Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    a year? are you one of those folks that thinks that Shadowlands isn't coming until 2021?
    Its either 2021 or another half assed expansion... my guess is we get another half assed expansion in 2020. Certainly didn't look like it was going to be anything but filler from the blizzcon features.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All they said was 2020. My guess is october/november. Not quite a year, but still a very long time to be stuck in 8.3.

If they do manage to release by August, that would be pretty good.
    You're allowed to take breaks ya know, WoW isn't the only video game out there.

Do what you want in 8.3, when you've accomplished that and are getting bored, unsub, come back in prepatch if it interests you. MMO's are created for that type of play period.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wods mistake was the lack of content and having you just be in the garrison all day.
    BFA's only mistakes are the azerite system wsas horrid to start, but luckily has gotten much better. and that warfronts and islands were boring. partially fixed since.
    But that's the point I was making. When Blizzard need to fix stuff they lose some of the dev time that they should use on new content. They fall behind their own estimated time schedule. WOD was really bad in relation to this but BFA is also suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

The quality of an expansion should be gauged by your personal opinion, not an overall consensus. Hivemind mentalities are very irritating and this forum is full of that shit.
    I agree, hive-mind mentality is irritating but I am sure not everyone likes all those expansions for the same reason. But then we'd be ignoring my overall point I am trying to make which is generally speaking, despite our personal and unpopular opinions.

I like BfA for example although the later stages so far are not that interesting to me outside of the story. Its no way the worst expansion for me, Cata and WoD were far worse. But my opinions aside the general consensus is people don't like it and I am okay accepting that and we shouldn't ignore it. So the pattern of peoples overall opinion stands and that Shadowlands will hopefully be perceived as one of the 'good' expansions despite what the few of us will think. (Of course I could be wrong, it could suck and then the chain would be broken)
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-14 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejewvnation View Post
    As someone who played WoD this feels like a pretty melodramatic statement.
    How does it feel melodramatic? I went to Blizzcon, saw what Shadowlands has to offer and even tried out playing it, and I was pretty underwhelmed so I decided not to pre-order it. And if we have to spend an entire year of 8.3 that doesn't even seem worth playing to me, to "just wait for Shadowlands", an expansion I haven't so far seen anything that makes me interested in it, in my personal view, things aren't looking too great for WoW.

I dunno, that seems pretty reasonable to me. That's my personal take on it, and if I'm just not feeling 8.3/Shadowlands, how is that "melodramatic"?

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    How does it feel melodramatic? I went to Blizzcon, saw what Shadowlands has to offer and even tried out playing it, and I was pretty underwhelmed so I decided not to pre-order it. And if we have to spend an entire year of 8.3 that doesn't even seem worth playing to me, to "just wait for Shadowlands", an expansion I haven't so far seen anything that makes me interested in it, in my personal view, things aren't looking too great for WoW.

I dunno, that seems pretty reasonable to me. That's my personal take on it, and if I'm just not feeling 8.3/Shadowlands, how is that "melodramatic"?
    Personally waiting until beta as well, to order Shadowlands. So far, the most exciting additions/changes have been ones to old systems, like leveling or char customization, nothing that gets me hyped for The Shadowlands.

And I'm definitely not gonna pre-order to play AR DKs that don't have any special DK skins and in some cases even still have another eye glow painted around their eyes. (remnants of red eyeglow around Dark Iron dwarves, clashing with the blue glow)

I can easily predict most people will sell their soul to a 6 month sub exclusive mount. One coming in feb or march, already in the 8.3 data files.

