Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The milk truck has arrived. Funny thing about this show, I have 3 volumes of the manga that I bought secondhand a couple years ago and never read.
    Which show is that? Honestly hard to tell in this season of anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Which show is that? Honestly hard to tell in this season of anime.
    In/Spectre.

In/Spectre.
    That screenshot is from In/Spectre? I watched the first episode and don't remember seeing anything like that in there.

the screenshot is from azur lane

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    The most weird op i have ever seen ---- just cooking:
    What the fuck did I just watch? Why can't I stop watching it?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the screenshot is from azur lane
    I thought he was asking about something I posted but I never posted. Ironically that girl from Azur Lane looks a lot like the ex-gf from In/Spectre though.

I thought he was asking about something I posted but I never posted. Ironically that girl from Azur Lane looks a lot like the ex-gf from In/Spectre though.
    True, she does, a bit.

I haven't watched Azur Lane, seemed like another generic nothing but fan service anime so I gave it a pass. Nothing wrong with fan service, but the anime has to be more than JUST fan service (typically) for me to be interested. Is it worth a watch?

Plunderer -- not sure for this show, its just some pervert hero
    Infinite Dendogram -- pretty good 1.st episode, didnt expect that ending
    Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. -- its ok so far...shield hero little
    When I heard the premise for Plunderer, I was intrigued... but the very first episode presents kinda makes me go blah with how they present this dark force that ensures duels are "paid", but then they randomly ignore when the duels are interfered with after starting. I might watch more of this, but its gonna be low on my list.

Infinite Dendrogram seems like a fun watch with the game as a backdrop. (NPC permadeath and 3x gamespeed would make for an awful game in reality, though. Log out for a weekend or week and the kingdom you were adventuring in is gone, and all your quest NPCs are dead... yep.)

Shield Heroine, otoh, seems much more rooted in gameplay, and is likely my top pick so far. Even if the loot, xp, and skill rewards are a little over the top. She leveled seven times by killing(surviving) two mobs that required no offensive stats at all... but whatever, I was pleased by the pacing of the episode. This might be my top priority for the season, depending on how the story holds up. Some of these shows start to lose steam once the initial power-rush wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    When I heard the premise for Plunderer, I was intrigued... but the very first episode presents kinda makes me go blah with how they present this dark force that ensures duels are "paid", but then they randomly ignore when the duels are interfered with after starting. I might watch more of this, but its gonna be low on my list.

Infinite Dendrogram seems like a fun watch with the game as a backdrop. (NPC permadeath and 3x gamespeed would make for an awful game in reality, though. Log out for a weekend or week and the kingdom you were adventuring in is gone, and all your quest NPCs are dead... yep.)

Shield Heroine, otoh, seems much more rooted in gameplay, and is likely my top pick so far. Even if the loot, xp, and skill rewards are a little over the top. She leveled seven times by killing(surviving) two mobs that required no offensive stats at all... but whatever, I was pleased by the pacing of the episode. This might be my top priority for the season, depending on how the story holds up. Some of these shows start to lose steam once the initial power-rush wears off.
    I will give it one more week, then i will make watchlist. Also..dont forget to watch that isekai.

True, she does, a bit.

I haven't watched Azur Lane, seemed like another generic nothing but fan service anime so I gave it a pass. Nothing wrong with fan service, but the anime has to be more than JUST fan service (typically) for me to be interested. Is it worth a watch?
    I watched a bit of it and it was fun to watch but not engrossing. Sometimes I just like having a show that's amusing and entertaining. I think it was fall of last year that had Girl in Twilight. Not a great show but any means but it had some really hilarious moments and ended up really having a good time watching it. I think Azur Lane is worth checking out on the off chance it hits the right notes.

weathering with you - that was a really elaborate mcdonalds commercial. I was actually expecting sempai to be a little shit but he was a bro

Is it worth a watch?
    no. it just exists for the cute boat girls from the mobile game

Weathering with You - 8/10 (very good)

I went in with pretty low expectations. Three years ago, everybody and their brother told me that Your Name was this amazing, incredible movie, which was quite jarring when I finally got to watch it and it only turned out to be an okay film. Didn't help that the marketing materials for this movie presented it as yet another boy meets girl love story by Shinkai.

I was pleasantly surprised. I think this is my favorite Shinkai film after 5 Centimeters Per Second. If you can get past the opening five minutes of cringeworthy, melodramatic narration, the movie becomes thoroughly enjoyable. It's the funniest Shinkai film yet. The audience laughed out loud a lot. The audience openly cheered when Taki and Mitsuha made their cameos.

The film isn't without it's flaws. Many of the character designs looked samey, like they were reused from Your Name. Hodaka is visually indistinguishable from Taki in Your Name, and Hina looks exactly like Mitsuha but with pigtails. It still has the cringeworthy, melodramatic narrations and a nonsensical third act. How did Hodaka bring her back after she was sacrificed? It isn't explained. She was "sacrificed"... but then she's sitting in the Sky dimension all safe and sound, and apparently she could have jumped down back to Earth at any time? There is also some very bizzare tonal dissonance. In one scene, the protagonist decides to make a moral decision to intervene and prevent an underaged girl (she claims to be 17 years old, but it is later revealed that she is 15) from entering into prostitution... but then in another scene, they're cracking jokes about underage prostitution?

Ending spoilers and speculation for the next Shinkai film: Given that Garden of Words, Your Name, and now Weathering with You all take place in the same ongoing continuity, I wonder if Tokyo will remain flooded by the next movie. The solar punk aesthetic of a flooded city with water bus gondolas and vegetation growing everywhere is really striking. It'd be really cool to have a movie that explored that setting. It'd also be really nice to see Takaki in this continuity.

The English dub is good.

Highly recommended!

weathering with you - that was a really elaborate mcdonalds commercial. I was actually expecting sempai to be a little shit but he was a bro
    I couldn't stop laughing when it was revealed that he was two timing... and then the cross dressing escape scene lololol

- - - Updated - - -

While I really liked the film, it was highly derivative of Shinkai's previous works. My biggest concern is that the next film will be yet another boy meets girl romance story. We've had that six times in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei is coming out in 12 hours .

I will give it one more week, then i will make watchlist. Also..dont forget to watch that isekai.
    Second episode of Shield Heroine held up well, I think. They squeeze a lot of story into such a small episode.

Still wrapping up "I wanted my stats to be average!"... seems I've been marathoning a lot of anime that slipped through the cracks lately. I find if I watch them live, I tend to lose track of them halfway through, and then have trouble reconnecting with them months later.

I also love that I've read so many lightnovels now, that I'm randomly stumbling into shows and say "Hey.... I know this one!" during the first episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I worried about that as well. The police station moment was great and showed why he’ll always be senpai

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Yea, I worried about that as well. The police station moment was great and showed why he’ll always be senpai
    Just come back from watching it, thoroughly enjoyed it, quite a few moments were the cinema laughed in unison. Did not expect the cross dressing escape in the child centre, caught me by surprise

railgun T ep 2 remember it's everyone's responsibility to protecc komoe-sensei's smile.

My Hero Academia season 4 episode 14

Spoiler: 
    Yay, for the first time the League of Villains actually accomplishes something.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    My Hero Academia season 4 episode 14

Spoiler: 
    Yay, for the first time the League of Villains actually accomplishes something.
    So do you admit you were wrong about Eri and what you said about last weeks episode?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?