Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs up U.S. Created More Billionaires Than Any Other Nation

inc.com/minda-zetlin/billionaires-kylie-jenner-united-states-china-worlds-richest-people.html

If you hope to become a billionaire, the United States may be the best place to live. That's one obvious conclusion from Forbes' newly released list of billionaires for 2018.

From a global perspective, the old adage that the rich get richer didn't quite work out last year. There were a total of 2,153 billionaires at the end of 2018, 55 fewer than at the beginning of the year. As happens every year, some--including 21-year-old Kylie Jenner--went from being non-billionaires to billionaires during 2018, while others lost their billionaire status and fell off the list. Last year 247 billionaires became non-billionaires. That's the most to do so since 2009, in the depths of the Great Recession. And of those who both started and ended the year as billionaires, 46 percent have lower net worth than they did at the beginning of the year.

If you dream about being a billionaire, go to America. Everyone in Europe wants to tax you to death.

Quote Originally Posted by miami paradise View Post
    If you dream about being a billionaire, go to America. Everyone in Europe wants to tax you to death.
    Better way to put it is to say go to America, forget about your own people and country, work for billionaires, make them richer. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's just the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather live in a country that has less terribly poor people than one that has more super rich people tbh.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2020-01-15 at 09:39 AM.

Capitalism is responsible for bringing more people out of poverty than any other system in history. No surprise here.

Yeah sure...and the Dow Jones is an accurate reflection of wages for US workers.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Capitalism is responsible for bringing more people out of poverty than any other system in history. No surprise here.
    China has recently brought more people out of poverty than there are people in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Billionaires are an aberration and should not exist while poverty persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I guess the spam bot has run out of new material and is starting to repeat itself. It has created this exact thread before.

I'll take living in a country that values human rights, thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice that'll be cool when the first person achieves trillionaire status.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'll take living in a country that values human rights, thanks.
    Which country is that again?

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    We don't practice pure capitalism but a mix of things, Why don't people get this...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why nobodies enjoy jacking off to people they'll never be.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by miami paradise View Post
    inc.com/minda-zetlin/billionaires-kylie-jenner-united-states-china-worlds-richest-people.html

Yes, if you dream about being a billionaire, go to America. You'll probably end up just as poor as everyone around you...but at least you'll have your dreams.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I don't understand why nobodies enjoy jacking off to people they'll never be.
    I'm sure I'll never be a billionaire but it's still cool when your fellow man achieves something. There's no need to be jealous and envious of other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I'm sure I'll never be a billionaire but it's still cool when your fellow man achieves something. There's no need to be jealous and envious of other people.
    No this is complete and utter nonsense, no human being achieves billionaire status and it's not about being jealous it's about that fact they are almost ever being created is fucking ridiculous.

Especially when we have people literally dying from poverty.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I'd rather live in a country that has less terrible poor people that one that has more super rich people tbh.
    I’d rather live in a country where hard work, and success is rewarded. Oh wait I do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Achieving great wealth is, IMO, not an achievement worth celebrating. It's like, weighing 800 lbs. Yeah...that's an achievement all right, but it is also disgusting.

You earned a billion dollars by achieving world-wide nuclear disarmament? That second thing is an achievement, that first thing is a side effect. You earned a billion dollars by developing a new form of electric technology that puts fossil fuels to shame? That second thing is an achievement, the first one is not.

I am neither jealous nor envious of billionaires. I have no such desire nor need for that kind of money. Oh I'd love to be a multi-millionare, but beyond that? I just don't see the purpose. Extreme wealth isn't an achievement, nor are billionaires my "fellow man". Joe down the street who works 12 hour shifts to put his kids through college, that is my fellow man. The 18-year-old who bags my groceries, that is my fellow man. But Warren Buffet? Bill Gates? Elon Musk? Several Saudis I really ought to know the names of? They're not my fellow man, and they don't regard me as their fellow man either.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

@Sunseeker

You do realize billionaires are the biggest philanthropists right? Buffett has donated more than 46 billion to charity since 2000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    @Sunseeker

You do realize billionaires are the biggest philanthropists right? Buffett has donated more than 46 billion to charity since 2000.
    So...you're saying Warren Buffet is "earning" ~2 billion a year he doesn't need? The company that owns Dairy Queen? The business that likes to pay people minimum wage? And ONE MAN has a spare 2 billion/year he doesn't need?

What the fuck do I care about him giving away 2 billion he clearly shouldn't be getting in the first place?

Just, be kind.