Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you're affected negatively by these changes then you are the problem with this community and WoW. You toxic players need to leave asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    If you're affected negatively by these changes then you are the problem with this community and WoW. You toxic players need to leave asap.
    This. I smile whenever Blizzard makes a change which prohibits bad players from griefing others and they have the audacity to complain about it.

#somechanges, finally

lul "controlling gy" if you controlled the GY you'd cap it. If you can't, you don't have control, you are spawn camping. What a load of bs lol

Camping gy = denying enemy forces = win, so fuck that, if you get camped at gy its your own fault. The only thing that would be considered griefing is getting stun locked, poly, and just denied action due to trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Doesn't this not fix the issue then since they are honor capped anyway thus don't care about honorless target?
    Yep. That’s the point. Somehow Blizzard thinks the graveyard camping is because of honor????
    Like no, we camp graveyards to lock down the players there. Alliance waiting for Iceblood and Tower Point to cap? Farm the horde (me because I’m horde) at IBGY so they can’t do anything to stop you. It has NOTHING to do with honor farming lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Thing is, I have lost maybe 3-4 AVs in the last month im the “best” discord. These turtles literally never succeed. When the horde rush LTs they got 2500ish bonus honor for a 7 minute game, when they turtle and we break it, they get 200-500 bonus honor, almost no kills, and a 12-14 minute loss. Im sure in Grizzly games its even worse for them... but what are you going to do ������������*♂️ Its my last week of “pvp ranking” and idgaf ������✔️
    Horde never win a rush to the boss. You're complaining about the other team trying to win. Some people still want rep, and don't care at all about honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    This. I smile whenever Blizzard makes a change which prohibits bad players from griefing others and they have the audacity to complain about it.
    It doesn’t even prohibit anything though.

Nobody is farming players in spawns because of honor. They do it to lock down the player’s ability to play the game thus winning more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    What the hell?

This will affect normal BGs in every match. Let's say are trying to take their GY but they keep spawning to defend the flag, you kill them and try to cap it but you won't get honor anymore. How is this completely normal BG behavior toxic?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    What the hell?

This will affect normal BGs in every match. Let's say are trying to take their GY but they keep spawning to defend the flag, you kill them and try to cap it but you won't get honor anymore. How is this completely normal BG behavior toxic?
    Which is not always the case, people spawn camp the GY without trying to cap. I've seen it, anyone who's played more than 10 BGs has seen it. It's a thing that people do because it's fun for them and is a very griefing thing to do because it's not unpreventable by the person spawning unless they don't spawn. I've been camped by a group of 5 in AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Which is not always the case, people spawn camp the GY without trying to cap. I've seen it, anyone who's played more than 10 BGs has seen it. It's a thing that people do because it's fun for them and is a very griefing thing to do because it's not unpreventable by the person spawning unless they don't spawn. I've been camped by a group of 5 in AV.
    That kind of GY camping happens maybe 1 in 100 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the change, but don't say false shit like this at the same time "If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions".

It was fun GY camping Horde though, fucking turtles.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near that amount.

I highly disagree but everyone has their own experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Camping gy = denying enemy forces = win, so fuck that, if you get camped at gy its your own fault. The only thing that would be considered griefing is getting stun locked, poly, and just denied action due to trolling.
    Which is what is happening the GY spawn camp. People can’t do anything cause they are just being spawn camped, just like how people can’t die to CC lock in your example. How is this different?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    It was probably low-hanging fruit to the devs. Cowardly behavior isn't brave just because justice takes time to find it nor does trying to sugarcoat it by calling it something like "GY controlling".
    Blizzard doesn't care about cowardly behaviour. People can still be in a group of 5 and jump someone questing alone. PvP is still about preventing players from playing the game. Rogues can still vanish out of fights they start. Most of the game is based around supporting coward behaviours in every pvp situations. Almost every single honorable action is punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Lol what the actual fuck. Camping the GY in AV Vanilla was a legitimate Strategy and often a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

....but it did happen in original WoW. Quite a fucking lot.
    When it happened in original WoW, did they camp the GY and not bother with objectives? Because that's the reason this happened.

It's not a legitimate tactic if you're intentionally not trying to win.

- - - Updated - - -

You just described legitimate crowd control and called it griefing while completing ignoring the fact that this change is aimed at people who are deliberately trying to extend the game by not winning.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    TBH, I didn't see this happen frequently until probably Wrath. And even then I mostly saw it in WSG and AB.

Just because you liked to do it doesn't make it common.

I don't really think this fixes the problem since those players were not doing it for honor anyway. The real problem blizzard needs to address is the honor system itself which has been wreaking havoc on classic since P2 launched. Blizzard should change the system so it inspires less toxicity and crappy practices. Right now its literally set up as a race to the bottom because of the within-faction competition. What blizzard should do is set their own "honor caps" and have anyone above those caps progress in ranking regardless of what others do.

If they don't you're going to keep this insane "industry" of discords with hundreds of people on them farming premade AV, while at the same time doing damage to regular queues by constantly dropping games as well as other toxic stuff like the graveyard farming you saw in this case.
    Classic will be worse off for it and more people will just quit, with only the most toxic remaining.

Before you try I also don't give a crap about your idiotic mantra of nochanges, the game is played in a different way now and the game is far worse off because of it. Fix it so it stays fun in 2020 and beyond.

I wish they'd just outright permaban anyone whose idea of fun is to restrict the fun of others, no matter what way you do it in. Half of you would never play a game again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Increadible. Everything you just said, was wrong.

Camping a Graveyard without capping the graveyard, is not making an effort to win. I'm not sure if you noticed, but AV isn't winnable by one person alone like in WSG. You need a good set number of people to win it. But in order to have those numbers, you can't camp a graveyard. Therefore, you're griefing the enemy, because you're not making an effort to win, just waste their time, and yours.

What you consider griefing, is just an interaction with a rogue, and it sounds like it was your own fault for being stunlocked by that rogue.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana