Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Could you imagine an entire expansion about Aszhara? It would probably involve a dark cult that worships the deep ocean depths, and using its spiritual power over a human nation to keep it weakened and divided while Aszhara pulls the strings in the background enough to open the seas and trap the world's most powerful heroes wielding the power of the Titans into unchaining Aszhara's Old God boss, and using the ensuing chaos to escape the deal she made with the Old God, and be free of that which kept her bound to him.

Oh wait.
    stop it.. it sounds to good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And yeah, ofc the sensible and logical answer is that naturally Blizzard wants to be done with 10.0 and kill the cash cow, the goose that lays the golden egg.
    Still it's odd how expansion-worthy material such as Argus or N'yalotha has been relegated to patch fodder. Those are names big enough to carry an entire expansion - and no, Argus shouldn't necessarily have been "a wasted rock with lime green goo", much like Outland wasn't just "a red charred wasteland" or Pandaria wasn't "omg pandering to the Chinese", or any of those ridiculous... arguments.

Sometimes I think that if it was up to the current team, they would have probably released Northrend as a haphazardly put patch zone and called it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Still it's odd how expansion-worthy material such as Argus or N'yalotha has been relegated to patch fodder. Those are names big enough to carry an entire expansion - and no, Argus shouldn't necessarily have been "a wasted rock with lime green goo", much like Outland wasn't just "a red charred wasteland" or Pandaria wasn't "omg pandering to the Chinese", or any of those ridiculous... arguments.

Sometimes I think that if it was up to the current team, they would have probably released Northrend as a haphazardly put patch zone and called it a day.
    Argus and Ny'alotha don't sell bodypillows. Screamy undead elf ladies do.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    As insane as this sounds, I don't understand Blizzard's urge to rushing through so many expansion-worthy materials like:
    I personally prefer them to write a long story that spans multiple episodes, like some of the series in other media, with maybe filler, smaller story arc inbetween. Right now, WoW feels like Star Trek. Each episodes is unique and disconnected with others. Some good. Some bad. I much prefer the Babylon 5 style, there is longer main story arc in happening but filled in smaller arc that focus on smaller stories.

But this requires really good writing and focus to avoid deviation and conflicting details.

Azshara is one of the most powerful characters in Warcraft lore.

And what do we get? A fight that focuses half of the time on random adds

Yes. Azshara/Nazjatar, Nyalotha, Argus and Emerald Dream to an extent had enough lore behind them to sustain an expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Argus and the Emerald Dream are two what I feel are wasted expansions ideas.

"We don't know how to make fel zones different" ... well the 3 subzones of Argus all felt different to me, you couldn't have fleshed those out a bit more and add some more zones, maybe one void zone to mix things up.

"The Emerald Dream is all green" ... expect the Nightmare which is Red and Black ... and there are tons of different greens, you could have plains, forests, jungles, briers for the Nightmare, etc ...

Honestly, it seem more like they can't creatively make it therefor it isn't worth exploring. When there are fan concepts that interest me than the actual game, that is sad. They haven't done a big back right since Arthas who felt like a goal ... N'Zoth doesn't feel like a goal right now, but rather a check box.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say it with me now everyone. "10.0 is just a number."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Argus and the Emerald Dream are two what I feel are wasted expansions ideas.

"We don't know how to make fel zones different" ... well the 3 subzones of Argus all felt different to me, you couldn't have fleshed those out a bit more and add some more zones, maybe one void zone to mix things up.

"The Emerald Dream is all green" ... expect the Nightmare which is Red and Black ... and there are tons of different greens, you could have plains, forests, jungles, briers for the Nightmare, etc ...

Honestly, it seem more like they can't creatively make it therefor it isn't worth exploring. When there are fan concepts that interest me than the actual game, that is sad. They haven't done a big back right since Arthas who felt like a goal ... N'Zoth doesn't feel like a goal right now, but rather a check box.
    The Dream expansion died back in Cataclysm when they solved 99% of the problem via a book.

Argus I will give you but also I'm glad they didn't make it an expansion because I was tired of the Legion already after 6.2, let alone 7.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Azshara is one of the most powerful characters in Warcraft lore.

And what do we get? A fight that focuses half of the time on random adds
    At least it's not as bad as Madness of Deathwing.

Nazjatar got squeezed into a patch because after Vash'ir Blizzard realized another underwater zone / expansion will push away more people than it will attract. Same reason why in EP there's only 1 underwater boss.

Personally I won't miss underwater shenanigans since Blizzard can't fix ground targeted spells for underwater environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parages View Post
    If the Lich King couldn't warrant two expansions of material not sure how they could sustain that for N'zoth.
    LK was 1 full expansion of material.

N'Zoth is a single patch of material, as is Azshara. Faction War, at least, was half an expansion. Argus was also a single patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Please don't let "10.0 is the end of wow" become a thing

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    As insane as this sounds, I don't understand Blizzard's urge to rushing through so many expansion-worthy materials like:

- Faction War
    - Argus
    - Nazjatar
    - Ny'alotha

It's like they forgot about the WORLD in the World of Warcraft but so caught up with this character based(look at Sylvanas' ridiculous arc) plot, that they are just rushing through all the potential worlds for us to explore.

I mean what the fuck are they smoking?

Who is this visionary director that thinks and loves a linear, character focused path in a MMO that's filled with history, culture and worlds to experience?

Now it feels like every expansion, we need another ass-pulled new material shoved it into the lore or we need to jump the ship and bring the story to a whole another planet to go forward.

What a god damn waste of the world in World of Warcraft. I wish 10.0 is truly inspiring and eye opening. But I have little hope.
    No cause azshara didnt die, so naga are still on the menu and this is literally faction 2 they can do faction war 3 if they want

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

But it rhymes!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

It will die off once 10.0 actually hits.

It was the same with the "WoW is shutting down after Level 100" bullshit.

Old God expansion can still happen, as in the Black Empire style but it would probably require a world revamp. I don't think any of the old gods are actually dead. Just look at Y'Shaarj. It was literally ripped apart by a titan with only it's heart surviving and it still caused a lot of problem. Well maybe after Shadowlands..