Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Remind me why Anduin did something to someone [Spoilers]

Remind me why Anduin punched Wrathian. Okey, Varian died, but how is this linked to Wrathian?

okey guys, thanks for the answers, no need for more replies!
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-01-15 at 12:03 PM.

Alright here's the story, sort of simplified:

Wrathion freed Garrosh and ordered Kairoz to go with him to an alternate dimension.
    Garrosh betrayed Kairoz and used the Iron Horde against Azeroth instead of the legion.
    We freed Gul'dan in order to depower the dark portal, we kinda forgot to kill him.
    Gul'dan summons Archimonde, Archimonde gets his ass beat and sends Gul'dan to Azeroth.
    Gul'dan uses the Tomb of Sargeras to summon the Legion.
    Varian dies in the Broken shore fighting the Legion.

Even if it's sort of stretched, Wrathion was a moron for trusting Garrosh to follow his orders.

Wrathion was the mastermind behind the whole time traveling expansion, which led alternate universe Gul'dan to killing Varian.

The question should be how Anduin knows Wrathion orchestrated everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Wrathion was the mastermind behind the whole time traveling expansion, which led alternate universe Gul'dan to killing Varian. Wrathion thought that neither the alliance nor the horde were strong enough to defend Azeroth from the legion, so he used Garrosh to go to the AU and put the iron horde together.

The question should be how Anduin knows Wrathion orchestrated everything.
    Well, Anduin did see Wrathion freeing Garrosh, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they were working together.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Well, Anduin did see Wrathion freeing Garrosh, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they were working together.
    No he didn't because it was Kairoz who freed Garrosh, not Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    No he didn't because it was Kairoz who freed Garrosh, not Wrathion.
    Ah yeah, but I do recall reading that Wrathion bonked Anduin unconscious or something similar.

Sending Garrosh to AU Draenor kind of lead to the Legion's invasion.

It's a shaky connection at best, since it wasn't his intention and his actions did not directly lead there.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post

Remind me why Anduin punched Wrathian. Okey, Varian died, but how is this linked to Wrathian?
    Wrathion incapacitated Anduin and helped Garrosh be freed, which caused Warlords of Draenor, which in turn caused Gul'dan, which brought the Legion back to Azeroth (at least sooner than normally) and ended up getting his father killed.

Frankly, just for being a part of causing Warlords of Draenor alone, he should've been decapitated on the spot, but this is Disney Warcraft, where a group can just commit a genocide and a few patches later we're supposed to be frolicking in the flowers together, so I didn't expect much here either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The punch was N'zoth manipulating him.

But Wrathion freed Garry who went to Draenor, who invaded Azeroth, then we had to invade Draenor and then we freed Gul'dan who went on to return to Azeroth and kill Varian and that rando troll (Via a felguard proxy).

So yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is to blame for the sequence of events since Warlords of Draenor till Varian dying on the Broken Shore. (releasing Garrosh at end of MoP and triggering WoD and consequentially Legion)

Grunt
    3+ Year Old Account
    So all in all, Thanks to Wrathion we had WoD? (Lorewise) then punch away on the dragon my golden boyking! Why have noone made a meme from this?!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The punch was N'zoth manipulating him.
    At least someone gets it.

I mean, sure, of course Wrathion played a role in setting off the chain of events that led to Varian's demise, but even so, punching him is out of character for Anduin, and he only did so because of N'zoth's influence.

Cause Anduin actually knows the fucking lore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

I mean, sure, of course Wrathion played a role in setting off the chain of events that led to Varian's demise, but even so, punching him is out of character for Anduin, and he only did so because of N'zoth's influence.
    Out of character? He's Varian's son, is 18, and is the high king of the Alliance. He's extremely fucking stressed out rn, and has raged a ton prior to N'zoth's release. This is most definitely NOT OOC for him.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    He must have read the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

True. Anduin is frequently portrayed as a naive pacifist who wants to hug the genocidal tendencies out of his enemies, so his punching a guy that is in part to blame for the Legion's attempted invasion of Azeroth and who was absent throughout all of it strangely realistic and human- by his standards, of course.

In all actuality Wrathion deserves the rope.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of character? He's Varian's son, is 18, and is the high king of the Alliance.
    And an ardent pacifist with a history of "turning the other cheek"

He's extremely fucking stressed out rn, and has raged a ton prior to N'zoth's release.
    True. Now that you mention it he's been acting OOC for a while now. To me that suggests that N'zoth has been working on him for a while, since even before he was released.

This is most definitely NOT OOC for him.
    The entire point of the punch at the start of the video is to highlight Wrathion's revelation at the end of the video. The devs are basically telling us outright that Anduin is being influenced by N'zoth and Anduin realises this as the video ends.

To add to what others said, during the line where Wrathion says "He will manipulate your emotions", the camera shows Anduin looking down and unclenching his fist.

Not just the punch, but Anduin's attitude, snide remarks towards Shaw and SI:7, being annoyed by Magni's arrival... everything is showing that Anduin is suffering from N'Zoth's influence without realizing it until Wrathion says as much. Until now we've only seen Anduin show kindness and understanding towards those he surrounds himself with so it's an intentionally clear contrast.

In addition, after the scene "I apologize for my conduct earlier. I was not myself."

Wrathion was responsible for WoD.

........ we should all be punching him

Chill. Most people wouldn’t immediately know either.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mcneil View Post
    wrathion was responsible for wod.

........ We should all be punching him
    bash the wrath bash the wrath