Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    These people wouldnt know the meaning of subjectivity if it hit them over the head. Hyperbole and utter convictions that them disliking it must mean it is literally shit is all they go by.
    Ok but 8.3 has objectively less content compared to 7.3.

Do I need to reiterate?

-2 reused world zones with raid assets sprinked about
    -4 raid armor sets, 4 heritage armor sets, boa set alt catchup gear is literally the same look as the lfr ny'alotha set
    -withered training scenario redux
    -mop cloak 2.0
    -bunch of recolors of old mounts or mount models from launch
    -no patch trailer for a boss years in the making
    -2 allied races that were pretty much developed before by 8.2's release

You're allowed to like it. That's subjective, but you can't sell lies about how it's stuffed to the brim with content and people just don't know what they're talking about.

While trailer or no trailer isn't a deal breaker, I personally just find it strange that they didn't want to put one out given that trailers are one of the strongest marketing tools to utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    garrisons were also butchered.
    That's true, but by that metric, I could also add that Tanaan was meant to be a level 100 zone at launch and that Karabor and Bladespire were meant to be capital cities, but I'm talking about patch content mainly, not scrapped or changed launch content.

- - - Updated - - -

It is making a bad point and presents a weak argument.

Really not surprising that certain people love it so... Which makes me realize that I have better things to do than giving the usual suspects a reason to continue posting their same insipid talking points over and over...

/Peace.
    It doesn't really. You're just being a pedant who's scared to engage with the core point of it and have to nitpick "ugh are you calling the game literal shit that's so dumb obviously it isn't literally shit, look at it, one is a game and the other is fecal matter xddd"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ok but 8.3 has objectively less content compared to 7.3.

Do I need to reiterate?

-2 reused world zones with raid assets sprinked about
    -4 raid armor sets, 4 heritage armor sets, boa set alt catchup gear is literally the same look as the lfr ny'alotha set
    -withered training scenario redux
    -mop cloak 2.0
    -bunch of recolors of old mounts or mount models from launch
    -no patch trailer for a boss years in the making
    -2 allied races that were pretty much developed before by 8.2's release

You're allowed to like it. That's subjective, but you can't sell lies about how it's stuffed to the brim with content and people just don't know what they're talking about.
    yes no one ever will say 8.3 has more content then 7.3

but i didnt know every single patch ever needed to have MORE content then the last
    cause if that was true then

8.3 we have 27 new zones, 500 hours of questing, and 98 new raids!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Honestly I am fine if there is no trailer. BfA was objectively the most cinematic-focused expansion ever, especially with the whole Saurfang's Mak'gora CGi series. I don't mind if the cinematic team takes a break (there will still be a cinematic after N'Zoth's fall btw).
    Ah yes. I'm so glad we got several film-level cinematics of Saurfang being sad but they couldn't throw out a simple trailer for a patch that deals with an enemy that has been built up and foreshadowed since Cataclysm, something that even Dragon Soul managed to do. (albeit poorly, but it did do it.)

This but unironically. If you're gonna offer nothing but bullshit excuses and pretend that that's in the player's interest, I'm gonna laugh at it.
    i mean that is what you do unironically then well you have sorta given up, and you have proven that atleast 20 posts ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave it to FelPlague to pick a concise two panel comic that is meant to illustrate a point without taking every little tiny bit of nuance in mind apart and then thinking that's a good argument.
    Funny, you are the one who posted it, not me.
    you cant post a shitty comic then get mad when people pick it apart.
    if you donjt want people picking apart your shitty opinions, dont post em, especially in strawman comic forms.
    you are literally those people who post this.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes no one ever will say 8.3 has more content then 7.3

but i didnt know every single patch ever needed to have MORE content then the last
    cause if that was true then

We're not talking "oh it has two armor sets fewer than 7.3." We're talking it's actually a lot less substantial than 7.3 was. An end of expansion content patch should be a finale, a celebration, not a whimper.

It shouldn't feel like we're getting development leftovers during the final content patch of an expansion.

Well Akshually 8.2 had 99 new raids so blizz has obviously given up on wow.

BfA has had a full patch cycle no matter how you spin it.
    If 8.2 had been the final patch and 8.3 scrapped, your hyperbole would hold water.
    It did have patches yes. It brought two additional raids with patches. Nazjatar was horrible and 8.3 is even worse.

As I've said, they've given up on BFA. That's why we're not even getting a trailer. They are very good with trailers and usually put quite some effort into them, telling a short story with voice acting. They didn't do this for a patch with N'yalotha and N'zoth. Let that sink in for a second.

N'zoth is irrelevant to the story at this point. He's just an afterthought. The story of BFA was terrible and they can't even be bothered to do a trailer for N'zoth.

i mean that is what you do unironically then well you have sorta given up, and you have proven that atleast 20 posts ago.
    "N-no u!"

if you donjt want people picking apart your shitty opinions, dont post em, especially in strawman comic forms.
    I'm not mad you're picking it apart. I'm laughing because instead of engaging with the core point, you're just being pedantic and focusing on stuff to pick apart so as to excuse yourself from, again, engaging with what it has to say. I might be more shocked or "riled up" by it if it wasn't exactly what I expected from you to begin with, Fel.

