Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Yeah, you can see the maps move around within the region as you socket more orbs and more maps appear.
    This does make it incredibly annoying if you get a map that only appears with let's say 3 orbs, but you only have 2 orbs there, you can't search for it on the atlas and the same goes for Pantheon. -.-
    It's just a bunch of minor annoyances that pile up and you're like.... they could have thought this through better lol.

I had no idea each class had their own skill tree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Another annoyance is, now that I have gotten my 20 stones and pulled sirus, i have to remove EVERY stone to figure out what areas i'm still missing stones in.... it's annoying, they could have done that one a lot better too.

All they needed to do was leave the ones you did as completed or whatever until you got them all, but nope... they ALL say "4 stones to spawn conqueror"
    If you hover over the storage on the left it not only tells you how many stones you need socketed to spawn a conqueror but also tells you what stones you have already obtained (or it used to a couple of weeks ago when I last played).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Yeah, you can see the maps move around within the region as you socket more orbs and more maps appear.
    This does make it incredibly annoying if you get a map that only appears with let's say 3 orbs, but you only have 2 orbs there, you can't search for it on the atlas and the same goes for Pantheon. -.-
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out my bloody pantheon and spent some time last night...couldn't find the ones I wanted and I don't want to bloody spend half an hour socketing and unsocketing things from every region to hope I find the map I need, then then I hope I have it at the right tier. Super obnoxious, especially since I need poison immunity from it for my build : /

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If you hover over the storage on the left it not only tells you how many stones you need socketed to spawn a conqueror but also tells you what stones you have already obtained (or it used to a couple of weeks ago when I last played).
    After you pull sirus the first time that goes away and all 4 will just say "4 watch stones required to spawn conqueror" or something along those lines.

After you pull sirus the first time that goes away and all 4 will just say "4 watch stones required to spawn conqueror" or something along those lines.
    It should still tell you if you have the stones "obtained" or not next to that sentence.

But its all these little things that keep popping up that reinforce why they need to do a big update in terms of clarifying map information and better onboarding players to the new atlas. Far too much confusion across a ton of elements for it that leaves players confused and looking for answers elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It should still tell you if you have the stones "obtained" or not next to that sentence.

But its all these little things that keep popping up that reinforce why they need to do a big update in terms of clarifying map information and better onboarding players to the new atlas. Far too much confusion across a ton of elements for it that leaves players confused and looking for answers elsewhere.
    yea, it doesn't which sucks, it's an easy fix but another minor annoyance piled onto a bunch of minor annoyances. But even pennies eventually can make a fortune.

yea, it doesn't which sucks, it's an easy fix but another minor annoyance piled onto a bunch of minor annoyances. But even pennies eventually can make a fortune.
    Is it the hideout bug/does that still exist? I'll need to double check mine, but I think it still shows which zones I still need to get stones from. Still shows the Siris "need 4 to spawn" in all regions, but at least it still shows where I need to focus on (even if I'm not remotely looking forward to that grind -_-)

Is it the hideout bug/does that still exist? I'll need to double check mine, but I think it still shows which zones I still need to get stones from. Still shows the Siris "need 4 to spawn" in all regions, but at least it still shows where I need to focus on (even if I'm not remotely looking forward to that grind -_-)
    Well shit, haven't played in a few days and it's working now, guess i'll take that complaint back :P

Well shit, haven't played in a few days and it's working now, guess i'll take that complaint back :P
    Yeah, the first big patch fixed a bunch of stuff that was broken for the first month+

I'm sure it's in large part due to me now playing a memer reflect build that's on-meta, but god damn is it a ton easier compared to my spectral throw raider. Even when I was a full 10 levels below (and didn't have my last to ascendency points) and with around 1K HP less, I was both tankier and dealing around the same/more damage as my raider. And I don't even have all my bloody gems maxed out or anything. Wondering how much of that is playing a meta build vs. updates to meta bosses etc. (since they rarely do much to me if it's not chaos damage).

