Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Maybe people shouldn't be using flasks on content where it takes 30 seconds to kill the bosses and perhaps then there would be enough flasks for the stuff that it actually matters on.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Listen to this person, it's not everyday a brain walks into a thread.

I couldn't help but laugh, remembering every time I see people pop flasks and pots for a fucking Strat run, and it's the same on retail, flasking for a +8, what the fuck mate. So elite, so pro-gamer, much impress, maxium important.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    There's a solution for this:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Classic-realm

Sadly, my ideas are too advanced for this forum to be explored.
    As the (now ex) moderator said at the time (3 years ago) "Don't create pointless threads."

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yeah, talking about not having played in vanilla.
    You used the restorative potion to dispell the undispellable noxious poison on Huhuran, or to be instantly dispelled from the wyvern sting to be quickly gibbed by the 3k damage? No wonder why you need stamina flasks.
    Two resto ruids roll the hots on 10 wyverns, priests have use a downranked shield, the 10 wyverns are players with high NR...now dispel. Can't dispel wyvern during the bezerk, but it's easily dispeled and healed through with downranked rejuvs, shields and renews for the first 70% of the fight.

And yes, Stam flask is preferred to Chrom Flask here (resist flask) for this very purpose so dps has near 100% uptime. Would it upset you too that we did with a 31/20 fury prot tank with very little NR?
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-14 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post

I couldn't help but laugh, remembering every time I see people pop flasks and pots for a fucking Strat run, and it's the same on retail, flasking for a +8, what the fuck mate. So elite, so pro-gamer, much impress, maxium important.
    i dont see any brains here, just a couple shitters who are jealous of min/maxers having fun competing with each other.

God forbid a player wants to maximize their own performance? What a fucking nerd!

Its really not the same on retail where supply and demand is COMPLETELY different. Flasks are candy, and retail is a candy shop. If someone wants to flask for a +0, who cares? People flask in LFR all the time. This might blow your mind, but when going for a jog, sometimes i try to beat my previous time, even though there is no competition and i dont need to run fast to complete my jog.

Most of my shitty alts on retail have 200+ flasks just sitting there. You seem to grossly misunderstand the topic at hand. If everyone stopped flasking, the demand would crash, and people would stop farming as the profit would be gone. The handful of 'hardcore' guilds / players who are actively farming and building a stockpile for harder content would continue to do so, and that would not change.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    As the (now ex) moderator said at the time (3 years ago) "Don't create pointless threads."
    See? Too advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Two resto ruids roll the hots on 10 wyverns, priests have use a downranked shield, the 10 wyverns are players with high NR...now dispel. Can't dispel wyvern during the bezerk, but it's easily dispeled and healed through with downranked rejuvs, shields and renews for the first 70% of the fight.

And yes, Stam flask is preferred to Chrom Flask here (resist flask) for this very purpose so dps has near 100% uptime. Would it upset you too that we did with a 31/20 fury prot tank with very little NR?
    WHOA! a sneaky backtrack disguised as confirmation, this should be good! Why must you fight with each other over who played vanilla the hardest? Maybe you used different strats? Maybe neither of you played at all and simply drawing from your experience on PS, or, just googled the fight real quick and ended up on different forums / websites / guides. Who knows?

- - - Updated - - -

See? Too advanced.
    Or just a terrible idea that no one supports - or is that idea too advanced for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    You absolutely don't need flasks in anything but Naxx. Even in vanilla we only ever used flasks on our two tanks in BWL and AQ as a safety measure.

I cant speak for Sapphiron or Kel'thuzad in vanilla because I didn't do them when they were relevant, but my guild literally just flaksed tanks and the casters would use supreme power when we got to the 'hard' bosses, like Loatheb.

Maybe you need titans on your entire raid for the last two bosses, but I doubt it. My guild cleared everything in Naxx 15 years ago with lots of retards sans the last 3 bosses (4HM certainly didn't need flasks on everybody). My guild also didn't cheese world buffs to get all those kills either.

Simply don't flask shit and there's no real DPS check aside from maybe Loatheb, Sapphiron and KT.
    It's Loatheb, Patchwerk and KT.

Sapphiron is a survival fight with a frost tick. At best it's the 4th highest dps check, adjusted for players wearing Frost R gear.

Vanilla Black Lotus supply doesn't meet Classic demand on modern "medium" and "high" pop servers.

Hopefully Blizzard will implement the Pserver fix with 50+ BL spawn locations and decreased respawn times.
    Welcome to what the game used to be, figure it out there chief.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by easycheese View Post
    i dont see any brains here, just a couple shitters who are jealous of min/maxers having fun competing with each other.
    God forbid a player wants to maximize their own performance? What a fucking nerd!
    Still haven't seen one of them flask popper beat me and I'm not that hard to beat. Go min/max your priorities instead of incorrectly thinking you should flask for shit content and being offended when someone points out that fact to you.

