Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There are no similarities between an expan that had one patch which was only a zone that was suppose to be in at launch and a raid and a full multi patch multi raid multi zone expan.

You assuming there would be a 8.3.5 is meaningless when it comes to them being alike or not.
    I don't know how many different ways I can say that it's not the same but I understand why some people would feel like it's similar. You want to repeatedly point out how much content WoD didn't have so as to drive home the fact that WoD was a travesty the likes of which mankind will never recover and I'm just saying that there is some similarity, regardless of how latent, between the current situation and what happened in WoD.

I'm sure you'll have some needlessly semantic explanation so I'll save you the trouble and agree to disagree.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't know how many different ways I can say that it's not the same but I understand why some people would feel like it's similar. You want to repeatedly point out how much content WoD didn't have so as to drive home the fact that WoD was a travesty the likes of which mankind will never recover and I'm just saying that there is some similarity, regardless of how latent, between the current situation and what happened in WoD.

I don’t really care one way or another about wod I’m solely pointing out that the two have zero similarities and any one claiming such is either talking nonsense or talking from ignorance. It’s not about them being the same it’s about them being nothing at all alike.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

I'm sure you'll have some needlessly semantic explanation so I'll save you the trouble and agree to disagree.
    On a completely different note, I thought of something I completely forgot about from our conversation about connecting the dots between 8.3 and 9.0, I think they mentioned that the Prepatch would have a lot to do with showing sylvanas's march to the frozen throne and that story. So I think our connections are coming with prepatch instead of 8.3.5

Honestly at this point, why should I even bother waiting for and playing Shadowlands? After what happened in all of BfA and a move like this with patch 8.3, does anyone even still have any confidence left in the devs for Shadowlands? And from what I saw of Shadowlands when I attended Blizzcon, I'm just not that confident it will be any better.

I'm willing to wait and see, but I'm certainly not going to commit to pre-order it. And if the attitude is "just wait a whole year for Shadowlands" and I'm not even willing to pre-order it, things aren't looking too great for WoW in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Honestly at this point, why should I even bother waiting for and playing Shadowlands? After what happened in all of BfA and a move like this with patch 8.3, does anyone even still have any confidence left in the devs for Shadowlands? And from what I saw of Shadowlands when I attended Blizzcon, I'm just not that confident it will be any better.

I'm willing to wait and see, but I'm certainly not going to commit to pre-order it. And if the attitude is "just wait a whole year for Shadowlands" and I'm not even willing to pre-order it, things aren't looking too great for WoW in my view.
    As someone who played WoD this feels like a pretty melodramatic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejewvnation View Post
    As someone who played WoD this feels like a pretty melodramatic statement.
    People are acting like they canceled a raid tier.

No, they're just not doing a patch they may have never had plans to do, a minor story patch.

Hopefully it means that shadowlands will release earlier but it also most likely mean that we won't get any more allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    Hopefully it means that shadowlands will release earlier but it also most likely mean that we won't get any more allied races.
    We used to get 1 or 2 races every few expansions, now we get a bunch of races and people still complain there isn't more..... weird world we live in.

They've added more races this expansion than they did in the rest of the post launch expansions combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    BfA doesn't have anything less than the previous expansions
    Difference is those won't be current content in the last patch of the expansion, which means they won't be relevant for that year-long content draught. That's what we were actually discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Difference is those won't be current content in the last patch of the expansion, which means they won't be relevant for that year-long content draught. That's what we were actually discussing.
    I mean, argus was pretty ass for it's drought period, one of my least favorite zones ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    To be fair this will be the shortest lasting final patch basically, people seem to forget how long some of the others were like in, Wrath, Cata, WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, argus was pretty ass for it's drought period, one of my least favorite zones ever created.
    I didn't love it either, but it was at least different territory. All of 8.3, for the next year, we'll be in Pandaland, Uldum, Stormwind, and Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wod had an almost 15 month drought between its final patch and legion. We are not getting that again with BFA to shadowlands.
    I agree. I didn't mean that they were similar.

What I find disheartening is the amount of mistakes in BFA similar to the ones they made in WOD which shows that they didn't learn from these mistakes. Especially the launch of BFA was problematic with an Azerite system that was competely flawed. This meant that they had to use a lot of dev time on fixing things instead of creating new features for the future patches. The launch of an expansion is very important. Things need to work from the start or they will fall behind. It happened in WOD (very badly) and now in BFA (although not as bad as WOD)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree. I didn't mean that they were similar.

What I find disheartening is the amount of mistakes in BFA similar to the ones they made in WOD which shows that they didn't learn from these mistakes. Especially the launch of BFA was problematic with an Azerite system that was competely flawed. This meant that they had to use a lot of dev time on fixing things instead of creating new features for the future patches. The launch of an expansion is very important. Things need to work from the start or they will fall behind. It happened in WOD (very badly) and now in BFA (although not as bad as WOD)
    Wods mistake was the lack of content and having you just be in the garrison all day.
    BFA's only mistakes are the azerite system wsas horrid to start, but luckily has gotten much better. and that warfronts and islands were boring. partially fixed since.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Lol, the amount of people who act like it's a bad thing to stop playing the game when it gets boring.

You need to realize that this is 100% normal, expected, and usual. WoW is just a video game, nothing more. You are supposed to stop playing when you don't enjoy it anymore. So just do that instead of crying that it's not permanently interestnig, it never was and never will be.
    And dare I say, even healthy.

Not sure when/how the metric for WoW's success became "it has to keep me entertained 24/7 or else it's a bad game!"

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    It's gunna be more like 6 months, but you do mentally unstable you.

All they said was 2020. My guess is october/november. Not quite a year, but still a very long time to be stuck in 8.3.

If they do manage to release by August, that would be pretty good.

Perfect for me. Ill play 8.3 for as long as i feel then unsub and take a break from wow and come back with the new xpac.
    The cycle continues.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizz has said they agree with this and understand it a few times. And every time they do the fanbase shits on them.

"We understand our fans are cyclical and we encourage that, as our content is cyclical, we can only produce patches and expansions so quickly, so we are used to seeing players join for a patch or expansion. Then leave a few months later. To them come back again next patch. Leaving once they have done all the content"

Then the community just what on them for "well ifnyour game was good we wouldn't need tonwuitnplsying. Then make content fasters. Wow is dead. Devs accept no one plays dead game!"
    Yeah just typical WoW players, thinking it's possible to make the game permanently fun. Games take years to make and are done in a few hours, there's no way WoW would magically be permanently fun, that's just crazy talk from ignorant people. Nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    And dare I say, even healthy.

Not sure when/how the metric for WoW's success became "it has to keep me entertained 24/7 or else it's a bad game!"
    It's a mentality that came from people who started playing the game late in Vanilla or TBC, with so much to do because they came in late, they got this idea that there's always something to do in the game. Obviously it's completely wrong, as seen in Classic, people ran out of things to do 1 week after max level, this was the same with every xpack release, devour the content in 1 month and then the game feels mostly empty al lthe time except the first few weeks of new content release. The game has always been like this but when you start playing there's so much new stuff that you get the idea that it's never ending stuff and that Blizzard today stopped making content.

Basically it's because of player's wrong perspective.

And yes, it's very healthy to take a break from the game, both to do other things and to actually enjoy WoW. I never lik the game more than when I come back from a long break and there's new stuff to do. More people should try it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All they said was 2020. My guess is october/november. Not quite a year, but still a very long time to be stuck in 8.3.

If they do manage to release by August, that would be pretty good.
    I mean even an october release would still put BFA drought at one of the lowest drought wise.
    As our mean/median for drought is about 11 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content