It's pretty well established in the report that Mueller did not find that there was a Trump/Russia conspiracy.

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...rs-report-now/

So it leaves people to argue that Mueller did not not find conspiracy (c'mon, guys) or that people in Trump's orbit were receptive to Russian contacts, hoping the nefarious implications will carry the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So it leaves people to argue that Mueller did not not find conspiracy (c'mon, guys) or that people in Trump's orbit were receptive to Russian contacts, hoping the nefarious implications will carry the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    $32mm and 2.5 years of investigation and Mueller could find no evidence that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities. That's the facts...."idiot".

From the Mueller report:
    "Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."
    Receptive, yes. Coordinated conspiracy? No.

Literally, the Trump Tower meeting, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

But Edge, being receptive to foreign electoral interference and having several campaign leaders go to jail for such isn't at all indicative of corruption. Now excuse me while I go and circulate baseless FISA warrant conspiracy theories. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

GOP senators expect impeachment trial to go past State of the Union

The State of the Union address to be renamed; State of Trump's Mind address...

as if this guy can't get anymore racist
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    But Edge, being receptive to foreign electoral interference and having several campaign leaders go to jail for such isn't at all indicative of corruption. Now excuse me while I go and circulate baseless FISA warrant conspiracy theories. /s
    Nobody in the Trump campaign went to jail for election interference-related crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Boy is someone going to be unhinged on national TV.

... Must be a day ending in y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody in the Trump campaign went to jail for election interference-related crimes.
    I said "being receptive to foreign electoral interference", and people did go in fact go to jail for operating as unregistered foreign agents.

Don't get mad just because McCarthy's conspiracy theories about Benghazi and Hillary's emails didn't pan out while your guy clearly can't keep skirting legality on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

For Russian interference, no. For failing to register as foreign agents/campaign finance violations etc., yes.

But the point remains: The Trump campaign was very receptive to outside influence/help, and the Trump Tower meeting makes that painfully clear.

They just didn't rise to the level of conspiracy, in part because their own incompetence protected them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm wondering if my posts were invisible? I literally quoted the most damning parts about Trump and Russia in the Mueller report, several times, and I'm just getting ignored while he keeps ranting at other people to "show me the evidence!"
    You're assuming they're not just disingenuous sea lions, and actually care about facts and reality.

Pro-tip: Don't waste your time beyond occasionally poking them.

I'm wondering if my posts were invisible? I literally quoted the most damning parts about Trump and Russia in the Mueller report, several times, and I'm just getting ignored while he keeps ranting at other people to "show me the evidence!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're assuming they're not just disingenuous sea lions, and actually care about facts and reality.

Pro-tip: Don't waste your time beyond occasionally poking them.
    Rochana could literally be on ignore as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Also, the evidence seems to indicate that they were unwitting dupes who were misled by Russian agents. The goal of those agents was election interference, and the result of their involvement was election interference, but they couldn't tie that directly to intent on the part of the Trump campaign.

The Mueller Report argued that the evidence just indicated they were unethical, dishonest, manipulative morons, rather than unethical, dishonest, manipulative traitors. Small distinction, perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Rochana could literally be on ignore as well.
    Have you ever seen any of the Trump supporters on here actually answer questions and/or address facts?

I'll give you 2 tries for this yes/no question.

7+ Year Old Account
    How do you interpret this part?

"Paul Manafort and aide Rick Gates, both pleaded guilty to 'conspiracy against the United States' both actively seeking to cultivate a relationship with the Russian government and willing to work with it to acquire damaging information about its political opponents. That willingness included explicitly sharing information with or soliciting information from Russian operatives.”
    Don’t you see? Because the charge was not exactly “collusion with Russia” that means nothing else counts!

and Al Capone was only a tax cheat.

(/s)

Trump supporter =

No proof...no evidence...no collusion...EXONERATION!11

That's why I don't waste my time. If it did matter...it doesn't. To them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Lol he will be going nuts. That SOTU address ought to be hysterical/frightening.

Trump supporter =

No proof...no evidence...no collusion...EXONERATION!11

That's why I don't waste my time. If it did matter...it doesn't. To them.
    Shrodinger’s evidence, if you don’t look at it, then it both exists and doesn’t exist; therefore Trump could be exonerated and not exonerated.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    McConnell is indicating that he will likely allow BOTH sides to call witnesses. What a novel concept!
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    McConnell is indicating that he will likely allow BOTH sides to call witnesses. What a novel concept!
    "If you don't let us call unrelated witness Hunter Biden in, whose investigation should be handled by the DoJ if we were being honest, WE WON'T LET YOU BRING IN ACTUAL MATERIAL WITNESSES LIKE MULVANEY! WE NEED OUR PROPAGANDA!"

Because let's be honest, Hunter and Joe Biden are completely irrelevant in this affair, no matter how much the Republican party and Trump administration pushes that nonsense. If there were legs to that "theory", the DoJ it the appropriate agency to handle an investigation and that investigation should have begun long ago.

But it's not, so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Then sadly, I guess I'm not qualified to answer it, as I'm not a "trump superfan who is buttrustled about Dems refusing to actually impeach".

I find the entire impeachment circus quite amusing, and Pelosi pointlessly dragging it out into infinity and beyond one of the most entertaining parts. It's so nakedly partisan that I can't help but cheer for her, like the Democrat congressmen were cheering when she announced the vote had passed.
    Pelosi's actions are partisan? McConnell's isn;t?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown