Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But didn't you get the memo? Blizzard lies and when they have numbers they are too dumb to interpret them. Also Ion wants to kill the game, because he is pig-headed in his vision. Because that is how companies work.
    While I can detect the sarcasm, what you mentioned is how companies go bankrupt. And there have been a large number of previously successful companies to go bankrupt due to a change in management personnel/key people in general who were unable to preform their job as well or as effectively as their predecessors. It can, at times, be a quick process, but also it can be a process that takes several decades before the company finally shuts its doors for the last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Do you only roam these forums to defend any criticism towards Blizzard? Thats the only thing I've seen you do here tbh.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I am opponent of petulant whining. Please do show me where I'm 'defending' Blizzard, because I'm pretty sure that if I'm questioning the wisdom of giving Blizzard money thats shades to the opposite... As does telling people to stop giving their money to them...
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2020-01-15 at 08:43 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    At least remove the hint that not all slots are filled then. I cba to grind more than one essence on my alts and that goddamn warning keeps popping up whatever I do.
    low key most hated thing in BFA lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You are out of your mind thinking that running LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic each week with multiple alts is fun. Protip: Its not.
    Or doing "free" M+ boosts - its not.
    I enjoyed running pointless raids for AP, Titanforge and leggos hellofalot more than bfa essence content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    this is correct.

but the issue this causes is that there won't be a Flarelaine fury warrior or a Flarelaine frost mage for people to play with. it will just be Flarelaine's main that people get to play with and once Flarelaine is tired of playing his/her main then he/she will log off and someone who would have liked to play with Flarelaine's fury warrior or with Flarelaine's frost mage gets the short end of the stick.
    You are clearly biased. If we made the effort to get the reward, why do we have to do it again? It's not like doing it more than once is fun, this is a game and it should be but isn't. It's a grind and making people do grindy chores multiple times for little payoff is bad design.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I used to play 3 chars actively before 8.2, after 8.2 I tried play all 3, but I hit the grind wall for essences, because without them you are not able play last content (m+, raids..). So from 8.2 I play only one character and after I am done with daily things I log off and play something else instead of playing alts.. They expected more playing time, they got less playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    You are clearly biased. If we made the effort to get the reward, why do we have to do it again? It's not like doing it more than once is fun, this is a game and it should be but isn't. It's a grind and making people do grindy chores multiple times for little payoff is bad design.
    You made the effort to get the rewards for that one character. You got it for that one character.

what is all this utter nonsense about "the alts of hardcore players enable the mains of casuals" who ever thought of that shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by CreamySheev View Post
    what is all this utter nonsense about "the alts of hardcore players enable the mains of casuals" who ever thought of that shit lol
    a hardcore player is ANYONE who has 1 character at high item level and has one or more alts.

as soon as this hardcore player is gearing his alts he will interact with the mains of the casuals => more groups to join for casuals.

pretty simple.

edit: common misconception: while world first raiders and gladiator arena players are hardcore players, they are first and foremost competitive players. and not every hardcore player has to be competitive. can't go deeper than that for now. this'll have to do.
    Last edited by Rinnegan2; 2020-01-15 at 10:38 AM.

Because of the Essence system i am leveling characters in hopes that Shadowlands may be good(not gonna pre order till i see Beta) and then unsubbing. Outside of Vulpera, experiencing the 8.3 content is pointless to me because hate the idea of grinding essences.

8.3 won't bring people back very long because 8.2 is actively keeping them away. I honestly believe 8.3 is only for people who grinded essences.

Every patch just keeps adding more bullshit that you have to grind out. First it was AP and needing to find the right azerite pieces. Then essences. Now it's the stupid cloak and getting the right corrupted gear.

Why would I want to do this on alts when it's not even fun to do on my main? This is all just pointless time wasting for the time played metric and it shows.

If people stuck to 1 main, noone would complain about this. The game is supposed to be engaging enough to love it with only 1 character for several hours a day. The fact that you need to have "4 mains" is the problem, not account wide essences.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    If people stuck to 1 main, noone would complain about this. The game is supposed to be engaging enough to love it with only 1 character for several hours a day. The fact that you need to have "4 mains" is the problem, not account wide essences.
    Great, now tell that to the devs that make certain content downright unejoyable for certain classes. Both PvP and PvE, m+ and raids. And finding groups makes it that much harder. Like.. playing the game at that point is fun, it's fun to go into a raid and kill bosses, even with a pug, it's fun to do some arenas... but if I have to spend weeks farming gated content to get to the point where it's enjoyable to "just play", nah, fuck that. To be clear, if it was a really long chain or something, I don't give a damn, then it's up to me to take the time and get it done. But no, I'm not going to carve out 30+ minutes every day to get some chores done to enjoy playing in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

I don't make the effort
    But, you've already made that effort. Probably tenfold if you have only one character. You as a player have already done the hours needed to unlock that specific content.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, there are several folks ITT who apparently think that wasting a lot of time on mindless, timegated grinds equals somehow to work. They are funny
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    After reading through the last 5 pages, from what I can gather, it seems like there really needs to be some way from achievements and accomplishments on a main to support or speed up those same points on alts.

I don't necessary think "free" stuff for alts is perfect, bit neither is repeating repetitive rep grinds necessary either.

Think of how leveling works in Shadowlands, or how many raids allow you to skip forward after defeating it multiple times. These are the types of account wide sysyems we need.

For essences it REALLY seems unnecessary to require alts to slog through the grind that a main already did. That process should be sped up for alts. There really doesn't seem to be a valid argument against that.
    They literally did this in the past when you could champion reputations, it is so unbelievably stupid that they stopped that system. It kept people doing dungeons and other content to boost their alt reps.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    and that doesn't have to change.

1. the main of a hardcore player should always be the strongest.
    2. the main of a casual should be on the same level as the alt of a hardcore player, so they can play with each other.
    3. right now hardcore players don't have alts, which means casuals have way less people to play with.

we need to do everything we can to make hardcore players have alts in order to improve the experience for the casuals. and right now the fix is to make essences account-wide.
    Almost every people in my guild has at least 1 reroll which could run mythic with little to no problem. So you're simply wrong saying hardcore don't have alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They literally did this in the past when you could champion reputations, it is so unbelievably stupid that they stopped that system. It kept people doing dungeons and other content to boost their alt reps.
    Introduced, I believe, in the expansion which brought us champions Isimode and Faesrol. Not entirely a coincidence, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Introduced, I believe, in the expansion which brought us champions Isimode and Faesrol. Not entirely a coincidence, I think.
    I can't tell if this is meant to be an argument for or against anything.

The point here is that this isn't asking for something for free. A main has already done the work. So an alt should have am easier time of it. The PLAYER has done the work already.

I'd collect essences if they were account wide.
    The "people would play less" statement is plain wrong. Guy should stick the head out of his butthole and stop looking at spreadsheets for once.