If anyone thinks BfA hasn't been in the same "lets get this shit over and done with as soon as possible" stage just like Warlords of Dreanor they are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If anyone thinks BfA hasn't been in the same "lets get this shit over and done with as soon as possible" stage just like Warlords of Dreanor they are crazy.
    You can't just say that kind of stuff.
    Until at least 6 months into 8.3

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've been feeling that way since like a few months into BfA personally, and like I said above, not really interested in Shadowlands either from what I've seen so far. Unless the beta absolutely blows me away, the game will still have the same problems that are the reasons I stopped playing to begin with. It taking an entire year to fly, needing to do awful time gated rep grinds to unlock new races, just needing to do awful time gated rep grinds to do anything in general including unlocking flying. I got pretty sick of all that early on in BfA, and Shadowlands doesn't look any different so I'm not really sure how I would end up enjoying it then. I begrudgingly dealt with it in WoD/Legion, I genuinely did enjoy garrisons and artifact weapons/class halls were fantastic, but BfA was just the final straw for me because the HoA was just awful. For 2-3 expansions now I just haven't been able to enjoy WoW anymore because of those dang time gated rep grinds everywhere and not being able to fly for a whole year.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-01-15 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.
    As obligated as with Warcraft III Reforged you mean? That game that had to be releassed in 2019 as stated in the prepurchase and releasses 29th Jan 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    They've been shooting for August expansion releases, which means July prepatch.

6 months isn't really a drought
    They don't even have an alpha yet. You really think shadowlands will be ready for a July pre-patch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    As obligated as with Warcraft III Reforged you mean? That game that had to be releassed in 2019 as stated in the prepurchase and releasses 29th Jan 2020?
    Well.. they had to offer refunds. I got an email myself informing me I can claim a refund since the product didn't ship in time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They don't even have an alpha yet. You really think shadowlands will be ready for a July pre-patch?

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. they had to offer refunds. I got an email myself informing me I can claim a refund since the product didn't ship in time.
    To be fair, BfA alpha started Feb 7th 2018 and the pre-patch hit July 17th 2018.

Not that we should repeat the mistake that was rushing BfA, but what you're saying is hardly impossible either.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    The content drought exists for over a year now. BFA has no content. Everything is broken or recycled or just work to get your boring ass neck to level 70 because blizzard decided it needs to be this way because subs or something.
    Doesnt matter how many people will be playing BFA in one year. When the game is finally good again people will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    To be fair, BfA alpha started Feb 7th 2018 and the pre-patch hit July 17th 2018.

Not that we should repeat the mistake that was rushing BfA, but what you're saying is hardly impossible either.
    I hope they learned from BFA that they don't rush beta. Didn't they put the azerite armor on the beta like a few months before launch and so it was too late to change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    Don't be such a pessimist. It'll be out in late february, tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

I think it's hilarious they won't be getting out all base race heritage armour this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I hope they learned from BFA that they don't rush beta. Didn't they put the azerite armor on the beta like a few months before launch and so it was too late to change anything?
    From memory, they only put VERY LIMITED examples of it on the beta anyway, and just kept saying "nah dont worry, thats just the leveling examples - you just wait until you see how amazing the raid and high end pvp stuff is!"

This is good. I didnt plan on playing BFA, nor do I plan on doing anything with 8.3. I'll play Classic till Shadowlands and then maybe ill get back into retail before TBC servers. Then its arena 24/7 baybee.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    From memory, they only put VERY LIMITED examples of it on the beta anyway, and just kept saying "nah dont worry, thats just the leveling examples - you just wait until you see how amazing the raid and high end pvp stuff is!"
    This is exactly what happened.

There was a few example of leveling Azerite gear datamined but it wasn't available for testing. The Azerite Armor system was literally implemented 2-4 weeks before launch. Tested minimally and shipped out in it's horrible state. If they didn't delete the Beta forums the evidence would all be there. Evidently they wanted to hide it.

I can't believe people are advocating for a launch any time before November. You all saw what happened during the BfA Beta and how they brought the release date forward and rushed it out the door. You should all be advocating for as long a Beta cycle as humanly possible.

They had absolutely nothing to show at Blizzcon. Watch some interviews. Almost every question was answered with - "Well it's in concept stage at the moment so we don't actually know."