Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Cuz void elves are basically just living bombs that are about to explode into some tentacles.
    That's it? Oh well, I don't really what the problem is. My SPriest has been exploding into tentacles for the last 10 or so years. No big deal.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Because they are weird crazy Old God lickers.

He wants less Old God corruption in his life, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The boss is not actually wrathion, he doesn't get corrupted.
    Speculation. No confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Speculation. No confirmation.
    Unless they changed it, not really speculation

https://youtu.be/SeW_m0Z8QTo?t=607

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Unless they changed it, not really speculation

https://youtu.be/SeW_m0Z8QTo?t=607
    Shiet my bad. Thank god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Because almost no one trust the Void elves. The only reason that they were accepted into the alliance was because Alleria vouched for them. You should make one some day, and walk into the Stormwind Cathedral, see how their "allies" really think of them.
    Yep. Alliance trust Ren'dorei less than Horde trust Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wration's character kind of became meaningless to me the moment Blizzard forgot he was even supposed to play a major role in The Legion, laying bare the facts they often walk back long laid plans for reasons with no justifiable explanation in story. So who he trusts or does not trust is as irrelevant as his characterization, or lack thereof.

"Weren't you supposed to help us prepare for The Legion? Where have you been!?"
    Wrathion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I interpreted those events differently. Rather than Blizzard not following through on some plans, I took it as Wrathion being a pouting child. "Things didn't go my way. We wouldn't be in this mess if you just listened to ME. You deal with this!" Afterall, he's only a few years old, and the end of the MoP campaign showed how...immature he can be when people don't do what he wants to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Yep. Alliance trust Ren'dorei less than Horde trust Forsaken.
    No? Why would you think that? Both Shandris and Wyrmbane get along with Umbric and Jaina thanked Umbric for his precious assistance in breaking into the Zandalari royal treasury. Then, Alliance forces fought side by side with the Ren'dorei during the Assaults on Dazar'alor and not a single soldier was complaining about their dark magic.

The only example of the Alliance remotely distrusting the Ren'dorei is when the NPCs at the Cathedral tell you to pay attention because you are entering a holy site when you are literally infused with darkness.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    No? Why would you think that? Both Shandris and Wyrmbane get along with Umbric and Jaina thanked Umbric for his precious assistance in breaking into the Zandalari royal treasury. Then, Alliance forces fought side by side with the Ren'dorei during the Assaults on Dazar'alor and not a single soldier was complaining about their dark magic.

The only example of the Alliance remotely distrusting the Ren'dorei is when the NPCs at the Cathedral tell you to pay attention because you are entering a holy site when you are literally infused with darkness.
    What the light fails to understand, "You can't have a 'Light' without a 'Dark' to stick it in." - Arlo Guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    What the light fails to understand, "You can't have a 'Light' without a 'Dark' to stick it in." - Arlo Guthrie.
    And the world suffers because of that. The Naaru believe that the Light alone should rule the cosmos, and look what their crusade did to AU Draenor. It's a torn wasteland. Each cosmic force must be balanced, if one became stronger than all the others, the cosmic balance would be broken and the cosmos would be shattered forever. That's a big plot point in modern WoW. Indeed, in Shadowlands we have to stop the Jailer and Sylvanas from becoming too powerful and allowing Death to become the most powerful cosmic force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I haven't finished the questline, lazily doing it befor emore unlocks on patch day, and I haven't checked the PTR story yet, and I don't mind spoilers (don't care really),

But Wrathion goes all over searching for ways to lessen the effects of corruption/ the whispers ... all teh major sources of lore are consulted -- the Shen'dralar, the Pandaren Lore KEepers, his own flight's records, Karazhan (which makes Kirin'tor redundant) - but why isn't seeking the void elves for answers to guard against corruption? and I would expect Suramar and Nar'thalas to have more ancient records, unless the Shen'dralar records superceded theirs ( he does spend 2 pages going on about their great knowledge - and that they'd even handled the void with some meausre of success - but most of their records in Dire Maul are destroyed.. to question?

1. Why not go ask living Shen'dralar?
    2. Why not ask void elves and the Locus Walker?
    3. Why not ask some of the Keepers who surely would have nowledge of this?
    4. Where is the Light and why isn't it being used?

He does explain why he can't get knowledge from other flights.

I have possible solutions: for 1 & 2 - it could be that he has n o one to trust for certain amongst the highborne or void elves for reliable answers, not knowing who's been watched by n'zoth and who's been overcome, or they just know with the living ones would have provided answers already if they did, and Wrathion has already exhausted that.. Or maybe the void elves know other void whispers and N'zoth is more a direct hands on, which is much harder or slightly different than the general beyond the veil whispers? As for the Keepers, they may have no knowledge of how mortals can safeguard corruption - although this doesn't seem plausible, I guess the fact M.O.T.H.E.R doesn't know is the answer to the Keepers not being satisfactory avenues.. As for the last.. what is the light? At first it became useless against undead and demons, and now all void solutions don't seem to involve it.. I don't get it ?

Surely good writing would at least show as clearly why some of these other avenues haven't been used.

Also, I notice a lot of humans and void elves now serving N'zoth when I was in the Karazhan catacombs... looks like they fell to the whispers OR it's possible in succumbing to N'zoth, Thalassians gain the void elf appearance but are not part of the ren'dorei group on the alliance trained by Alleria.

Note I haven't finished yet.
    I would guess, not many trust the void elves, or Wrathion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I would guess, not many trust the void elves, or Wrathion.
    Maybe, but they have more reason to trust the void elves who've never betrayed them. And they have inside knowledge of their capabilities with light stalwars like Turalyon and Velen vouching for and believing in them. Wrathion has no such thing.