Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, to be fair to Fel, Broken Shore couldn't hope to compete with Nazjatar and Mechagon, even if neither of them are the pinnacle of game design. They still offer something new, aesthetically and narratively, while Broken Shore was mostly just "have more fel rock" and most people just wanted to get through it for their class mount and flying.
    As much as I hated Broken Shore, I honestly liked it better than Nazjatar. No contest. Mechagon was fun for like 2 days, then I realized there is no actual content.

With Sadfang dead and being told they can't make a 57th Jaina trailer, the trailer team isn't motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Man View Post
    As much as I hated Broken Shore, I honestly liked it better than Nazjatar. No contest. Mechagon was fun for like 2 days, then I realized there is no actual content.
    Really? Nazjatar is a pain in the ass to traverse, but it's at least aesthetically good looking. Not a fan of the contrived excuse to make it a non-aquatic zone, though.

Same for Mechagon, mechanically, I don't think Mechagon is all that good (holy mother of RNG, I still need that damn Triumph of Gnomeregan vinyl), but it offers an interesting aesthetic and some cool weapons and mounts to boot. Broken Shore felt more like a hurdle to flying and your class mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So?

A trailer wont make me enjoy a patch. We have had tons of them this expansion, doesn't change a thing.

You people are simply desperate for a reason to screech your 14-year old buzzwords at this point.
    Yeah, because it not changing a thing for you means it doesn't change a thing for anyone. Not that anyone in this thread said a word about trailers being what makes or breaks a patch. And please, given your need to spread your silencing of any and all criticism of whatever Blizzard does as if people wondering about them potentially dropping the trailers from their patch roster for the first time in 12 years was blasphemy you're in no position to talk about people being desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    New allied races won't also make me enjoy the patch. It's subjective.
    It may don't change a thing for you, but it would certainly build up hype more... maybe even bring more people online through the commercial effect of it.
    Silly you. The concept of subjectivity does not apply to WoW. @Queen of Hamsters is the sole authority of what can and cannot matter for people in regards to WoW. Since you seem to be new to this (despite this being practically WoW 101), if it puts WoW in bad light in even the most remote manner of course it does not matter.

Guess it is tough shit for the players unable to enjoy the game without trailers telling them to in any case.
    This straw-man you've got here is so massive it must have affected the prices of straw for the day across the entire world.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-01-14 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    With Sadfang dead and being told they can't make a 57th Jaina trailer, the trailer team isn't motivated.
    Thanks, I probably couldn't channel my cynicism and sarcasm hard enough to make a post that boils down my feelings as well as you just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But it seems that people must now consume everything and praise Blizzard for everything they've ever done, even if it's shitty content that no one would like to play, otherwise they're called toxic.
    This in turn is WoW 102.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    This in turn is WoW 102.
    A wise man once said:

Don't ask questions. Just consume product and then get excited for next products.

Ah yes. I'm so glad we got several film-level cinematics of Saurfang being sad but they couldn't throw out a simple trailer for a patch that deals with an enemy that has been built up and foreshadowed since Cataclysm, something that even Dragon Soul managed to do. (albeit poorly, but it did do it.)
    Like Saurfang or not, those cinematics are objectively well-made. If you can't respect the cinematic team for the amazing work they've done throughout BfA, you don't even deserve cinematics.

Also, no cinematic and a half-assed cinematic are the same thing. I don't care about a 8.3 cinematic if it's as forgettable and bad as the DS' trailer.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Really? Nazjatar is a pain in the ass to traverse, but it's at least aesthetically good looking.
    No most of it looks like an abortion. It was lazily rehashed from Azsuna assets.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for Mechagon, mechanically, I don't think Mechagon is all that good (holy mother of RNG, I still need that damn Triumph of Gnomeregan vinyl), but it offers an interesting aesthetic and some cool weapons and mounts to boot. Broken Shore felt more like a hurdle to flying and your class mount.
    I'm sorry but if your only argument is "at least they looked good". I'm sorry

1) That isn't enough
    2) They didn't even look good

Mechagon just used art assets from that junk pile in Tiragarde Sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Like Saurfang or not, those cinematics are objectively well-made. If you can't respect the cinematic team for the amazing work they've done throughout BfA, you don't even deserve cinematics.

Also, no cinematic and a half-assed cinematic are the same thing. I don't care about a 8.3 cinematic if it's as forgettable and bad as the DS' trailer.
    They are well made, but that doesn't make them good if the subject matter is trivial and overexposed. A cinematic is more than just the visuals.

And no, a trailer, even a bad one, at least indicates some semblance of investment.

- - - Updated - - -

No most of it looks like an abortion. It was lazily rehashed from Azsuna assets.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but if your only argument is "at least they looked good". I'm sorry

1) That isn't enough
    2) They didn't even look good

Mechagon just used art assets from that junk pile in Tiragarde Sound.
    ?????
    My argument isn't that Mechagon and Nazjatar are great, just that they looked better than Broken Shore did and offered more. I am not arguing that they were good, just better than something that was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, there has been a fair few without trailers, mostly ones that didnt introduce huge new raids.
    Not "mostly". Exclusively those. Every patch containing a raid since 2.3 had a trailer. And even some that did not.

WoD was not abandoned, it never had content planned past 6.2 as confirmed by a returning dev not long ago in an interview.

BfA has had a full patch cycle no matter how one might feel about what it offered over its lifetime.

