Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Arrow As long as you have scaling raids/dungeons, I won't do them

I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

Shadowlands, same stupid scaling systems.

How exactly is it fun to do the same boss fight again with higher HP/DPS?

EDIT:
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.

What we need is some raids being easy (early ones) and some being hard (last raid of the expansion). Then guilds can get stuck at whatever skill level they are at. It's completely OK that Method beats the early raids in a week.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2020-01-15 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

That's all well and good but given how long we've had scaling systems in game I'd hazard a guess that Blizz decided keeping more players engaged with scaling systems is more profitable than keeping a tiny minority of the game happy by not including them at all.

You should have just said you have no idea about HC raiding and left this thread unposted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    That's all well and good but given how long we've had scaling systems in game I'd hazard a guess that Blizz decided keeping more players engaged with scaling systems is more profitable than keeping a tiny minority of the game happy by not including them at all.
    Most people don't care if there is multiple or 1 difficulty. They don't think further than "Am I having fun?". That's the extent of their logic. They don't say "I only have fun if we have 4 difficulties and unlimited dungeon scaling", do they?

And I think more people would say they are having fun if the dungeon and raid system was "I do this so I can beat this next boss".

So you want WOTLK 5 mans where we kill a boss in 7 sec's with arcane mage :P? Yes 7 secs...I had a few bosses die under 10 secs end of wotlk.

Scaling just enables loot rewards to also scale.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people like the extra challenge. Has been this way since many years ago when other games introduced Easy Mode and Hard Mode and whatever. First, you chose some difficulty that best suits you, then after you're comfortable, you do the harder one. Since WoW is a mmo-rpg, most players will be fine with repeating boss fights. It's expected in the genre.

And that's not even the purpose of having all those difficulties. They'r there so that people don't get blocked by a instance's difficulty. This way, every player can see the instance in whatever difficulty that suits their needs.

What? Ulduar is widely considered one of the best raids Blizz has ever had very much in part thanks to the way hard modes were implemented.

If your only motivation to clear a raid is to be "beat it" then I can't imagine your the type that would happily sit there wiping on the same boss 450 times for 3 weeks in which case scaling is perfect for you as it gives you the opportunity to do exactly what you want.

On top of this, what is your alternative solution? They remove every tier but heroic and offer zero challenge or they make it mythic only in which case only 0.01% of players even see the content? The comparison to TBC/Classic is a failed one simply because the caliber of player has drastically increased (see classic servers), normal raids these days have more mechanics than those raids used to have.

Oh and also the notion that it's "the same boss fight with higher HP/DPS" is laughable. From a gameplay point of view they may as well be entirely different encounters.

I'm not entirely sure what it is your asking for and I feel you don't know either, maybe your just bored of WoW?

Most people don't care if there is multiple or 1 difficulty.
    and you answered yourself, there are groups who like certain difficulty and by having more difficulties they can do the one they like, nobody is forcing them to do any other...
    then there are people who want more difficulties, and by this approach of multiple diffs majority is happy
    and M+ is probably most appreciated feature they put to game in a decade, soif you dont like it, dont do it, but you are in an very small minority

yea, good point on heroic/mythic. I dont know it is now a days, but back when I raided last time (cata) there sure was big difference in gameplay on bosses depending on normal, heroic etc. Heroic Ragnaros of course comes to mind...Its completely different, also due to the end phase.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

you realize if they only had one difficulty it would likely be more like LFR for raids and normal for dungeons than HC or Mythic? Since that is what the bulk of the players seem to run (last i read anything on it)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Most people don't care if there is multiple or 1 difficulty. They don't think further than "Am I having fun?". That's the extent of their logic. They don't say "I only have fun if we have 4 difficulties and unlimited dungeon scaling", do they?

