Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Alterac Valley
    • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    If you sit on it the whole time without contesting it, I would call it griefing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about cowardly behaviour. People can still be in a group of 5 and jump someone questing alone. PvP is still about preventing players from playing the game. Rogues can still vanish out of fights they start. Most of the game is based around supporting coward behaviours in every pvp situations. Almost every single honorable action is punished.
    PVP is about player versus player.

Then again, some people march to the beat of their own drum and have their own definitions. I know some high schoolers who like to beat up on elementary kids and consider it "competitive contact fighting."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Lol Grizzly farmed the AV cave for 4 hours last week after they got their honor caps just to put horde in their place for causing so many turtles.
    ..yeah put them in their place for wanting to spend more than 6 minutes in a game after it takes 35 minutes in queue to get in. Those jerk hordies.

15+ Year Old Account
    why is it so hard for people to not be d**ks?

ofc... thats exactly what griefing is. It's one thing to ignore game objective like the AV bosses and just fight enemy players. It's another thing to farm honor by literally corpse-camping on a large scale and killing players en-masse by exploiting a mechanic in the game (this instance its GY spawns).

stop sugarcoating it with terms like GY CONTROL. and just because you've been the victim of it that doesn't mean its ok for it to continue.

I don't know, seems justified but weird in the greater picture.
    They didn't do jackshit when the honor system came out, when Horde started to camp Flightmasters, the Boats, but that is now considered worth of fixing?

I mean, the logic of "if this had taken place in original WoW" kinda opens up a can of worms in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    why is it so hard for people to not be d**ks?

ofc... thats exactly what griefing is. It's one thing to ignore game objective like the AV bosses and just fight enemy players. It's another thing to farm honor by literally corpse-camping on a large scale and killing players en-masse by exploiting a mechanic in the game (this instance its GY spawns).

stop sugarcoating it with terms like GY CONTROL. and just because you've been the victim of it that doesn't mean its ok for it to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    sugarcoat it by calling it something like "GY controlling".

:P

/characters

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you sit on it the whole time without contesting it, I would call it griefing.
    If you own all the gys in AV, there no way to contest the cave... bad blizzard design, enveloped in a bad ranking system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't know, seems justified but weird in the greater picture.
    They didn't do jackshit when the honor system came out, when Horde started to camp Flightmasters, the Boats, but that is now considered worth of fixing?

I mean, the logic of "if this had taken place in original WoW" kinda opens up a can of worms in itself.
    This is whats weird to me. You can get camped all day in the world, but in instance PvP its not ok? No consistency..

10+ Year Old Account

Then again, some people march to the beat of their own drum and have their own definitions. I know some high schoolers who like to beat up on elementary kids and consider it "competitive contact fighting."
    Mmm yes, quite! I, too hang out with high school kids and debate the merits of beating the shit out of even younger kids. Glad to know I’m not the only one.

I know some
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I, too hang out
    I guess they're the same. Potato, toMAHto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Doesn't this not fix the issue then since they are honor capped anyway thus don't care about honorless target?
    The wording of the change also serves as a warning about blizzard's stance on the activity. If it continues to be a problem harsher penalties will be forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

3+ Year Old Account

Having their own definition doesn't make them right. They're still wrong, they're just lying to themselves because it's easier than facing the fact that they are cowards.

Having their own definition doesn't make them right. They're still wrong, they're just lying to themselves because it's easier than facing the fact that they are cowards.
    Why? Is camping BRM griefing?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Alterac Valley
    • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    Don’t mistake yourself, it always has been.

hotfix note been updated to reflect its the Cave Spirit ressers

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Why? Is camping BRM griefing?
    That was in response to the guy saying people make their own definition of what being a coward is. Not really about the griefing thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Horde faces a backlash and blizzard rushes to the rescue as usual.

That was in response to the guy saying people make their own definition of what being a coward is. Not really about the griefing thing.
    It was also in reference to griefing. Some people do things deliberately, knowing good and well that they're just griefing but try and pretend they're not. They also like to (as myself and someone else stated), sugarcoat griefing by giving it some kind of special name.

It was also in reference to griefing. Some people do things deliberately, knowing good and well that they're just griefing but try and pretend they're not. They also like to (as myself and someone else stated), sugarcoat griefing by giving it some kind of special name.
    So, is camping BRM griefing?

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the people who camped the GY did so for honor.

And I wouldn't consider it griefing, you joined a battleground, sometimes you lose, sometimes you lose badly. You can just /afk out.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    I know reading is hard, but read these two lines slowly:
    Which makes little sense. I was not around for Vanilla but it certainly happened in tBC and even today. Didn't GY's get re-positioned to lessen the GY camping? WSG is still very vulnerable to the tactic.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.