So I stick with my point.
    But @Yarathir didn't say it was just abandoned. They said it was rushed and abandoned. The rushing part clearly conveys that Blizzard got to the end point as quickly as they could because, you know, words mean things. So you saying that Blizzard had no content planned for after the ending they rushed to doesn't change anything whatsoever in regards to what they said. At all. And it doesn't negate that WoD had a boatload of scrapped content which is what the part about abandonment actually referred to. Which was kinda the entire middle act of the expansion.

It is rather funny to see people taking the right to brand fans as this or that proclaim that a person disagreeing with then does not have that right...
    But @Eazy didn't say you have no right to label other people toxic. They said that your reasons for doing so are questionable at best, which, in turn, is precisely why they said you throwing that label around as if it were candy kinda backfires on you.

In the same vein, deliberately misrepresenting what someone has said to save face in light of their criticism of your argument backfires just as well.

How about nah. I have the same rights as the rest, be I critical or when I wont mindlessly agree with the negativity squad.
    Yeah, because you have to be mindless not to like there being no trailer and you have to be a part of a squad to do so. Only you, the enlightened (by Blizzard's light of course) free thinker can think for yourself without any clique telling you what to think. And look at all dem requests for you to be as mindless as everyone that disagrees with you (on how amazing Blizzard is). This thread is barely 200 posts long and you've joined like on the 8th page or so and there have already been at least 532466 such requests!

They are well made, but that doesn't make them good if the subject matter is trivial and overexposed.

And no, a trailer, even a bad one, at least indicates some semblance of investment.

- - - Updated - - -

?????
    My argument isn't that Mechagon and Nazjatar are great, just that they looked better than Broken Shore did and offered more. I am not arguing that they were good, just better than something that was worse.
    Okay, but it wasn't trivial since it was an important part of the main storyline of the expansion.

Your second argument can be summed up as "What's better? Having a turd or not having anything?".

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

These people wouldnt know the meaning of subjectivity if it hit them over the head. Hyperbole and utter convictions that them disliking it must mean it is literally shit is all they go by.
    Because you're such an expert Case in point the time when you were using a signature about how people were negatively comparing BfA to WoD in order to discredit people critical of BfA as wrong for months as if your subjective opinion that BfA is better than WoD was the objective truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Okay, but it wasn't trivial since it was an important part of the main storyline of the expansion.

Your second argument can be summed up as "What's better? Having a turd or not having anything?".
    Yes, we truly needed several HD cinematics to tell the story of various stages of Saurfang being sad. That time couldn't have been spent on anything better, at all. I'm glad you educated me, I guess.

And my second argument can only be summed up that way if you ignore the nuance of how things can come across beyond just the quality of what you offer. If they made a trailer, no matter if it's atrocious, it still means they put in the time to present a content patch and the finale of an expansion in a format that has been dedicated to content patches for most of WoW's history. The absence of this indicates to me that they don't consider all this material important enough to create a trailer for, something even some patches with far less weight have gotten.

Especially now when goalposts are shifting and lies are being spread about claims made. I havent experienced 8.3 yet so I naturally, as an adult, wont pass judgement on it being stuffed with worthwhile gamplay or not until I have.

/Peace.
    Says you after blatantly misrepresenting @Eazy's reply to you. Your moral high ground is astounding.

They are well made, but that doesn't make them good if the subject matter is trivial and overexposed. A cinematic is more than just the visuals.

- - - Updated - - -

?????
    No, you didn't say they looked better, you said they looked good.

They don't.

No, you didn't say they looked better, you said they looked good.

They don't.
    Subjective. Despite the fact that I think Nazjatar not being underwater is a cop out, I still think it looks as it should, and good. It's a Naga place with elven ruins and a bunch of undersea assets and creatures.

It definitely could've looked better. As I said, it should've been underwater to begin with, and probably a little more Old God influenced near where N'zoth was supposed to be imprisoned, but I don't hate it. Maybe that's just because it's overshadowed by my hatred for Nazjatar on a narrative level?

Yes, we truly needed several HD cinematics to tell the story of various stages of Saurfang being sad. That time couldn't have been spent on anything better, at all. I'm glad you educated me, I guess.

And my second argument can only be summed up that way if you ignore the nuance of how things can come across beyond just the quality of what you offer. If they made a trailer, no matter if it's atrocious, it still means they put in the time to present a content patch and the finale of an expansion in a format that has been dedicated to content patches for most of WoW's history. The absence of this indicates to me that they don't consider all this material important enough to create a trailer for, something even some patches with far less weight have gotten.
    Following your logic:

"Yes, we truly needed several CGI cinematics that just list the major features of a patch that we already know about, I am so glad that Blizzard finally got their prioties straight and stopped."

It's a multibillionaire company renowned for their quality cinematics. If they produce a turd as a cinematic, it's clear that they did not give a shit and just made the bare minimum so that people wouldn't complain.

If you produce something, produce something of quality. I am not intersted in an half-assed product made just to up the cinematic count.

Frankly, I can't wait to see the posters defending 8.3 now throw it under the bus when a future Shadowlands patch comes under fire for whatever reason.

"Patch x is kind of lacking in content."
    "Hah, you foolish Blizzard-hating cretin who is obsessed with the game! Don't you remember 8.3!?"
    Reminds me of someone in regards to WoD. Can't put my finger as to whom, exactly...

10+ Year Old Account

There it is.