Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    According to GameSpot, the demo won't be released until March 3rd, which is when the actual game comes out.
    GameSpot backtracked and said they don't know when the demo releases. Their editor just made assumptions. This is good news.

https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/1...35828030803968

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-01-14 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    That makes me wonder, is progress going to carry over between the games? Is it going to have Mass Effect style save transfers that carry over choices and equipment? That could lead to a truely epic final boss battle, where you don't have just one but THREE OR MORE games worth of grinding and gear when you face off against Sephiroth. When you are swinging for 9,999 before you even leave Midgar, just imagine what the Northern Crater will offer us.
    Probably, though I suspect the FF7R installments will be more like huge DLC chunks and not stand alone like the Mass Effect games. Meaning, you HAVE to play the first FF7R before subsequent releases, whereas with Mass Effect you can jump right into #3 without playing the previous 2 if you want.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Eh, I take that as a good sign. Better than releasing with broken shit.

Not that it matters to me anyway, I won't play until it's out on PC.

Delayed to Good Friday.... I feel bad for all of those who ordered a hard copy (myself included) can only hope they send copies out on Wednesday/Thursday

Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...that sucks. I suppose it's only another month and some change, but that's a shame. Probably means the demo will get pushed back too (assuming they have decided to release it before the game, which they should)

Damn i was hoping they would release games like EA/Blizzard that are rushed, awful & unfinished.

Before people say blizzard games are always polished, what the fuck is WoD & BfA?

lmfao P5R, RE3, FF7R and Cyberpunk all releasing within like a 2 week span. Why do video game publishers always do this shit. Obviously different companies but they do have to realize some is going to eat into other sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Damn i was hoping they would release games like EA/Blizzard that are rushed, awful & unfinished.

Before people say blizzard games are always polished, what the fuck is WoD & BfA?
    Blizzard games are polished by western AAA standards which isn't saying much.

They can take as long as they want. Just make it gud plox

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They can take as long as they want. Just make it gud plox
    If the game wasn't good on March 3rd it won't be good on April 10th. That's a delay that happens because QA found a bunch of bugs you want to fix, which is good but also not going to drastically alter the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If the game wasn't good on March 3rd it won't be good on April 10th. That's a delay that happens because QA found a bunch of bugs you want to fix, which is good but also not going to drastically alter the game.
    Can't change any artwork or anything big but sometimes small changes to UI or reward/difficulty modifier % can make a big difference.

I prefer they delay it than just throwing out whatever.

Ff15 could have used another 6 months in the oven

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So now they're releasing less than a week before Cyberpunk? Jesus.

Can't change any artwork or anything big but sometimes small changes to UI or reward/difficulty modifier % can make a big difference.

I prefer they delay it than just throwing out whatever.

Ff15 could have used another 6 months in the oven
    FF15 got a delay from Sep to December and it didn't help it much, basically proving my point lol. If this game wasn't good already it's not gonna be good after a 1 month delay, just slightly more polished so you better hope it was already good in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Delayed loooollloool ;_;
    To the surprise of no one.

But, now we have to ask the real question: Will the demo still be coming out on March 3rd? Personally, I doubt it. However, a lot of people seem it think it will.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So now they're releasing less than a week before Cyberpunk? Jesus.
    2 weeks after Doom eternal and 1 week after resident evil 3. My wallet is going to be so freaking empty...

I'm planning to buy it, even though there's some things things I find worrisome.

Worries:
    -$60 for the first episode, so will it cost $180 by the end?
    -Major changes to the story, although modern Square's writing isn't bad.
    -Petite Tifa, more because she was iconic, and it's a sign other things might be changed, rather than her 3 polygon 1997 tits were that important.

Good?:
    -I like that they delayed it for a month rather than releasing the half baked "beta" version like EA would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm planning to buy it, even though there's some things things I find worrisome.

Worries:
    -$60 for the first episode, so will it cost $180 by the end?
    -Major changes to the story, although modern Square's writing isn't bad.
    -Petite Tifa, more because she was iconic, and it's a sign other things might be changed, rather than her 3 polygon 1997 tits were that important.

Good?:
    -I like that they delayed it for a month rather than releasing the half baked "beta" version like EA would have.
    I don't remember there being anything saying the game will be in 3 installments. It could be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I don't remember there being anything saying the game will be in 3 installments. It could be more.
    Not confirmed but 3 is a pretty safe bet. Hell I would say 2 is more likely then 4 since they have to make the world map equivalent for part 2 and that is most of the work for the other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not confirmed but 3 is a pretty safe bet. Hell I would say 2 is more likely then 4 since they have to make the world map equivalent for part 2 and that is most of the work for the other parts.
    Nek minnit there is no world map and the 2nd game is cosmo canyon and temple of ancients only

Nek minnit there is no world map and the 2nd game is cosmo canyon and temple of ancients only
    World map equivalent definitely not not world map. It definitely won't be like in the original, but there will likely be some large open area that connects to each area. Just like how they basically made a quasi open world midgar. Unlike midgar, these places aren't large areas that they can just expand and now allow you to explore so have to make something.