Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm just waiting for Trump to "joke" about wanting to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Of course I'm triggered, why the fuck my country has to be in the middle of every fucking unrelated discussion EVER? Lay off already. Holy crap, we're a country of 9 million people, for God's sake, we're not a bloody center of the Earth, stars and sun do not revolve around Netanyahu and Israel. Sheesh.

Talking about Russia and Putin bullshit and you drag out Netanyahu out of fucking nowhere trying to compare his sorry ass to someone like Putin. You need to make some immense logic leaps to even tie the two together. The gap between their powers and capacities is so immense that it's a fucking joke to even mention two in same context.
    ..... how long has netenyaho been your PM? I don't think you have term limits on office (like most democracies do)

ok ok, ill be less provoking. agree/disagree. Will Netenyaho be prosecuted for his crimes if he retains his status as PM? and why is he trying so hard to maintain his position. I simply made an offhanded comment, not trying to derail the thread.
    Last edited by ohtlmtlm; 2020-01-15 at 05:18 PM.

From what I've read it seems to be that Putin is bored of doing actual government things and wants to focus on international affairs. Basically he wants to run the country without doing things like actually running the government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    ..... how long has netenyaho been your PM? I don't think you have term limits on office (like most democracies do)

ok ok, ill be less provoking. agree/disagree. Will Netenyaho be prosecuted for his crimes if he retains his status as PM? and why is he trying so hard to maintain his position. I simply made an offhanded comment, not trying to derail the thread.
    If you would have a clue what you are talking about, you would realize that Israel's democracy is pretty much a copy and paste of UK one. In UK, like in Israel, there are no limits on PM term - PM stays PM for as long as he has his party backing and his party wins elections and has biggest chance to build a coalition and a government.

It's literally one to one.

How about Germany then? Merkel is soon 15 years head of state, exactly due to same reason.

Guess UK and Germany are not democracies then.

Fucks sake, you're clueless. This is how parliamentary democracies work and worked ever.

Which is by the way why Putin conjured this scam, because his party is guaranteed to win each and every election 30 years forward, until people rise up and throw them off (just to be replaced by similar shits in Russian good tradition).
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-01-15 at 05:27 PM.

If you would have a clue what you are talking about, you would realize that Israel's democracy is pretty much a copy and paste of UK one. In UK, like in Israel, there are no limits on PM term - PM stays PM for as long as he has his party backing and his party wins elections and has biggest chance to build a coalition and a government.

It's literally one to one.

How about Germany then? Merkel is soon 15 years head of state, exactly due to same reason.

Guess UK and Germany are not democracies then.

Fucks sake, you're clueless. This is how parliamentary democracies work and worked ever.

Which is by the way why Putin conjured this scam, because his party is guaranteed to win each and every election 30 years forward, until people rise up and throw them off (just to be replaced by similar shits in Russian good tradition).
    Merkel isnt accused of financial crimes against her state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merkel isnt accused of financial crimes against her state.
    Neither is Netanyahu.

Attorney General will submit a formal accusation within 2 months. It is a process that takes time and Netanyahu is desperately trying to delay this without success.

5+ Year Old Account
    Constitution changes didn't include changing term limits last I heard, bbc just sneaked in mention about term limits to make it seem like it's connected? Tbh they don't specifically say it's part of discussion, but they decided to mention it lots, this is what msm is today, on the level of tabloids...

Why people think changing government is un-democratic in a country where highest office is president and not pm, is beyond me, gotta make everything seem nefarious..
    As for "absolute power" lulz? This is the complete opposite of having power, now posts are empty, less power is exercised, not more, during transition period.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    @Shackler what's happening in turniptopia? I thought y'all were a shining beacon of Democracy.
    Last I checked, person with the most votes wins in Russia, that doesn't happen in USA always as we have seen in the latest elections..

And I have noticed less n less Russians post here, can't blame them with the kindergarten level of discussion that is many times shown in gen off-topic threads...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-01-15 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Constitution changes didn't include changing term limits last I heard, bbc just sneaked in mention about term limits to make it seem like it's connected? Tbh they don't specifically say it's part of discussion, but they decided to mention it lots, this is what msm is today, on the level of tabloids...

Why people think changing government is un-democratic in a country where highest office is president and not pm, is beyond me, gotta make everything seem nefarious..
    As for "absolute power" lulz? This is the complete opposite of having power, now posts are empty, less power is exercised, not more, during transition period.

Last I checked, person with the most votes wins in Russia, that doesn't happen in USA always as we have seen in the latest elections..

And I have noticed less n less Russians post here, can't blame them with the kindergarten level of discussion that is many times shown in gen off-topic threads...
    You realise you are talking about Russia, a country where opposition has long been stomped into ground and everything is just a pretend game, because United Russia will win regardless?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not like he didn’t have total power beforehand so this pretty much moot anyway.
    He’s might as-well call himself the Tsar, he’s gonna be in power for life.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You realise you are talking about Russia, a country where opposition has long been stomped into ground and everything is just a pretend game, because United Russia will win regardless?
    Lol, there are more parties in Russian Parliament than there is in American, you guys are two-party system so plz don't throw stones in glass house, not much political party diversity in the US...

As for stomping opposition into the ground, perhaps you are thinking about Ukraine, hmmm? That democracy you helped destroy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, person with the most votes wins in Russia, that doesn't happen in USA always as we have seen in the latest elections.
    So happens in North Korea as well.

