Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If Character transfers/Faction/Race changes dropped to $5 would you use a lot more?

Would you use Faction/race/transfer
    if they dropped the
    costs to something like $5 ?

Or current rate service charges were not per character but per instance - i.e.paying for the service opens as many of your characters as you want to have the changes applied e.g. pay for a faction change and you can faction change as many of your toons as you want for up to 24 hrs or in that instance.

Do you reckon they'd make more money? i.e. would you use these services a lot more?
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-15 at 12:55 PM.

The cosmetic change items in FF are cheap they even give you one at the end of the main story

5 for character stuff 10 to server hop 12.50 for combo or even 10 includes faction/race change on move

Probably yea.

With the current pricing, I would not use most of those services at all. Well maybe only race/name change but even that in extreme cases.
    Server transfer would be like 200 bucks for all my characters, so it it came to that, I'd rather level them again. But then again, I'm not the type of player cash shops and services like that are aimed for anyway. Now that I think about it, I've actually never bought any MTX stuff from any game ever for real money, just sometimes for gold -> tokens-> services/cash shop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be a time limit. Like if I were to buy a realm transfer, that would entitle one realm transfer per character on my account. Once transfered, I wouldn't be able to transfer that same character again unless I bought another boost. However, I would be able to transfer any character I wanted within a 24 hour time limit. Because as it stands now, if I wanted to transfer my 12 characters to a more active realm, I would be stuck paying $300. Sure I could always level new characters, but considering we're at the end of this expansion and there's tedious essence grinds, I don't feel motivated to take that task load on.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

10 chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Cost is rediculous as it stands for transfers. It is such a simple process for them but I guess they have their reasons.

Absolutely. They are currently not making any money off me through character services, because they are priced so steeply.

With the discount however, I will be race changing 2 characters..
    If they permanently priced services at FFXIV levels, for example, I would be restructuring all of my accounts. Moving characters between them, mainly.

Ergo, they would make far more money off me through services if they priced them more reasonably.

Yes. A sale of 25 down to 17 is not enough. I would use the race and faction changes far more often.

Im disgusted that it has a price to begin with. I have to fucking pay extra to play the game with a new guild? FUCK YOU blizzard.

They should remove all restrictions on mythic raiding and guild invites. Its fucking 2020, we arent stuck on a physical server anymore.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

No, I only use these services out of necessity... like once every 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im disgusted that it has a price to begin with. I have to fucking pay extra to play the game with a new guild? FUCK YOU blizzard.

They should remove all restrictions on mythic raiding and guild invites. Its fucking 2020, we arent stuck on a physical server anymore.
    You could as well find a guild on your current server.
    Albeit based on your attitude and language I can see that the amount of guilds willing to take you is probably severely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

Albeit based on your attitude and language I can see that the amount of guilds willing to take you is probably severely limited.
    you really cant if you play a certain way.

want to tank a mythic raid? good luck getting 1 out of the ~50 spots on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    if they dropped the

Or current rate service charges were not per character but per instance - i.e. every time you purchased, you could change 1 or All your characterson that day - you have to pay again if you wanted to do another one at a later date, but you'd be able to change as many as you liked.

Do you reckon they'd make more money? i.e. would you use these services a lot more?
    Have you considered that they dont WANT everyone, and their brother and their dog to use the these services all the time? Perhaps, they are priced in a way to allow you the option, but not to encourage a flood of use.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

Thats not the problem at all, im the most wholesome person youll ever meet. Except when im on the forum hining about corporate practices i dislike. I become just like a stressed dad int raffic then xD

Anyhow, the problem is obviously that many servers have a limited number of guilds (read zero) willing to push mythic progression, especially on alliance side. I can't help but feel like blizzard are crows feasting on the misfortunate players stuck on the dead realms they created.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Have you considered that they dont WANT everyone, and their brother and their dog to use the these services all the time? Perhaps, they are priced in a way to allow you the option, but not to encourage a flood of use.
    That doesn't make sense. The service is free in China, , and it's not as if the computer strugglels to do the request

I am almost certain that SE makes more money from making their race changes 10 bucks than Blizzard does from making theirs almost 30

They would be used by more players, but probably not more money.
    Dropping from 25 to 5 would require 5x the current service just to make the same money.

I would not. For all my characters their race and faction is part of their identity. After faction or race change it just wouldn't be the same character anymore. As for realm transfer. I don't feel the need to move. I don't realy raid becasue i don't want to dedicate my evening on a schedule. I don't play the Auction House, just sell some things from time to time or buy staff I need. So I don't care that much about the economy or available guilds. Everything else is cross realm.

The only realm transfer I would consider is maybe moving all my chars to one realm after Blizzard removed realm character limit. But still it would cost a lot with that price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    if they dropped the

Or current rate service charges were not per character but per instance - i.e. every time you purchased, you could change 1 or All your characterson that day - you have to pay again if you wanted to do another one at a later date, but you'd be able to change as many as you liked.

Nope. I use it, when I need it, no more no less.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Absolutely. They are currently not making any money off me through character services, because they are priced so steeply.

With the discount however, I will be race changing 2 characters..
    If they permanently priced services at FFXIV levels, for example, I would be restructuring all of my accounts. Moving characters between them, mainly.

Ergo, they would make far more money off me through services if they priced them more reasonably.
    Agreed. I wish the transfers were cheaper, I'd love to pour all my characters onto one server instead of the 3 or 4 they're currently spread across.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    I would not. For all my characters their race and faction is part of their identity. After faction or race change it just wouldn't be the same character anymore. As for realm transfer. I don't feel the need to move. I don't realy raid becasue i don't want to dedicate my evening on a schedule. I don't play the Auction House, just sell some things from time to time or buy staff I need. So I don't care that much about the economy or available guilds. Everything else is cross realm.

The only realm transfer I would consider is maybe moving all my chars to one realm after Blizzard removed realm character limit. But still it would cost a lot with that price.
    Ah i see. I have maostly made do with my characters as they are, if i need a new one, sure, it saves time to simply transfer or faction change, but it is so costly that even though i can easily afford it (price of a pizza) i just refuse, I see it instead as 3-4 months subscription and i just put up with what i have.

Yes, it's retarded a faction/realm transfer costs more than the game itself. I mean come on.