Poll: Is Voided Anduin better than regular Anduin?

Thread: 8.3 Cinematic

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anduin should've ordered for Wrathion's head to be put on a pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In the future, don't make polls like this - a poll should have cogent options without "gotcha" type answers as in this thread's poll.
    Please tell me it was something else before you commented this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    That punch though....... prelude to an epic tickle fight?
    Nothing (re)kindles the flames like a good punch at the right time
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Oh, yeah, it is out of character. Regular Anduin would just calmly hear him out and carry on and bring up teh fact that Wrathion fucked everything up for years on end about as often as he brings up the night elf barbecue having more than one cook. That's kind of the problem with the character. Still, those two minutes brought me more enjoyment out of his character than the entirety of his role in BFA and its adjacent material up to this point.

That and Wrathion getting punched is a highlight. Even if I can't tell if Wrathion was glowing because of the Light in the punch or if that was his true form peeking through.

@Tenebra the War Criminal

It's also human. Seeing someone who last you know smugly freed the guy who'd waged war on your people and broke every bone in your body, triggering a chain of events that lead to your dad's death and the loss of countless lives would not make you happy, especially if he pretends nothing happened.
    No? This is the man who tried to have a talk with Garrosh when he could have just punched him, and Garrosh is the one who broke every bone in his body.

Anduin is not prone to wroth or anger. That's just not Anduin is. You don't want to see Anduin, you want to see a brute who is the perfect copy of an orc with the name Anduin attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    "Our armies..."

"Will be useless...", Wrathion points to Anduin's head. "N'Zoth will strike here..."

"Oh, if only we had, I don't know... some kind of elite force able to control the void and keep its influence at bay... Or at least one whose soldier's very bodies are infused with the power that negates the Void altogether... Yes, unfortunately, our armies will be useless."
    There is no indication that the Ren'dorei have learned how to shield others from the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    No? This is the man who tried to have a talk with Garrosh when he could have just punched him, and Garrosh is the one who broke every bone in his body.

Anduin is not prone to wroth or anger. That's just not Anduin is. You don't want to see Anduin, you want to see a brute who is the perfect copy of an orc with the name Anduin attached to him.
    I mean, the first part is true, guilty as charged - I'd rather not see Anduin. But I take offense to that last part. No, as funny as it'd be for Anduin to hit the gym and become King Chin 2, that's not what would be good. What would be good is an inexperienced teenager put through an emotional wringer actually acting the part and losing his self-confidence or composure occasionally. A situation of this magnitude is an ideal moment for it, much like 7.2 was regarding his dad, or Tyrande telling him to take his peace and shove it up his ass is a bit later on, having him insist to Genn that peace 'must work' in the tone of voice of someone assuring himself and not others.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one question - will Wrathion turn out to be WoW' Jaffar or Anduin's husbando.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Anduin isn't really one to let his emotions get the better of him - and his demeanor before Wrathion arrives even displays irritation and shortness of temper, so the tableau is painted that he's not quite himself. That aside Wrathion getting punched in the face by Anduin was deeply satisfying to watch, Old God corruption or not.
    I have a feeling it was pure Anduin. He betrayed his trust in War Crimes and that led to the death of his father. I think he was actually pissed at him and the corruption began afterwards

Bit of Varian coming out. Loved it.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Is it just me or is there something really weird about Wrathion's model? It makes me really uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Is it just me or is there something really weird about Wrathion's model? It makes me really uncomfortable.
    Its human model using a blood elf skeleton rig

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I have a feeling it was pure Anduin. He betrayed his trust in War Crimes and that led to the death of his father. I think he was actually pissed at him and the corruption began afterwards
    Well, "pure Anduin" was the BfA Opening Cinematic one. He also acted with anger and fury to kill the troll but repented afterward. Pure Anduin is pacifist.
    But Pure Anduin is also human with feelings, he was totally legit to punch that bastard in the face, I don't think that denoted of any sort of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Accept him as the only true alpha male and you'll feel better

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure I’d chalk it all up N’Zzy. There’s a grain of truth in every lie, and a moment of weakness for the void to exploit doesn’t null his sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I mean, the first part is true, guilty as charged - I'd rather not see Anduin. But I take offense to that last part. No, as funny as it'd be for Anduin to hit the gym and become King Chin 2, that's not what would be good. What would be good is an inexperienced teenager put through an emotional wringer actually acting the part and losing his self-confidence or composure occasionally. A situation of this magnitude is an ideal moment for it, much like 7.2 was regarding his dad, or Tyrande telling him to take his peace and shove it up his ass is a bit later on, having him insist to Genn that peace 'must work' in the tone of voice of someone assuring himself and not others.
    He doesn't need to hit the gym though? He's pretty ripped for a 18 years old.

But Anduin is not supposed to be an inexperienced teenager. Again, that's not who he is. He was already described as wise beyond his years, and has experience as King because he was one in Classic. And even if you're going to say that he wasn't the de-facto monarch of the realm, he still watched Bolvar and the nobles rule, so he probably learned even more things from him.

If anything, his doubt in 7.2 didn't come because he thought he didn't know how to rule, but because he thought he wouldn't be as beloved and efficient as Varian was.

Again, the narrative is pretty clear in this regard. Anduin punching Wrathion conveys the insidious influence of N'Zoth. It's not Anduin, it's the opposite of him. Anduin is not prone to wroth or ire. He is diplomatic and always tries to reason with people first.

There is no indication that the Ren'dorei have learned how to shield others from the Void.
    But they can shield themselves. How come an elite force of void wielders have no use in this patch?
    Whatever...

It’s in the opening crawl when you make a new void elf...
    No? Alleria only says that they will use the Void to defend the world, not that they can shield others from the corruption of the Void.

No? Alleria only says that they will use the Void to defend the world, not that they can shield others from the corruption of the Void.
    I rewrote my post because I had misread yours.

“But they can shield themselves. How come an elite force of void wielders have no use in this patch?”
    Whatever...

But they can shield themselves. How come an elite force of void wielders have no use in this patch?
    Because Ny'alotha is not a quest zone and this isn't the Light and Void expansion?

Because Ny'alotha is not a quest zone and this isn't the Light and Void expansion?
    You have a whole campaign in this patch. There’s plenty of places where more than Magni and Wrathion could have a role.

And now we need to wait for the “Light and Void expansion”? It’s amazing how useless void elves and lightforged are, as they can only be important in some FAR-off hypothetical feature.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-01-15 at 01:47 PM.
    Whatever...

You have a whole campaign in this patch. There’s plenty of places where more than Magninand Wrathion could have a role.

And now we need to wait for the “Light and Void expansion”? It’s amazing how useless void elves and lightforged are, as they can only be important in some FAR-off hypothetical feature.
    And dozens of characters who would make sense to be involved in the Old God plot are not involved. That's nothing surprising. Blizzard cannot involve everyone and usually keeps a limited active cast of characters, as all stories do. Since we know that they are interested in a Light and Void expansion, it's blatantly clear that they are storing Alleria for later.

Also, uhm, how is that unique to Ren'dorei and Lightforged exactly? Their themes and lore revolves around the cosmic conflict, so obviously when there will be a cosmic expansion they'll be involved. And this is nothing new either. The Forsaken had no major role in the storyline until WotLK, where it made sense for them to be on the vanguard and the game actually allowed it. In the Kel'thuzad patch, they did nothing even if it was about dethroning Kel'thuzad (the one who started the Plague in the first place) and ending the Scourge presence in Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Baine in SW makes me sick. Sylvanas should have executed that trailer asap she had a chance.
    And people say Sylvanas is traitor.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.