Oh well, got a solid AF watcher's eye for the build last night. Increased phys damage while Pride is active and blind immunity on Precision for like 3ex. Which amuses me, because that was literally the only watchers eye with the Pride mod that had a secondary mod that was useful for me, and was on the much cheaper end. Still got quite a few big upgrades (abyss belt, two-tone boots, better bloody ring and a better chest) so there's plenty of room to grow, and can get at least 7 more levels which will give me a good chunk of life as those are most of my remaining nodes.

Now I'm just toying around with the idea of swapping from a facebreaker build to something else if I get a good 1H sword. Doubt I can get anything that would individually make up for my facebreakers, but if I can fill out the other pieces (solid spiked gloves, rare necklace with flat damage on it I can anoint) that'll free up a ton of resistances elsewhere and let me get a much better shaper ring. Needing to use Rigwalds curse for the build is kinda frustrating since it kills your amulet (need the 7% flat crit since you have 0% base while unarmed, and can't make up enough flat crit on chest/other items) for stats and means you can't get a sick anointed passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any good videos out there explaining the new map process?

I quit at 85 because its one of the worse designs the game has ever seen. There is no way to just figure it out.

I've watched three or four videos from people who "think" they know how it works, but all the videos are different. I just said screw it, Ill come back later after doing 50+ maps and getting absolutely no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Are there any good videos out there explaining the new map process?

I quit at 85 because its one of the worse designs the game has ever seen. There is no way to just figure it out.

I've watched three or four videos from people who "think" they know how it works, but all the videos are different. I just said screw it, Ill come back later after doing 50+ maps and getting absolutely no where.
    I'm sure there are, but none that I know of. What was holding you up when you last played, specifically?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The new map system seems pretty strait forward to me. Clear until you find the stone stands then till the conqouers spawn then upgrade maps with the watchstones and continue till you have them all.

Unless I’m missing something as I haven’t looked any thing up about them it seems rather straight forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there are, but none that I know of. What was holding you up when you last played, specifically?
    Im just confused about how I can get past yellow maps, I cant seem to do it for some reason.

01) You get one of those colored stones from beating boss, so I put the stone in the map, and the maps turn to yellow maps in that quadrant.
    02) Adding more stones to the map thing makes the level map range quadrant increase.
    03) Map paths that are connected to maps you have not yet done, are the way to get those maps to drop. But I cant get anything to drop outside of the quadrant.
    04) So . . . now I'm lost.

I thought, and I could be wrong, that maps will drop as long as there is a line going from the map you are currently doing, to the maps that are connected to said map on the atlas.

Is that even right anymore? I dont think it is.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-01-14 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The new map system seems pretty strait forward to me. Clear until you find the stone stands then till the conqouers spawn then upgrade maps with the watchstones and continue till you have them all.

Unless I’m missing something as I haven’t looked any thing up about them it seems rather straight forward.
    You'd think so, but we've seen confusion from folks since the start of the league that persists today. It's not really that intuitive at all, IMO.

Like, there's little indication that you need to actively rotate stone around or how to best do that, for example. Additionally, if you have all your stones in, you'll often run into things like T3 map rooms or other map-related mechanics that just...don't drop maps at all. Why? Because it couldn't drop a map that was the right tier for how the map was set up, so it drops nothing at all.

Plus, there being no clear indication that after a certain point you'll stop getting guaranteed conquerer spawns etc.

There's just so much that's not explained well, or at all, and IMO puts too much responsibility on the player to "figure it out". As I've said, I'm fine with that for more advanced mechanics and whatnot, but not for core functionality like what they've done with the new atlas.

- - - Updated - - -

01) You get one of those colored stones from beating boss, so I put the stone in the map, and the maps turn to yellow maps in that quadrant.
    Yep, that'll upgrade the maps in that region. You'll still need to get them to drop at that appropriate tier to make progress, you can't run lower tier ones (well, supposedly you still can to finishing spawning a conquerer after you've gotten the initial spawn with a map of the correct tier), so that means you still need to sorta do the normal map tier progression in addition to the regional specific stuff.

02) Adding more stones to the map thing makes the level map range quadrant increase.
    Yep, it's also a condition to spawn new conquerers. You'll notice when you map over the boxes on the left side of the screen that they'll correspond with their respective regions, letting you know how many stones you've unlocked and what the conditions are for unlocking the next stone in that region (2/3/4 watchstones required to spawn).

