Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "You telling me archimonde throwing guldan throu the portal is not canon, even thou it led to the entire legion expansion? :P

Even the mythic version had the archimonde death on draenor cinematic in the end!"

He fell in the Nether, and he died in a Fel saturated area that was linked with the Nether. So, yes. He's dead...

Ehhh no not at all.

Was too easy too fast, victory too guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah that's why they arnt bringing back class quests really... They said they learned from it that not many people play alts to experience story. As to experience all of legion you had to level 1 of each class. Sorta why wod seemed a bit small. Cause unless you played both factions, you missed like 40% of the story.
    It would have been a different case if new alts started at 100 and the class quests were an actual continuous campaign.

Such wouldn't work if you had to level from 1 to110 just to experience the other class quest where that content is just a minor variation of the one you've had.

Woudl be a totally different story if it was a well presented intresting campaign, and you ahd the shadwolands type levelling path.

Everybody losing their mind over Archimonde. Meanwhile, I'm still miffed that Rakeesh wasn't used more and truly died because he brought one fel-infused mecha which didn't even explode !

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given the revelations in Legion regarding Antorus and the use of the World-Soul of Argus to empower demonic resurrection, it's more an open guess as ever as to the "true death" of Archimonde if you ask me. I think the most suitable answer is "we don't know." He could be well and truly dead, or he could be in the Twisting Nether licking his wounds.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given the revelations in Legion regarding Antorus and the use of the World-Soul of Argus to empower demonic resurrection, it's more an open guess as ever as to the "true death" of Archimonde if you ask me. I think the most suitable answer is "we don't know." He could be well and truly dead, or he could be in the Twisting Nether licking his wounds.
    I said it before and i will say it again, we are dealing with Schrödinger's Archimonde, we can't tell for sure until we open the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I said it before and i will say it again, we are dealing with Schrödinger's Archimonde, we can't tell for sure until we open the box.
    Basically the same box that contained Sargeras until Legion, yes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    You telling me archimonde throwing guldan throu the portal is not canon, even thou it led to the entire legion expansion? :P

Even the mythic version had the archimonde death on draenor cinematic in the end!

- - - Updated - - -

We were in the nether, but even the mythic version of the fight shows us the cinematic of him dying on draenor, and he never reaches 0%. And given that him throwing guldan throu that portal led to the entire Legion expansion im pretty confident that the cinematic is canon.

- - - Updated - - -

they have? How did they spinn that? Given that we did have a legion expansion, that cinematic feels kinda set in stone as canon.

You got a source?
    I posted a source in page 3 of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

The most suitable answer is the word of a dev. Not your headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Everybody losing their mind over Archimonde. Meanwhile, I'm still miffed that Rakeesh wasn't used more and truly died because he brought one fel-infused mecha which didn't even explode !
    What can you expect from someone who was named "butcher" by his loving father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    The most suitable answer is the word of a dev. Not your headcanon.
    Given that the Devs have already said his fate is open to speculation, that's really all we have. So it goes.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-15 at 02:56 PM.

Given that the Devs have already said his fate is open to speculation, that's really all we have. So it goes.
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    He is saying that MAY BE they will reconsider archimonde's fate in the future but right now he is dead and considering he is speaking of retconning the whole "demons die permanently in the twisting nether" which is obviuslly not going to happen, i wouldnt keep my hopes up. Even the guys at wowpedia list archimonde as dead.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2020-01-15 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    He is saying that MAY BE they will reconsider archimonde's fate in the future but right now he is dead and considering he is speaking of retconning the whole "demons die permanently in the twisting nether" which is obviuslly not going to happen, i wouldnt keep my hopes up. Even the guys at wowpedia list archimonde as dead.
    This was the position *before* we learned about Argus and its effect on demonic resurrection - how it intersects with Archimonde, if it does at all, is an unknown. If you think it's conclusive then that's fine - I don't. But again, it's pretty much up in the air either way, and as stated they could reverse course at any time even if it is concluded he's definitely dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    You telling me archimonde throwing guldan throu the portal is not canon, even thou it led to the entire legion expansion? :P

Even the mythic version had the archimonde death on draenor cinematic in the end!

- - - Updated - - -

We were in the nether, but even the mythic version of the fight shows us the cinematic of him dying on draenor, and he never reaches 0%. And given that him throwing guldan throu that portal led to the entire Legion expansion im pretty confident that the cinematic is canon.

- - - Updated - - -

they have? How did they spinn that? Given that we did have a legion expansion, that cinematic feels kinda set in stone as canon.

You got a source?
    I never said i had a source I thought I've heard it in a interview or something....my god I'm not about to slog thought that must shit to find that lol!

- - - Updated - - -

With that in mind could we say that if he is alive he may either end up freeing Sargeras or try to take Sargeras's spot as the leader of the burning legion? That would be really interesting either way I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I assumed he chose that name himself when he turned.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I assumed he chose that name himself when he turned.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=127867/echo-of-rakeesh

And before you say that its just so we can recognize him, every other echo of known demon uses their pre-legion name.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Off topic: you make entirely too many topics.
    And it's not JUST that, but every fucking one of them reads like a god damn dissertation.

Kil'jaeden called him that. Not Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Kil'jaeden called him that. Not Velen
    Two posts up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rakeesh is a name he chose when he became Sargerei. Remember in the instance where you fight him with Velen, he didn't even know who he was until it was too late. Exarch Orthaar changes his name to Socrethar when he turns. Most of them do, with the primary exclusions of Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and a scant few others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Two posts up.
    Yeah, yeah. I thin that is more for gameplay reasons than anything. Since they never say what his original name was. I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Good, you responded, now I want to know when you are going to respond to the post that explains how wrong you are.
    Didn't see that until after I replied, but that said are you always this abrasive? Because that kind of response makes me more want to say "go fuck yourself" than give you any more of my time.