Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Gonna miss titanforging.

I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame

Because it shouldn't feel bad to get a baseline mythic item.

Titanforging was one of the worst things Blizzard ever did to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post

I thought thunderforging in MoP was great. It was only a max of 6 item levels and it didnt go above the next tier. It gave you little upgrades to keep aiming for during progression/farm, but it wasnt over the top. Then there was als0 valor point upgrades at the end of the expansion I thought was a good idea (assuming you can still farm all the points you missed if you join late). They dont have to make this convoluted system like corruption. MoP already had a good system.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-15 at 08:03 PM.

Because titanforging in addition to insane rng was and is worst thing ever.

you serious bro?
    titanforging lost them a lot of subs
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

you still have your pretty titles you can show off to the scrubs
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Even baseline mythic raid trinkets for example blow out highly titanforged m+ trinkets. And the baseline is so high that's being greedy if you get dissapointed.

Ashvane and dribbling ink etc. Way more op even without tf

Nah. Good riddance to one of the worst systems the game has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Even baseline mythic raid trinkets for example blow out highly titanforged m+ trinkets. And the baseline is so high that's being greedy if you get dissapointed.

Ashvane and dribbling ink etc. Way more op even without tf
    M+ trinkets should be shit. Farming the same m+ trinket every tier was not fun nor enjoyable.

M+ trinkets should be shit. Farming the same m+ trinket every tier was not fun nor enjoyable.
    How is that any different to raiding?

Raids have the BiS you try farming for all tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

The difference is mythic+ trinkets stay the same for the entire expansion not just the tier but the item level gets boosted each season. Old raid tier trinkets stay at the outdated item level.

Because the trinkets are different. Using balefire branch as an example - it blew every raid trinket out of the water for my class for all of uldir and most of BOD.

I had to not only hope I got that trinket out of the box on tuesday, but also spam waycrest manor and hope for a titanforged version.

I did that in uldir, and then had to do it again in BOD. In EP, I just do my weekly mythic clear and get the trinket I want. I don't have to go out of my way to farm a key I do not want to do.

I do not have to play the lottery on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The difference is mythic+ trinkets stay the same for the entire expansion not just the tier.
    Looking at DPS sims for trinkets in 8.2 all the top simming ones are from raid for my class

So if theres a particularly strong trinket in M+ that people keep going back for each tier like say harlans dice. That isnt actually the "BiS" so you're wasting time you could be using in mythic to get better gear anyway. I havent taken any options away from you.

But this takes away options from players like myself who dont have the time commitments anymore for mythic raiding. Why do I need mythic loot to do m+ when mythic raiding is supposed to be the "highest point of pve" you need to do the highest point in pve to be able to do well in the lower levels? doesnt make sense. Mythic loot should be for doing well in mythic raid. Not everything in the game requires this now.

I do the exact same content as someone else, but they get a substantially better piece of the same gear for no reason.
    Who thought this was smart?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    If you're not raiding mythic already you don't need a mythic weapon. Also, stop with this "being competitive" bullshit. You said it yourself. You will be done in a few weeks. At your level there is no need to be competitive. Move to another character or just quit at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you serious bro?
    titanforging lost them a lot of subs
    Doubtful that even one single person ever quit over Titanforging. It was one of the better things they added to WoW, and without it we're just going to go back to WoD levels of logging in, running the relevant raid once, logging out until next week. I'll be getting less for my sub because there will be zero reason to run anything beyond my weekly Mythic raid clear. They'll likely lose people's sub money for months at a time as we cap out on gear and unsub until the next content release, just like in WoD.

Doubtless when this change bites them in the ass they'll pull a quick 180 and re-add Titanforging or something very similar.

Plebs getting a single niece piece of gear per tier on average has never negatively impacted my gameplay, so being emotional about that is just bizarre. The only people who freak out about getting a base tier item are people who are just OCD about those things.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you're not raiding mythic already you don't need a mythic weapon. Also, stop with this "being competitive" bullshit. You said it yourself. You will be done in a few weeks. At your level there is no need to be competitive. Move to another character or just quit at that point.
    Thats not how the community works.

you need a bloated ilvl as a dps to even be considered getting invited to relevant content.

you need a bloated ilvl as a dps to even be considered getting invited to relevant content.
    Not if you join a guild for that purpose.
    Join a guild, pass whatever test they have for you in order to raid, join their runs on normal/heroic and gear up, then go for Mythic raiding if that's your jam...or join a guild for the spesific purpose of doing M+.

Gear should be earned through your work, not just given to you by chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Which is a thing (partly) because of titanforging. Dungeon pugs can't ask for Mythic Raid ilvl's for a dungeon when no one with that ilvl bothers to do a dungeon. The only way they could ask for that is because you could get it while running dungeons.

Ofcourse this isn't the only reason people ask for dumb item levels but Titanforging has certainly enabled that behaviour more.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Not if you join a guild for that purpose.
    Join a guild, pass whatever test they have for you in order to raid, join their runs on normal/heroic and gear up, then go for Mythic raiding if that's your jam...or join a guild for the spesific purpose of doing M+.

Gear should be earned through your work, not just given to you by chance.

People always throw out the typical "JoIn a gUIlD".

I'm in a guild. I like being able to play in the morning when no one is on. And guess what so are other people in this mmorpg who are similar or are maybe playing in a different country who are online too! With the search functions built in game to do that! amazing huh. And heavy forbid i like playing with random people i dont know.

Mythic raid is limited to 20 only and you have to stay for the whole raid. I dont just hop in to get a few kills and duck out and make them find a replacement for a half run raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Which is a thing (partly) because of titanforging. Dungeon pugs can't ask for Mythic Raid ilvl's for a dungeon when no one with that ilvl bothers to do a dungeon. The only way they could ask for that is because you could get it while running dungeons.

Ofcourse this isn't the only reason people ask for dumb item levels but Titanforging has certainly enabled that behaviour more.
    yeah maybe dude. But I bet 100k gold people will still ask for the same ilvl or higher as the loot that drops in said content
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-01-15 at 08:43 PM.