And I think more people would say they are having fun if the dungeon and raid system was "I do this so I can beat this next boss".
    Would mythic/heroic raiders have fun in LFR difficulty dungeons/raids? Doubtful. And the other way - would LFR people have fun in heroic/mythic difficulty dungeons/raids? Again, doubtful. Multiple difficulties allow all kinds of players to play something they find fun. Having only one difficulty puts off SOME groups of players.

No one is forcing you to replay the same dungeon/raid over and over on higher difficulty. If you're just interested in lore, you can play your LFR, and be done with it. But some people play the game for the challenging fights, and you can't have challenging fights with only one difficulty, because way too many people absolutely CAN'T rise to the challenge, and would therefore be completely excluded from raiding, which would make it stupid for Blizzard to devote too much resources to raids, if only a small fraction of playerbase could experience it. AND if they lowered the difficulty so everyone could do it? Barely anyone would after a while, because there would be exactly zero challenge, like in LFR. Your idea is basically lose-lose, while the current system is (mostly) win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You should have just said you have no idea about HC raiding and left this thread unposted.
    also this
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You should have just said you don't have any arguments on this topic and that you want to act cool cuz you raid the 2nd easiest difficulty in the game and left this comment unposted.

I agree they have way too much difficulties going on. LFR should be on Normal level, Normal on HC mode and HC on Mythic even. As only a small % does mythic I don't know why that is such a large focus.

You should have just said you don't have any arguments on this topic and that you want to act cool cuz you raid the 2nd easiest difficulty in the game and left this comment unposted.
    That's the saltiest "no u" I have ever read

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupidest post I've read in a long time.

Did you know? Method don't do LFR or Normal - they skip it completely.

"I Only want to do things once"

Then don't do LFR (or play an MMO) - LFR isn't a problem. If you think LFR is a big deal, you have never raided in a good guild anyway. Lich King normal was targeted to casual players. LFR makes it so the bottom of the barrel can try the bosses and have fun. You have in no way beat the raid if you do LFR.

If you are a level below casual, you can go do LFR and feel that you have beat the game. You are here, OP. So perhaps that is your level.

If you are casual, you go do Normal. If you beat Normal you have beat the game as a casual.

If you are casual+ you do Heroic. If you beat Heroic you have beat the game as a casual+ and feel accomplished with that.

If you are more hardcore, you do Mythic. If you beat Mythic you have beat the game as a more hardcore raider and feel accomplished with that.

Depending on the conditions above, you have beat the game. You going LFR has nothing to do with the game design itself. It's basically a difficulty setting and you choosing to play it "Very Easy" isn't Blizzard's fault.

I find it funny that the worst PvE players are always the ones to complain.

If you think having 0,5% of the population being able to see a boss is acceptable, then you're a special kind of breed.

In addition to this, Ulduar has been hailed as one of the best raids ever, and that was with hardmode buttons. Firefighter anyone?
    Last edited by Revelations; 2020-01-15 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering mmo's arent supposed to be played like: "kill boss once and youre done", its probably youre own fault, not to mention that you also dont have todo lfr, nm, hc and mythic all together.

If one difficulty about classic is the best part, then why are people complaining like super early that theres nothing todo at late game.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-01-15 at 01:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Best parts of WoW are Classic and TBC? Hahahah Id say worst xd and I played both.

I read all post and...whats your problem ?

TFW someone is upset about entirely optional difficulty scaling.

Blizz added these for a reason. They are to appeal to different segments of the playerbase. If you don't want to play hardmode you don't have to. If you don't want to play LFR faceroll you don't have to. It's up to you. I love it and entirely approve.

This is a weird problem.

You get upset by goals you set yourself.

This is not like flying where you cannot be competetive walking when everyone is flying. This is just a goal you set yourself and get upset, that there are other possibilities for poeple with higher/lower goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So you want WOTLK 5 mans where we kill a boss in 7 sec's with arcane mage :P? Yes 7 secs...I had a few bosses die under 10 secs end of wotlk.

Scaling just enables loot rewards to also scale.
    That's not what he's saying. Read again.