We're not talking "oh it has two armor sets fewer than 7.3." We're talking it's actually a lot less substantial than 7.3 was. An end of expansion content patch should be a finale, a celebration, not a whimper.

It shouldn't feel like we're getting development leftovers during the final content patch of an expansion.
    That is not how it works.
    if so then lets compare 7.2 to 8.2
    oh BFA had double the zones, way more quests, far less timegating with no 12 week waiting bullshit. a far better raid, a far better dungeon, and way more content.

oh look, again, each expansion has different cycles, some are front loaded, some end loaded, some spread out, some clumped, expasions do not need to be a horrid cookie cutter of eachother...

8.3 is filled with lots of content, not as much as 7.3, but still a fair bit.

oh BFA had double the zones, way more quests, far less timegating with no 12 week waiting bullshit. a far better raid, a far better dungeon, and way more content.

oh look, again, each expansion has different cycles, some are front loaded, some end loaded, some spread out, some clumped, expasions do not need to be a horrid cookie cutter of eachother...

No, you're just plain wrong because an expansion is meant to tell a story. If you front-load the story to the point that the back-end is a wet fart, you fail at presenting a story, and thus an expansion, in a competent way. Especially when the creature being tackled is built up the way it is.

If you want to argue that Blizzard shouldn't try to structure a story, then be my guest. But for as long as they do, it's imperative that they give a climax to a story its due. You wouldn't enjoy a book that builds up to a finale, only to then be resolved unceremoniously in a page. No halfway decent writer or even reader would ever agree to that.

Also, Karazhan is at least as good as Mechagon, so I'm not sure what your dungeon remark is about.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-14 at 08:09 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont bother.
    Anything short of agreeing with him/her, that poster will label as "nitpicking instead of arguing the points made". The ignore list is a blessing when it comes to the crowd that simply cannot reason and present their opinions without hyperbole and buzzwords like "fanboy".

In the end, it seems Blizz will get the money with or without a trailer. I will reserve judgement of the patch until I have played through it for a while.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-14 at 08:19 PM.

Both 7.2 and 8.2 had some nice things, but ultimately both also had a lot of shite. Yeah 8.2 had two zones, but Mechagon barely had any actual content, was just sandbox illusion of content and Nazjatar was a shite zone. Broken Shore was awful as well and the quests were an insult, but it had class quests, which if you take all class quests together beat 8.2 very easily. Tomb of Sargeras was fine, so was the dungeon. Mechagon was good, but the exterior was lazy, it was just the island rehashed, and the actual inside of Mechagon was very small.

Dont bother.
    Anything short of agreeing with him/her, that poster will label as "nitpicking instead of arguing the points made".
    Weren't you going to go away? B)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Man View Post
    Both 7.2 and 8.2 had some nice things, but ultimately both also had a lot of shite. Yeah 8.2 had two zones, but Mechagon barely had any actual content, was just sandbox illusion of content and Nazjatar was a shite zone. Broken Shore was awful as well and the quests were an insult, but it had class quests, which if you take all class quests together beat 8.2 very easily. Tomb of Sargeras was fine, so was the dungeon. Mechagon was good, but the exterior was lazy, it was just the island rehashed, and the actual inside of Mechagon was very small.
    Well, to be fair to Fel, Broken Shore couldn't hope to compete with Nazjatar and Mechagon, even if neither of them are the pinnacle of game design. They still offer something new, aesthetically and narratively, while Broken Shore was mostly just "have more fel rock" and most people just wanted to get through it for their class mount and flying.

Reel in the drama, see my posts to the other poster.

It is rather funny to see people taking the right to brand fans as this or that proclaim that a person disagreeing with then does not have that right...

How about nah. I have the same rights as the rest, be I critical or when I wont mindlessly agree with the negativity squad.
    What's the point? If you have nothing better to add to the discussion then it's better to not waste other people time. I'm seriously, every post you've written in this thread is "lol, then don't play the game".

But yeah, fanboys are gonna be fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Can't wait to not see you in game. Skip shadowlands while you are at it.
    Can't wait to not see you on my level kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    While trailer or no trailer isn't a deal breaker, I personally just find it strange that they didn't want to put one out given that trailers are one of the strongest marketing tools to utilize.
    That's the point of this thread, but it seems some people are too stubborn(or just slow) to understand that.

The "Trailer" would just be some intro cutscene like they have been since 7.2.

Frankly, I can't wait to see the posters defending 8.3 now throw it under the bus when a future Shadowlands patch comes under fire for whatever reason.

"Patch x is kind of lacking in content."
    "Hah, you foolish Blizzard-hating cretin who is obsessed with the game! Don't you remember 8.3!?"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why? Every big patch had it since like... TBC(?).

Some were superb, some were weak(DS) but we got them.

Why we don't have any Visions of N'Zoth trailer? They were one of the things that made people hyped for the new content.
    They had one but it was just hentai so it got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They had one but it was just hentai so it got cut.
    Now see, this is an excuse to cut it.

Ion, give us the link to the trailer on sadpanda.