Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yes indeed. I wasn't saying you shouldn't be friends i'm saying if you're single and there is physical attraction then don't pretend like that relationship is the exact same as a relationship that is purely platonic. It's not.
    I don't know about that. I have friends that I'm physically attracted to, but I have no desire to act on it and it doesn't influence our relationship in any way. They're friends that look good, that's it.

Those friendships are as platonic as the rest of my friendships.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't know about that. I have friends that I'm physically attracted to, but I have no desire to act on it and it doesn't influence our relationship in any way. They're friends that look good, that's it.

Those friendships are as platonic as the rest of my friendships.
    If you're single then that's really weird and strange...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but I would say only if they are both in a relationship. Single people? No. If a guy starts hanging out with a woman it's for a reason and not because he just wants to be friends which some women seem to think. It's because he was successful enough to start playing "the game".

Lets be real here. A single guy hanging out with a single woman, it's inevitable for stronger feelings to arise. It's just how we humans are. Just like if two single gay guys or gay women hung out with each other they're inevitably going to feel attracted to each other or at least have thoughts of being in a relationship together. Once that seed is planted in their head it just gets stronger and stronger.

I guess there could be RARE occasions where they see each other as brother and sister but that's like finding a needle in a haystack. I'd also find it really weird. I hate how we all have to pretend at first that we're just hanging out because we legit just want to be friends. I wish we could all just cut the bullshit and get straight to the nitty gritty, no wasting time.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-14 at 05:41 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is that strange?

Or you know, as i pointed out earlier, sex drive/libido is individual, and some have lower/higher than others.
    And then there's people who just don't think that sex is something so amazing that they deliberately strive for it.
    it's perfectly possible to have attractive friends, without having the desire to act on it, or letting it influence the way you treat them/behave around them.

Because it doesn't fit your perception of how things are supposed to be, doesn't make it strange tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is that strange?
    Because you're friends with people who you think have a good personality. If they're also physically attractive then it's the perfect combo. Why would a single/looking person not pursue someone who has both of the desirable traits. It doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-01-14 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yes but I would say only if they are both in a relationship. Single people? No. If a guy starts hanging out with a woman it's for a reason and not because he just wants to be friends which some women seem to think. It's because he was successful enough to start playing "the game".
    I'm gonna say no to that one.
    A lot of my friends are female, both singles and in relationships.
    I didn't become friends with them because i wanted a romantic relationship or sex out of it.
    I did it because they're fun to spend time with, and there's a lot of common hobbies.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you're friends with people who you think have a good personality. If they're also physically attractive then it's the perfect combo. Why would a single/looking person not persue someone who has both of the desirable traits. It doesn't make any sense.
    Just because they have great personalities, doesn't mean that it's the kind of personality you're looking for in a romantic partner.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Or you know, as i pointed out earlier, sex drive/libido is individual, and some have lower/higher than others.
    And then there's people who just don't think that sex is something so amazing that they deliberately strive for it.
    it's perfectly possible to have attractive friends, without having the desire to act on it, or letting it influence the way you treat them/behave around them.

Because it doesn't fit your perception of how things are supposed to be, doesn't make it strange tbh.
    That's total BS lol, a single guy will treat a physically attractive female friend better than an ugly female friend with the same personality. Their libido would have to be non-existent for it to be otherwise...

That's total BS lol, a single guy will treat a physically attractive female friend better than an ugly female friend with the same personality. Their libido would have to be non-existent for it to be otherwise...
    Agree to disagree.
    It depends what your approach to the entire relationship is.
    if you have ulterior motives before engaging the attractive person, then yes it's going to affect the way you act around them contra less attractive people.
    But not everyone have ulterior motives.

EDIT: also way to go generalizing a huge diverse demographic and fairly complex social interactions.
    Not every single guy is a hormonal teenager.
    Last edited by freezion; 2020-01-14 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you're friends with people who you think have a good personality. If they're also physically attractive then it's the perfect combo. Why would a single/looking person not persue someone who has both of the desirable traits. It doesn't make any sense.
    There's a lot of people out there who both look great and have great personalities, you don't pursue all of them do you? And like someone said above me, just because they have great personalities doesn't mean you match romantically.

I'd much rather pursue someone from outside my circle of friends.

- - - Updated - - -

So with women they're either attractive which means you pursue them sexually, or they're ugly which means you treat them poorly?

Your libido doesn't need a say in every interaction you have with people.

Er... yeah? The fuck kind of question is this?

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of people out there who both look great and have great personalities, you don't pursue all of them do you?
    Yeah sure why not, if you're looking for a partner with the very best combo of looks and personality then you can't know what is the best you can get unless you try and go for everything.

So with women they're either attractive which means you pursue them sexually, or they're ugly which means you treat them poorly?
    No of course not, treating attractive people better doesn't mean that ugly people are treated poorly.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-01-14 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneye View Post
    I'm not sure. Seems to be awfully hard for some to not want to fuck someone they think are attractive.
    Well OP didn't mention attractiveness, could be some old or unattractive person that you enjoy the company with. Hell they could be a 10 and it's still possible to be friends with them.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Being only friends with a chick is less of a choice and more like forced repression.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Being only friends with a chick is less of a choice and more like forced repression.
    This reads like something you would find on a manifesto after someones gone on a crime spree

Woman have more to offer than vagina's my troubled friend.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Has little matter to me the gender of someone. It has no bearing to friends. If im trying to find a date, people will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneye View Post
    Forced repression? How?
    They want to bang her but they're friendzoned... so to avoid going to prison, they suppress their desire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would a single/looking person not pursue someone who has both of the desirable traits.
    Maybe they're not romantically interested in them? Also, not everyone is interested in a relationship.

They want to bang her but they're friendzoned... so to avoid going to prison, they suppress their desire.
    This sounds like something pulled from an incel manifesto.

Can't put my finger on whether this belongs to MGTOW, niceguy or inceldom.

If ones being ''friendzoned'', they havent made their intentions clear, or wont acknowledge there's nothing in it for them and move one.

life isnt a romcom or 1980's titflick.

Men and women are typically just casual friends and acquiantances with each other than otherwise.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2020-01-17 at 11:30 AM.