Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    those floods in 2019 really did a number on our local crops.

- - - Updated - - -

are you fucking serious?
    Conservatives understand now they can't deny climate change any more, so they either switched to "It costs too much/we can't do anything" or good ol' eco-fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Imagine these people calling themselves informed and educated just because they've been taught hugging trees is good
    As opposed to people wanting to build power plants with reactors that are not anticipated to have a working prototype online until at least 2040?

I love OP getting ripped a new one by almost everyone. Did not read further than the title, did you...? Because the rest does not fit with your narrative of no global warming at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only hope we'll be transitioning to nuclear fusion power instead of power of tree hugging
    Nuclear power would be great, but from the estimates I have seen, we simply can't create nuclear power plants fast enough.

Mmm yeah you mean relocating industry to china, that helped a lot, but can you do this trick again with power plants?
    Acid raid was caused in part by power plants, and emission regulations passed by congress helped reduce acid rain. Other plans have been proposed to limit other emissions.

I only hope we'll be transitioning to nuclear fusion power instead of power of tree hugging
    I can't wait until we have to eat bugs. A nice cockroach stew would be great and super environmentally friendly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I love OP getting ripped a new one by almost everyone. Did not read further than the title, did you...? Because the rest does not fit with your narrative of no global warming at all.
    It's pretty standard behaviour from him. He makes a thread to "own the libs" and then runs the fuck away when it inevitably turns against him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Conservatives understand now they can't deny climate change any more, so they either switched to "It costs too much/we can't do anything" or good ol' eco-fascism.
    Earth is just gonna have to pull itself up by the bootstraps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    I can't wait until we have to eat bugs. A nice cockroach stew would be great and super environmentally friendly!
    Cockroach has too large carbon footprint, sir, but you can have Impossibe-to-eat burger made of grass

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's pretty standard behaviour from him. He makes a thread to "own the libs" and then runs the fuck away when it inevitably turns against him.

- - - Updated - - -

Earth is just gonna have to pull itself up by the bootstraps.
    But only the global south!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine desperately trying to fit into 'non-existent' climate change agenda an article then doesn't even have single word about climate in it. Because of such poor attempts people turn their backs on environmentalists. The article is about lack of funding and trade wars hurting farmer's businesses, not about climate change fucking them up
    Are you literally trying to convince yourself climate change is not real despite all the evidence being given to you, or are you generally that blind?

As someone who has literally gone to see (for lack of a better term) the changes due to climate change and seen the actual damage that it's having, not just on the land mass, weather and icecaps, but also the animals that are also being forced to retreat elsewhere because of their homes being taken from them and then with some not coping with their new environment then dying because they were unprepared or unequipped to deal with the change

Try and open your eyes, go out there, learn and educate yourself, its easy to deny it when you are sitting at a computer and not actually seeing it. Unless you are just selfish to believe that you will be dead before you are even affected and so it doesn't concern you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    What did our ancestors do 125k years ago to stop and then revert the ultra rapid heating up of the planet? Did they abandon fossil fuels and go solar?
    Can we get some scientists on this already?
    Also, when disasters happened, they died. Are you volunteering for the same behavior?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a believer of climate change, I truly believe what we're doing on this planet has an affect on it's climate but I wish they'd stop with the predictions because it's just making us look bad. Like we're some group of fanatics or something. It's like it's some kind of competition to see who would predict it right so they can have their bragging rights when the end of the world happens. It's really annoying.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-14 at 05:56 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Also, when disasters happened, they died. Are you volunteering for the same behavior?
    Someone mentioned the Toba supervolcano going boom, and between that and the nuclear (volcanic) winter that followed, killed almost everyone over 70k years ago. There was anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000 people left on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I'm a believer of climate change, I truly believe what we're doing on this planet has an affect on it's climate but I wish they'd stop with the predictions because it's just making us look bad. Like we're some group of fanatics or something. It's like it's some kind of competition to see who would predict it right so they can have their bragging rights when the end of the world happens. It's really annoying.
    Framing it as a "believer" means you think it's about belief, at all. It's hard, physical, provable fact. It's like saying you "believe" in earthquakes.

And the predictions are pretty much bang-on, for the most part. A few specific examples, like this one, don't pan out precisely, but these are predictions and projections made on certain assumptions, and those assumptions may not hold true in the intervening years since the prediction was made. It's like if I say "if that car doesn't turn or brake, it's gonna hit that truck", and then the driver swerves and avoids the truck, my prediction was not wrong. If you insist that I said "it's gonna hit that truck", then you're misrepresenting what I actually said.

And that's what's largely going on with cases like this. There were some assumptions made, and those did not remain true; things "swerved", so the "car" missed the "truck". It doesn't mean it couldn't have hit the truck. It doesn't mean the car's not swerving out of control now and about to hit something else. Getting all "neener neener, they missed the truck" means you're ignoring the actual point to try and pull a "gotcha".

Cockroach has too large carbon footprint, sir, but you can have Impossibe-to-eat burger made of grass
    Eating bugs is one of the most environmental friendly way to stop climate change. I've actually been eating bugs since Trump was elected to fight back against his constant pollution and climate denialism. I'll provide a recipe below.

1 Cup Wasp Larva
    1 Cup Cockroach entrails ( no exoskeleton that doesn't have a good texture )
    1 Cup Soy Milk
    4 Tbls Quinoa butter
    2 Tsp Salt
    1 Tsp All natural black pepper
    1 Tsp All natural Kumen
    1 Tsp Banana oil

Shit is actually pretty great. Very nutritious and I know I am not contributing to climate change!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Don't be a party pooper.
    Reading about new "accurate predictions" of "point of no return" every couple of years is quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Framing it as a "believer" means you think it's about belief, at all. It's hard, physical, provable fact. It's like saying you "believe" in earthquakes.

And the predictions are pretty much bang-on, for the most part. A few specific examples, like this one, don't pan out precisely, but these are predictions and projections made on certain assumptions, and those assumptions may not hold true in the intervening years since the prediction was made. It's like if I say "if that car doesn't turn or brake, it's gonna hit that truck", and then the driver swerves and avoids the truck, my prediction was not wrong. If you insist that I said "it's gonna hit that truck", then you're misrepresenting what I actually said.

And that's what's largely going on with cases like this. There were some assumptions made, and those did not remain true; things "swerved", so the "car" missed the "truck". It doesn't mean it couldn't have hit the truck. It doesn't mean the car's not swerving out of control now and about to hit something else. Getting all "neener neener, they missed the truck" means you're ignoring the actual point to try and pull a "gotcha".
    The concept of standard deviation does not exist in the world of climate deniers. Any time a data point did not fall exactly on the trend line, they screamed “You are wrong!!!!”

Yeah...Australia is burning...Venice is drowning (took a bit for Mother Nature to do that), and FEMA manages "retreating" populations by buying out their homes.
    Turning point for a lot of people .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Unless you are just selfish to believe that you will be dead before you are even affected and so it doesn't concern you.
    No, I believe that one day mankind should be in full control of climate and we would manage it by our image and for our liking. But to be able to do we shouldnt be histerically yelling 'how dare you' and demanding to halt any progress and become "sustainable", but rather keep pushing through, even sacrificing some animals and icecaps if necessary
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-01-15 at 04:27 AM.

Sacrificing animals...check.
    Sacrificing icecaps...check.
    Advanced technology...no check. Cash only.

Positing a belief in something that doesn't exist today. Hmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Positing a belief in something that doesn't exist today. Hmmm.
    Oh boy imagine flying machines heavier than air. Scientifically impossible and not existing today, considering how flat the earth is. And a building taller than 10 storeys will most likelly collapse under its weight.