03) Map paths that are connected to maps you have not yet done, are the way to get those maps to drop. But I cant get anything to drop outside of the quadrant.
    IIRC you have a higher chance to get connected maps, but you don't need to run connected maps to get the drops.

I thought, and I Could be wrong, that maps will drop as long as there is a line going from the map you are currently doing, to the maps that are connected to said map on the atlas.
    See above: IIRC it's always been that they're more likely to drop, but you can still get maps of the appropriate tier from anywhere on the atlas.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You'd think so, but we've seen confusion from folks since the start of the league that persists today. It's not really that intuitive at all, IMO.

Like, there's little indication that you need to actively rotate stone around or how to best do that, for example. Additionally, if you have all your stones in, you'll often run into things like T3 map rooms or other map-related mechanics that just...don't drop maps at all. Why? Because it couldn't drop a map that was the right tier for how the map was set up, so it drops nothing at all.

Plus, there being no clear indication that after a certain point you'll stop getting guaranteed conquerer spawns etc.

There's just so much that's not explained well, or at all, and IMO puts too much responsibility on the player to "figure it out". As I've said, I'm fine with that for more advanced mechanics and whatnot, but not for core functionality like what they've done with the new atlas.
    I haven’t gotten to Sirius (have 13 stones)yet so I can’t say I know every thing about it But after getting a few I noticed that it said you need X stones to spawn a boss so rotating stones seemed really clear and at the moment I have 4 areas with 3 stones so I’ve got a lot of red maps and have four bosses who can spawn while I clear them.

I’m sure it will be more of a pain once I’m done to one or two areas left or once or Mabye when I start upping my awakener levels as I only briefly glanced over it.

I’ve had a far easier time getting maps and progressing then I ever did with shaper or elder though I do miss the influences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info Edge. One more question.

Why are there only like 4 T7 maps, but like 20 T4s?

Will I get more T7 map options when i add stones to the atlas or will there always only be 4 T7 maps?

Thanks for the info Edge. One more question.

Why are there only like 4 T7 maps, but like 20 T4s?

Will I get more T7 map options when i add stones to the atlas or will there always only be 4 T7 maps?
    That's likely a result of how you've upgraded your atlas. As you bump up more regions to T7 and get more maps at that tier you'll see those tabs fill out more and more.

If found that I seem to progress less slowly through the atlas than before, usually feels like I'm scrounging for maps and am lucky to get replacements of the same tier, much less higher tier maps so I can actually continue working on progressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's likely a result of how you've upgraded your atlas. As you bump up more regions to T7 and get more maps at that tier you'll see those tabs fill out more and more.

If found that I seem to progress less slowly through the atlas than before, usually feels like I'm scrounging for maps and am lucky to get replacements of the same tier, much less higher tier maps so I can actually continue working on progressing.
    Wait, so does that mean I need to put a stone in each quadrant, and remove all the T1s through T5s?

So, if I turn all the white maps to yellow maps, will I still get white map drops, or actually do/enter white maps?? They aren't connected anymore or (exists == null) if were being technical. . .

Shits confusing. Maybe I'm over complicating it in my mind. . . .
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-01-14 at 10:11 PM.

Wait, so does that mean I need to put a stone in each quadrant, and remove all the T1s through T5s?

So, if I turn all the white maps to yellow maps, will I still get white map drops, or actually do/enter white maps?? They aren't connected anymore or (exists == null) if were being technical. . .
    I believe so, yes.

In your atlas, if you upgrade them all to T6+ then you can't get white maps to drop from what I know. That may mean you miss out on maps though, as maps that aren't available in your atlas cannot drop, and map drops are based off your current atlas-status.

But you'll need to be rotating them around/keeping regions with 0-3 socketed even as you're pushing for your 4-watchstone spawns, as the map can't really be cleanly upgraded so that you go "spawn all once with 0 stones, spawn all once with 1 stone, etc."

I think you may be overthinking this, and I did too at the start. I'm now treating it more as normal atlas progression...just with the annoyance of needing to focus on specific regions/rotate stones periodically.