Actual opposition in Russia is almost non-existent, you have Commies and clowns like LDPR who are either in cahoots with United Russia or act as "opposition" by bitching at the rubber-stamping "government" (and never at the Czar, god forbid that). The real opposition is beaten down, presented almost as "enemies of the people" or "5th column" in media and has snowball's chance in Hell of actually being more than a tiny cloud in otherwise shining and clear skies for United Russia.

Russian "democracy" is as much of a scam as North Korean one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, there are more parties in Russian Parliament than there is in American, you guys are two-party system so plz don't throw stones in glass house, not much political party diversity in the US...

As for stomping opposition into the ground, perhaps you are thinking about Ukraine, hmmm? That democracy you helped destroy?
    It does not matter how many of those fringe parties you try to sell as "democratic" forces exist in Russia. Most of them are sworn lackeys of Putin and exist only as a charade, so that trolls like you can say: "But look we have many parties! Democracy!" - pray tell... did you ever seen KPRF or LDPR leaders criticize Putin? Ha ha, nope.

They do of course criticize "the government", but that "government" is nothing but a charade of its own, just like parliament - no real power or decision making.

He's been PM ever since he had the previous one murdered in the 90s, so like 30 years?

Yes I have to go there,but I'm waiting for Trump to praise this move.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was only a fake democracy as in elections did not matter and opposition was not allowed to succeed on any level.

Russian youth is getting disgruntled by this though and they are even silencing students in class rooms apparently. I do feel sorry for the Russian youth looking at such a bleak future, while life in Moscow is good everything around that is struggling financially, sadly propaganda keeps Putin popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    He's been PM ever since he had the previous one murdered in the 90s, so like 30 years?
    Not even close. Actual, non-bullshit number is about 14 years, 1 year less than Merkel.

5+ Year Old Account
    It does not matter how many of those fringe parties you try to sell as "democratic" forces exist in Russia. Most of them are sworn lackeys of Putin and exist only as a charade, so that trolls like you can say: "But look we have many parties! Democracy!" - pray tell... did you ever seen KPRF or LDPR leaders criticize Putin? Ha ha, nope.

They do of course criticize "the government", but that "government" is nothing but a charade of its own, just like parliament - no real power or decision making.
    So, you got nothing but wild accusations, is that it? They have different programs but somehow are all the same? lol ok buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Was only a fake democracy as in elections did not matter and opposition was not allowed to succeed on any level.

Russian youth is getting disgruntled by this though and they are even silencing students in class rooms apparently. I do feel sorry for the Russian youth looking at such a bleak future, while life in Moscow is good everything around that is struggling financially, sadly propaganda keeps Putin popular.
    Russia is cursed and stuck in this circle of misery for centuries. Whether it's Tzars, Secretaries, "Presidents" or "Prime Ministers" - it's all same shit in different packaging. Russians can't help themselves but being ruled by the glorious leader. There was a short time where things looked up, but it was gone and done fast.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you got nothing but wild accusations, is that it? They have different programs but somehow are all the same? lol ok buddy
    Please, buddy. I am Russian myself, I am just lucky to have moved to Israel, away from Putie's bullshit. You can powder brains of some idiot Westerner snowflake with that crap, but not me.

Their "programs" are a fucking sham and they are allowed to exist only because it gives Putin and his cronies an excuse to present Russia as "democracy", using exactly same bullshit arguments you do. A fake beyond fake.

But I mean, by all rights, go ahead - keep sucking that Putin's member. I know full well that 20 years down the road you will be pushing about how whoever comes next is the greatest thing ever and Russia is such an amazing Democracy, while blaming Putin for all your woes then.

It's how things work in Russia. They are good at toppling statues of the same people they used to praise, only to make a bunch of new statues that will also end up being toppled eventually.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-01-15 at 06:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Russia is cursed and stuck in this circle of misery for centuries. Whether it's Tzars, Secretaries, "Presidents" or "Prime Ministers" - it's all same shit in different packaging. Russians can't help themselves but being ruled by the glorious leader. There was a short time where things looked up, but it was gone and done fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, buddy. I am Russian myself, I am just lucky to have moved to Israel, away from Putie's bullshit. You can powder brains of some idiot Westerner snowflake with that crap, but not me.

Their "programs" are a fucking sham and they are allowed to exist only because it gives Putin and his cronies an excuse to present Russia as "democracy", using exactly same bullshit arguments you do. A fake beyond fake.
    Nonsense, if the communists came back in power it would be a lot different government. or if ldpr came to power it would be more like ukraine.

So, you moved to israel, an apartheid state n you point fingers, oh, this is rich

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense, if the communists came back in power it would be a lot different government. or if ldpr came to power it would be more like ukraine.
    Neither of these parties will come to power ever and are only allowed to exist as a fig leaf for Putin and his cronies, so that they can have trolls like tout Russia's "democracy". These parties know very well what to say and when, shit there is sold 5 times over to Putin. Whether it's that clown Zjirinovky (or however you spell this idiot's surname in English) or Commies who are nothing but an escape for the dying generation nostalgic over USSR.

Yes, I am glad I moved to Israel, because I can vote for whoever I want, this vote can actually make a difference and I can go in the middle of a street screaming that Netanyahu is a fucking piece of shit thief and then post it on Facebook or Twitter, without any fear of someone knocking at my door next day.

- - - Updated - - -

Not having to mandatory pay corrupt officials to do my business is a plus too. Do you still have your businesses add entry of such "random expenses" equal to about 15% of income in their books? Or is it 20% nowadays?

Russia is a fucking corrupt backwards shithole. Glad to be done with it.