Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    So...you're saying Warren Buffet is "earning" ~2 billion a year he doesn't need? The company that owns Dairy Queen? The business that likes to pay people minimum wage? And ONE MAN has a spare 2 billion/year he doesn't need?

What the fuck do I care about him giving away 2 billion he clearly shouldn't be getting in the first place?
    I don’t have a problem with it. Success is rewarded in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No stupidity is rewarded along with gaming the system as long as you don't get caught.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You ought to, but that isn't my problem, it's yours. And the second part has nothing to do with anything I said.

Go spank off to your billionaire waifu pillow but don't insist I have to watch. And before "you don't have to respond!" yes well it's a public forum, the OP is basically jacking off in public to monetary obesity. There is nothing that isn't disgusting about it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No stupidity is rewarded along with gaming the system as long as you don't get caught.
    I can think of a lot of words to describe Warren Buffett. Stupidity is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can think of a lot of words to describe Warren Buffett. Stupidity is not one of them.
    Warren Buffet also doesn't advocate for the stupidity that creates the kind of wealth you are talking about, why you seem to use him as an example is pretty amusing. Which is why he has donated billions
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'd love to be a multi-millionare, but beyond that? I just don't see the purpose.
    But that's an arbitrary cut-off point. It's your opinion that being a millionaire is okay and moral, but being a billionaire is somehow bad or immoral. It's not based on anything except for your feelings. Just because you want to limit yourself to some arbitrary amount that doesn't mean you have a right to put limits on other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one strange hobby to create an endless amount of burner accounts to spam how great the US is.

Are you bitter your main account was banned, and are taking it upon the uncaring world, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's why I find lauding the "achievement" of being a billionaire to be stupid and the mere existence of them to be disgusting

There are roughly 317,000 employees of Dairy Queen, from the lowliest worker to the highest CEO (of Dairy Queen, not it's parent companies).

You say Warren Buffet has "given away" 2.3 billion every year. Divided across ALL of their employees, that's enough to increase all of their wages by ~7255/yr. For anyone making minimum wage (7.25/hr or ~15k/yr) that's an increase of ~1/2 their annual income to ~22k/yr (or 10.87/hr). If Warren Buffett doesn't need this money, why not increase the pay of of people who work for him who could use it? And i'm certain that if he only increased the pay of Dairy Queen's minimum wage workers, or at least everyone who is making less than 10.87, the money could probably be used to raise even more people's wages at the various companies owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

It is said that Berkshire Hathaway has funds in the realm of 122 billion in liquid cash. What for? What purpose does that serve? Are they worried that next month they might find themselves in need of paying off a 100+ billion-dollar debt like the average American worries about paying next-month's rent? It's said Warren himself has in the realm of 87 billion in cash(this may or may not be included in Berkshire Hathaway's number, depending on your source). What for? What purpose does that serve? Is Warren worried that next month he'll have to pay an 87 billion-dollar car repair bill?

I've already demonstrated how far his 2.3 billion/yr of "philanthropy" can go towards his own workers. Imagine the rest of that money put to that kind of use! Imagine the 40-odd companies Berkshire Hathaway owns being told that there's an extra 100 billion dollars that MUST be used to raise employee wages? 40 companies times 2.3 billion equals out to about...what's that you say? About 92 billion? Berkshire Hathaway would still have 30 billion in the bank to play with? And every single worker for every single company would see a raise of over 7k/yr? More if we only applied it to the lowest-paid worker?

This is precisely what I find disgusting. Those billions are made off the backs of people who make nothing, and then we praise that ill-gotten wealth being handed back as "philanthropy"? DISGUSTING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But that's an arbitrary cut-off point. It's your opinion that being a millionaire is okay and moral, but being a billionaire is somehow bad or immoral. It's not based on anything except for your feelings. Just because you want to limit yourself to some arbitrary amount that doesn't mean you have a right to put limits on other people.
    I just demonstrated the math. Enjoy it. Ignore it. Call it bullshit. I really don't care.

Also: watch me.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is precisely what I find disgusting. Those billions are made off the backs of people who make nothing, and then we praise that ill-gotten wealth being handed back as "philanthropy"? DISGUSTING.
    And the best part is that the donations are tax deductible. No idea how the math with those go, but Dairy Queen doesn't even "lose" 2.3 billion by donating that amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And the best part is that the donations are tax deductible. No idea how the math with those go, but Dairy Queen doesn't even "lose" 2.3 billion by donating that amount.
    Exactly. They don't donate money because they want to, they donate money because it is in their financial interests to do so. But it is apparently too expensive to reinvest that money in their workers!

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also: watch me.
    In your dreams bud, if you try to kill off our billionaires we will stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    In your dreams bud, if you try to kill off our billionaires we will stop you.
    Careful, you'll have to use one of your vacation days to do that!

Just, be kind.

hmf...most wealthy aren't "self-made," they're born into wealth. And while some may not have been born on "third base thinking they hit a triple" they were born on first base inheriting more than enough to get them anywhere.

Just shows how great capitalism is.

"Tax you to death" lmao, more like "tax you to be a several hundred millionaire and by 1 less airplane."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I'd rather live in a country that has less terrible poor people that one that has more super rich people tbh.
    wait so poor people are terrible people? thanks. that's real nice.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    wait so poor people are terrible people? thanks. that's real nice.
    Stop with the act you know what they meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miami paradise View Post
    If you dream about being a billionaire, go to America. Everyone in Europe wants to tax you to death.
    This is a symptom of deep economic failure in the USA, once you consider the massive issues with poverty and a collapsing middle class the nation also has.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Capitalism is responsible for bringing more people out of poverty than any other system in history. No surprise here.
    Even without pointing out that the Western world has been working off mixed economies in the time frame in question, and that it was a more-pure form of capitalism that fostered such poverty that the Great Depression occurred as the economy tanked, this claim would still be false.

That would be "communism". It's had greater economic gains, for more individuals, over a shorter period of time, than Western economies have. Given that we really only have two strong economies in that system, and one of those collapsed in on itself (the USSR), it's still largely untested to the same degree that mixed economies have been, in multiple successful and sustainable variations. But China's economy is still going strong, at least; anyone claiming that communism is unsustainable simply isn't paying attention, and is trying to cherry-pick a single example as if it's descriptive of the whole.

Which isn't me supporting communism, before anyone knee-jerks themselves in the face. I think there's bigger issues than national economic gains. But I'm not gonna misrepresent the facts, either.

congrats OP i think your trolling will go at least 3 pages, what a bunch of tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Right so now we've done that, can we go for the record on "the nation that destroyed the most billionaires" ?

Please?
    Well those billionaires rule both political parties and you should never bet on someone doing things against their own interests. Even if they say they will.