Unlocking Mechagnomes, January 14 Hotfixes, New Trinkets in PvP, Eye of N'zoth

Clarifying the Process for Unlocking Mechagnomes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re seeing some confusion on how to unlock mechagnomes, we have applied a change this evening and want to take a moment to clarify the process. First off, the following achievements need to be completed on any character on the same account:

If you have done these achievements on any Alliance character(s), you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind on that character and start the unlock questchain with Aysa Cloudsinger and accepting the quest “Urgent Care”.

If you have done these achievements on a Horde character, you will then need to login on a level 120 Alliance character.

• If this character has already completed the Mechagon Island intro questline that ends with the quest “Welcome To The Resistance”, then the character can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and pick up the quest “Urgent Care” from Aysa Cloudsinger to start the Allied Race unlock questline.
    • If this character has not unlocked Mechagon Island, you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and Gila Crosswires will have the quest “Fame Waits For Gnome One” which will lead the character through the Mechagon Island unlock process which then leads to the mechagnome unlock questline. If you are in this situation, you will not need to go to Nazjatar.

We are also currently in the process of resolving a bug that is affecting the Allied Race banner UI and causing additional confusion, but in the meantime the steps outlined above should help unlock the Mechagnomes for those who qualify.

Thank you for your understanding!

Patch 8.3 - January 14 Hotfixes
    Assaults
    • Void Conduits now grant credit toward Assaults.

Creatures and NPCs
    • Knockback reduced on Magni Bronzebeard's Reverberating Clap.
    • Blastatron X-81 no longer taps, so all combatants can receive credit.
    • Kames, Blade of the Dawn’s Sun’s Retribution ability now has a 3 second cooldown.

Items and Rewards
    • Fixed a bug that allowed some Honorbound and 7th Legion items to both Corrupt and Titanforge. N'Zoth works in mysterious and terrible ways.
    • The Kernel of E-Steam now correctly awards reputation to characters not yet Exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance.

Player versus Player
    • Resolved an issue that prevented the weekly Brawl quest “Something Different” from starting when entering the Deepwind Gorge Battleground highlight brawl.

Quests
    • Players investigating Blackwing Descent with Wrathion should no longer be blocked from entering the instance during “Beginning the Descent” and “To the Catacombs!”.
    • Highland Worgs are no longer endangered and can be readily slaughtered to fulfill "A Little Goodwill."
    • Fixed an issue that caused the first Lesser Vision daily quest, “A Dark, Glaring Reality” to incorrectly reward 1,000 Coalescing Visions instead of 2,000 Coalescing Visions for some players. Players affected by this issue will be offered the quest rewarding 2,000 Coalescing Visions tomorrow.
    • Zahra Sandstalker should no longer disappear for nearby players when someone accepts "To The Moon." Additionally, multiple copies will no longer show up.
    • Locating the anomalous source for “Deeper Into Darkness” now shares credit with all party members.
    • “Against Overwhelming Odds” now grants credit for slaying enemy players in Uldum when Assaults are active.

World
    • Players should no longer disconnect when traveling on the boat between Booty Bay and Gadgetzan.

WoW Classic
    • Alterac Valley
      • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
        • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

New Trinkets in PvP
    Please note that several new trinkets coming in Ny’alotha (and one extant trinket from Underrot) will be adjusted as follows in PvP activities:

Lingering Psychic Shell
    • The damage required to remove Psychic Shell has been reduced by 50% in PvP.

Void-Twisted Titanshard
    • The absorb shield provided by this item is reduced by 40% in PvP.

Sigil of Warding
    • This item will be 30% effective in PvP.

Bloodthirsty Urchin
    • This item will be now 30% effective in PvP.

Lingering Sporepods
    • This items is now 30% effective in PvP.

Eye of N'Zoth in Patch 8.3
    I never did the quest to purge it and it has stuck with me since then but with the new patch, it’s gone. Why’s that?
    To be clear – it’s not gone. The only way to remove it is to complete the quest that cleanses you of its wicked curse.
    Which is something I’ll never do.
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-01-15 at 02:56 AM.

