The State of Blizzard's Writing

...Is a total mess. These nu-males that Blizz has been hiring to write their shit have got to stop. It's like the only fucking piece of media they're inspired by is harem anime for nerd-culture loving soy-consuming "gamers". What with all the supposed overly-forgiving lawful good guys shaking their fists at the moustache twirling villains, the amount of kamehamehas and deus ex machinas, it's all convinced me this isn't Warcraft anymore, and that it is instead a shitty American anime churned out by some shills looking to capitalize off of the pop culture guzzlers from Twitter.

With the insults out of the way, we've got Jaina as well as the entire Alliance save for Tyrande who's suddenly forgiven the Horde for their crimes. We've got the Horde pretending they didn't go along with what Sylvanas told them to do, as well as the mouthbreathing Zandalarian trolls pretending their home and king wasn't sacked. We have N'zoth getting kamehameha'd to death or defeat just like Deathwing and Sargeras. Not to mention Nyalotha getting shafted and Nazjatar and Azshara being horribly underutilised and misrepresented. Seriously. The little cinematic entrance to the Eternal Palace raid was more faithful to what Nazjatar should've been than that half-zone we got thrown at us.

This isn't writing anymore. It's just lazy as none of these writers are fact-checking, nor are they respecting the previous work of the writers before them, as well as disrespecting the long time fans of the story who have been waiting for years for the climax of all these plots the nu-devs have utterly demolished. I mean, N'zoth's story has been ten years in the making. Yet Nyalotha is just a raid where N'zoth gets fucking Goku'd to death. Or, like some speculators have said, will get stored in a god damn blade and broken out of once Blizz runs out of ideas. It'll be 8.2 all over again. Where the only piece of writing is N'zoth gets broken out of prison again and gets his assbeat again in the patch immediately after. What a waste.

TLDR:
    What I'm trying to say here is Blizzard isn't only cutting corners, they're burning entire pages and shitting out things the mindless trend-riders are bound to eat up like candy. If this garbage is passable to you, you're the problem. But at least you can take pride in knowing you've helped shove the actual fanbase who's been here for over a decade out of Blizzard's attention.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-14 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    nu-males
    It always comes down to this with you guys lol. Next time just skip all the nonsense and start yelling about SJWs and christie golden so we can figure out what kind of post this is right away.

Just btw Warcraft's story has always been terrible, I donno what game you've been playing for 20 years.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-14 at 06:25 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    It always comes down to this with you guys lol. Next time just skip all the nonsense and start yelling about SJWs and christie golden so we can figure out what kind of post this is right away.
    I like Golden. I don't blame her for the writing. She's given a roadmap. A terrible one to be exact.

You didn't like some words I used? Go back to your safe space on Twitter. You won't find those words there.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-01-14 at 06:28 PM.

You didn't like some words I used? Go back to your safe space on Twitter. You won't find those words there.
    You can use whatever edgelord words you want, it just shows everybody else people should disregard your post because it just comes down to 4chan levels of whining about 'nu-males' and this 6th grader-like idea of masculinity.

Your post has been made a hundred times over, especially on this forum. Next time try something a bit more original like complaining about Human Potential.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2020-01-14 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    You can use whatever edgelord words you want, it just shows everybody else people should disregard your post because it just comes down to 4chan levels of whining about 'nu-males' lol
    Why are you personally attacked by this? This is about what has been plagueing Blizzard's writing and the mindless consumers that are millennials. Blizz is targeting people like you and are churning out lowbrow garbage to take advantage of you. It's sad.

Low energy trolling 0/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Low energy trolling 0/10.
    Yeah I realized it after seeing their second post.

My bad for enabling it. Too early for my brain to recognize 13 year old levels of trolling.

Gotta love it when no-name basement dwelling plebs think they're experts on writing and story-telling.
    Hope you choke on your caviar.

You can't have an mmo where one of the sides of your player base loses. Unless you have major time skips like decades how would you explain how they became powerful enough to fight the other faction again? The story would devolve into just win trading as no one would want to be the loser multiple expansions in a row if at all.

No, I disagree. While I despise Sylvanas and can't wait for her to die, I am interested to see what the future holds in Shadowlands and how that could tie into the grander cosmic plot and the upcoming Light and Void expansion. I also have characters I care a lot about who keep me interested in the story to see how they are developed.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Writing has been weird at least since tBC. This isn't something new. And you keep paying for WoW.

Nah mate, he's right. Hard to take an opinion seriously when you word it like that. It's as if a Social Justice Warrior triggered you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We already have a few of these threads, both here and in General Discussions. We scarcely need another. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead