, give it in a measured and explicit manner that says exactly what part is wrong, why and what you would do about it. Now more than ever its clear they need help actually formulating the ideas of how to handle the game mechanics, so the less times we can tell them "this sucks" the better. Instead, for example, we should tell them "this sucks because X doesnt fit with the nature of Y and I suggest incorporating Z as part of a more gradual system." They have said they tend to take those posts much more seriously as feedback.

Bonus points: If you really want your feedback to be taken seriously be sure to praise the Chinese government, denounce human rights as Western propaganda and exclaim your love of the dynasty of Xi, Emperor of the Yellow River. This lets them know you're trustworthy, a fellow PRC member and/or a shareholder.
    You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

Are you guys not happy that you don't have to grind out your clock hardcore, and theres a cap? And that if you mess up you're not permanently behind. ( Also alts can catch up quickly and do same upgrades as a main in one week if you start late on that alt ).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The difference between the base and max level ring was fucking insane. It was mandatory in the same sense that upgrading the Legendary cloak is mandatory. Quit getting upset about shit for the sake of being upset.
    While I do agree that it's mandatory based on the power alone, it's not mandatory IN THE SAME SENSE as you suggest. What he means is that there's gear in the game that literally require you to have high level cloak to be able to wear them. That form of requirement was never put in the game before, so by definition the cloak is mandatory IN A DIFFERENT SENSE, not IN THE SAME SENSE.

They obviously weren't going to let people fall behind permanently in today's WoW.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They obviously weren't going to let people fall behind permanently in today's WoW.
    Yeah, you say this, but the moment you dc during one visions and are permanently screwed youd be complaining about it. That kind of thing is good for a single player game, but not for a game that is dependent on your internet connection.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    While I do agree that it's mandatory based on the power alone, it's not mandatory IN THE SAME SENSE as you suggest. What he means is that there's gear in the game that literally require you to have high level cloak to be able to wear them. That form of requirement was never put in the game before, so by definition the cloak is mandatory IN A DIFFERENT SENSE, not IN THE SAME SENSE.
    That's fairly semantic. If player power is how you gauge the item's value both upgrading the cloak and upgrading the ring have the same exact net result: Higher player power restricted behind a weekly grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yeah, you say this, but the moment you dc during one visions and are permanently screwed youd be complaining about it. That kind of thing is good for a single player game, but not for a game that is dependent on your internet connection.
    I wasn't complaining, was just being factual as almost everything is catch-up'abble. Way to be a being a dick for no reason tho, ty.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I wasn't complaining, was just being factual as almost everything is catch-up'abble. Way to be a being a dick for no reason tho, ty.
    You have 5k posts. You know damn well 90% of this forum does nothing but bitch. It's a safe assumption. And your post did sound like complaining by adding "todays wow".
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's fairly semantic. If player power is how you gauge the item's value both upgrading the cloak and upgrading the ring have the same exact net result: Higher player power restricted behind a weekly grind.
    I think he just meant that upgrading the cloak is sort of necessary IF you have to balance out a set of gear with high corruption. But I think we're splitting hairs at this point. I don't see why someone would play content that acquires corrupted gear without also doing the cloak stuff to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    So basically this means if I take a week off I could do like 6 of the Visions. Is this also true for messed up Visions?
    Yes, but most likely no. You can do 6 Visions if you have enough corrupted momentos to open 6 Visions. But if you take weeks off, chances are you dont have that many, so you will be locked behind not having enough currency to progress.

Oh boy! Jolly fun getting a legendary piece of paper on my back with corruption resistance! Thanks Blizzard is what I always wanted. It doesn't even look special or anything ;/

Would've preffered something like the MoP cloak or WoD ring over this shit and be done with it once it's done instead of mandatorily having to upgrade the damn thing.
    You had to upgrade both the MoP cloak and WoD ring by grinding raid bosses over and over and over and over again for shitty tablets/shards for weeks until you could get the final product.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy! Jolly fun getting a legendary piece of paper on my back with corruption resistance! Thanks Blizzard is what I always wanted. It doesn't even look special or anything ;/

Would've preffered something like the MoP cloak or WoD ring over this shit and be done with it once it's done instead of mandatorily having to upgrade the damn thing.
    it's realy strange that the second tier cloak looks better then the legendary itself.

The corruption system imo is also something we realy not needed, I mean first time looking at I didn't feel any vibes or excitement at all only confusion.

OT: I am curious if they kept in the dragonball Z cutscene at the end of the raid, but we will see soon enough.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-01-14 at 05:47 PM.

Tyrande makes forceful argument for vengeance.... (model bounces up and down)… oh, does that weaken my argument?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    You can always cleanse those items and not worry about the level of your cloak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    You had to upgrade both the MoP cloak and WoD ring by grinding raid bosses over and over and over and over again for shitty tablets/shards for weeks until you could get the final product.
    I was wrong about the ring, my bad - but once you had the cloak you were done, that's all I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Tyrande makes forceful argument for vengeance.... (model bounces up and down)… oh, does that weaken my argument?
    I laughed at that.

Lmao that Alliance cinematic is so bad.

I thought the leaders clapping was the cringe. But then that silly whatever-happened-to-Tyrande happened. And then, while speaking in anger... she started jumping like an excited teen girl.

Comedy in its finest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    What is up with these janky low-budget animations?
    These are just in-game scripted cutscenes... what were you expecting? It's no different from all the other in-game cutscenes we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Lmao that Alliance cinematic is so bad.

I thought the leaders clapping was the cringe. But then that silly whatever-happened-to-Tyrande happened. And then, while speaking in anger... she started jumping like an excited teen girl.

Comedy in its finest.
    They sure don't miss an opportunity to take a piss on night elves. -.-"