Who would’ve known that new pve trinkets would be too good in pvp and going to be nerfed soon after going live.

Have the devs completely stopped testing the game by themselves?
    Is it all just players testing nowadays!?

Fucking ridiculous how this keeps happening over and over and over again...

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Blizzard...

What ever happened to #NoChanges?

Graveyard Camping has been a thing for a very long time. It's still a part of current Retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Who would’ve known that new pve trinkets would be too good in pvp and going to be nerfed soon after going live.

Well obviously Blizzard knew given they did these nerfs a week before you can even get those items

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well obviously Blizzard knew given they did these nerfs a week before you can even get those items
    Missing the point. They shouldn’t even be mentioned as getting needed for pvp. That should be taken care of way earlier. Especially since it’s always overpowered pve trinkets in pvp.

eye of nzoth. i still have it. i am not removing it. so what will happen to me when I log in tonight? we still dont know yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So...

Blizzard...

Graveyard Camping has been a thing for a very long time. It's still a part of current Retail WoW.
    so keep doing it...just dont expect to get honor from it.

Well of course i expect nerfs inc.. so typo blizzard.

So...

Blizzard...

Never seen AV graveyard camping since the bandwagon “run directly to Drek-Vann” was discovered in late Vanilla (or early TBC, cannot remember). Became quite pointless when pvp ranks were removed from game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have missed it somewhere but can you unlock a allied heritage set from leveling a dk or does it have to be from 20?

As I understand herritarge for classes that start at high level (DK/DH), to unlock the armor you need to: 1). Be 120 level 2). Be exalted with home faction. For DH that is Silvermoon. For DK I don't remember right now. Then you do the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post

Literally none of em(except the underrot trinket) are available yet on live. Fuckin hell how daft can you be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Literally none of em(except the underrot trinket) are available yet on live. Fuckin hell how daft can you be.
    The urchin is from Ashvane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    As I understand herritarge for classes that start at high level (DK/DH), to unlock the armor you need to: 1). Be 120 level 2). Be exalted with home faction. For DH that is Silvermoon. For DK I don't remember right now. Then you do the quest.
    He/She means if leveling a dk allied race will get you the heritage set. For example, will leveling a dk zandalari troll to 120 get the Zandalari set or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you'll get the heritage armor leveling as a dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Swing and miss.

I noticed that the Gift of N'Zoth eye, which I have not removed, is only active in BfA zones now. It disappears when going anywhere else. Can't remember if it always acted like this... wasn't paying attention before, honestly. I also thought they had removed it, due to it not making sense story-wise for me to be doing this quest chain with a big ol' N'Zoth eye on my head.

So...

Blizzard...

Sorry, but blizzard was never part of the dumbtrain called #nochanges. They always said that they create it in the spirit of vanilla, but not that they will be no changes. And they say that they change things according to how it's necessary.

Nerfs should be only arena not all of the pvp, like warmode and bgs?

You farm a certain trinket other classes that have no tank loot spec to gain some advantage over them. A good example is the underrot trinket, that gives you just a heal proc and not even a nasty absorb shield. its nice to have for a class like arms warrior, that lack heal and it literally does nothing at all if you spec fury or play a DH/DK, as they allready have insane amounts of heal and this just results in overheals.

Now, if you dare to activate warmode on patchday you will be ganked by that other faction AND serverants of n'zoth of your own faction and this in usually such a big number advantage that a small heal trinket would never help you to survive any longer or overcome this, here only the correct class can help at all.(rogue/druid) or abusing the system via shard switches.

Its just another way how to reduce the fun out of loot and possible items, its ok that people run around in tank spec with massive selfheals, hp, and absorbs given by class choice, its not ok that dd specs have a small tanky advantage at the cost of dmg/burst?

DD specs of tank classes....that could play tank in warmode or bgs anyways, but rarely in the arena.

Considering their premiere feature "warmode" and push for pve gear grinds via mythic+ i think this is pretty absurd and ridiculous, if you look for some diversity in a mmo.