Still haven't seen one of them flask popper beat me and I'm not that hard to beat. Go min/max your priorities instead of incorrectly thinking you should flask for shit content and being offended when someone points out that fact to you.
    i dont care if your guild sucks.

3+ Year Old Account
    Its really not the same on retail where supply and demand is COMPLETELY different. Flasks are candy, and retail is a candy shop. If someone wants to flask for a +0, who cares? People flask in LFR all the time. This might blow your mind, but when going for a jog, sometimes i try to beat my previous time, even though there is no competition and i dont need to run fast to complete my jog.

Most of my shitty alts on retail have 200+ flasks just sitting there. You seem to grossly misunderstand the topic at hand. If everyone stopped flasking, the demand would crash, and people would stop farming as the profit would be gone. The handful of 'hardcore' guilds / players who are actively farming and building a stockpile for harder content would continue to do so, and that would not change.
    What I meant by "the same in retail" was about the uselessness of flasking for obsolete content. I know it's not the same economical situation at all. The point of my post was to support the idea of the guy I quoted, basically saying "stop flasking for easy content", my post was not to make a straight up comparison between classic and retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    What? I raided AQ40 in Vanilla as dps and we didnt use titans to survive. Get better healers
    It's the other way around.

The melee take the least NR possible to maximize dps (and use a stam flask) and you bring good healers, allowing you to burn the boss nearly twice as fast.

Notice how most guilds are now taking down Rag before 1st submerge with 1.12 talents and itemization? That's because they aren't wearing FR gear. When the content get difficult in AQ40/Naxx, you can still forfeit most NR and Frost R gear by using a Stam flask, consumables and GOOD HEALERS and burn every boss in half the time.

Stam flasked melee + good heals can do AMAZING THINGS BRO (including an instant dispel on huhuran's wyvern sting pre-enrage)
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-14 at 08:48 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by easycheese View Post
    i dont care if your guild sucks.
    There was no mention of guild anywhere in this conversation. Nice stawman, you're still wrong.

I mean,you shouldn't ever use anything that requires a black lotus before Naxx,really.
    Well,maybe for that boss summon in ZG,but that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Welcome to what the game used to be, figure it out there chief.
    Not that I'm taking sides here, but one point really hasn't seemed to hit home for several folks.

The population of the Classic game now is several times higher than the population of actual Vanilla WoW...so it's not like what the game used to be. Resources that were limited in Vanilla are extremely limited in Classic because you have the same supply as Vanilla but several times more demand.

Players will either have to "deal with it" and figure out new strategies that don't use the severely limited resources, or something will need to be done by Blizzard to actually balance it out (with spawn rate increases or something" so that it actually IS the way it used to be in Classic as far as supply and demand goes.

This. God forbid I burn 1 major mana pot, 2 superiors and 6-10 greaters on a Strath Orb Farm run...you know...TO SPEED IT UP AND MAKE IT GOLD EFFICIENT!

I dont drink ONCE on my hpriest.

Is it bad I got enchants on my gear too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I mean,you shouldn't ever use anything that requires a black lotus before Naxx,really.
    Well,maybe for that boss summon in ZG,but that's about it
    There's a difference between:

"You do not NEED..."

"You should not..."

No. You dont NEED a flask for MC or BWL. But if 40 nerds wanna flask and burn Molten Snore in 30 minutes (or buff their alts since we're doing alt runs now), LET THEM!

I don't need to pop mana pots on Strath orb runs, but I do to make it faster!
    ---------------------------------

There's not enough SUPPLY to meet the DEMAND.

We want to flask...we have have the gold to buy a 150-200g flask...but there' snot enough flasks or lotus on the AH to make this possible...even though we all have the gold to buy it...

this is the problem.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-14 at 09:07 PM.

Or just a terrible idea that no one supports - or is that idea too advanced for you?
    Sorry dude, I can't hear you over the sound of my awesome idea being shut down by the oppressive anti-progressive patriarchy.

3+ Year Old Account
    This. God forbid I burn 1 major mana pot, 2 superiors and 6-10 greaters on a Strath Orb Farm run...you know...TO SPEED IT UP AND MAKE IT GOLD EFFICIENT!

I dont drink ONCE on my hpriest.

Is it bad I got enchants on my gear too?

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between:

"You do not NEED..."

"You should not..."

No. You dont NEED a flask for MC or BWL. But if 40 nerds wanna flask and burn Molten Snore in 30 minutes (or buff their alts since we're doing alt runs now), LET THEM!
    If you're making the run as efficient as possible it means you have mages in the group and they will inevitably need to drink because potions are never enough for their mana usage. That's where you drink as well. And no, bringing only classes that can keep going like rogues and warrior is not as efficient as exploding everything with mages, don't be silly.

No one is "not letting" players use what they want. There's a GIANT difference between a simple suggesting and calling the cops. But if flasking for stupid content creates an economical problem, then the first thing to do is stop flasking for nothing, it's not to make a forum thread to complain (in the void).
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2020-01-14 at 09:04 PM.