Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    So, is camping BRM griefing?
    You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are deliberately misrepresenting what griefing is. It was clear it wasn't about getting honor, but about making someone else's gameplay worse.

The fix was wrong, they should simply ban the assholes.
    Yes. Ban them for legitimate PvP. Why don't we ban raid groups who camp entrances to dungeons and raids? Why don't we just ban the dominant faction? Your post is beyond ridiculous. There was nothing wrong getting camped at GY for hours. Nobody has done anything wrong. Blizzard has decided that this sort of gameplay is not desired and has NOW called it griefing. They have decided that from NOW it isn't legitimate PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Yes. Ban them for legitimate PvP. Why don't we ban raid groups who camp entrances to dungeons and raids? Why don't we just ban the dominant faction? Your post is beyond ridiculous. There was nothing wrong getting camped at GY for hours. Nobody has done anything wrong. Blizzard has decided that this sort of gameplay is not desired and has NOW called it griefing. They have decided that from NOW it isn't legitimate PvP.
    Once again, it's the very definition of griefing, so I have zero sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Thing is, I have lost maybe 3-4 AVs in the last month im the “best” discord. These turtles literally never succeed. When the horde rush LTs they got 2500ish bonus honor for a 7 minute game, when they turtle and we break it, they get 200-500 bonus honor, almost no kills, and a 12-14 minute loss. Im sure in Grizzly games its even worse for them... but what are you going to do ������������*♂️ Its my last week of “pvp ranking” and idgaf ������✔️
    problem is, with 30 min av queues i dont want 7 min avs. even if its the same honor, at least you get to play the game and get som HS if you try and turtle

Once again, it's the very definition of griefing, so I have zero sympathy for them.
    Is it though? Do they not have the ability to fight back? If it was griefiing, blizzard would be handing out penalties and theyre not..

Is it though? Do they not have the ability to fight back? If it was griefiing, blizzard would be handing out penalties and theyre not..
    Not really, and the purpose is to make the play experience of the other miserable. In such a case, the only real option is to quit.

That's the very definition of griefing in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Technically it does not. However it does serve 2 purposes, one is to try to discourage it and the other is basically sending the message that they are on to this kind of behavior and if people still do it, they will be slammed with the banhammer, instead of swinging it directly.
    3: Removal of incentive to do it at all means they can clearer define it as griefing and take account action. After all, you can't claim it's for honor farm if it gives none.

playing classic is self-griefing

10+ Year Old Account
    If you own all the gys in AV, there no way to contest the cave... bad blizzard design, enveloped in a bad ranking system.
    Then you are open to finishing the game instead of farming an area that cannot be contested.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then you are open to finishing the game instead of farming an area that cannot be contested.
    I suppose, but dont people like long AVs?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Alterac Valley
    • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    Its not any GY. It's the cave. Basically a response to AV 64. where a few of the lowest ranked no names of Apes made a premade out of pure salt that they lost to Pugs in their premade, and just camped the Cave. no one could leave the cave, and they kept AV 64 hostage for 12 hours, streaming it with the title "Turtle against us next week horde dogs". then they proceeded to do the exact same the next week, also in AV 64 after they had hit their own Honor cap after 3 days because ranking on alliance is a joke, much like everything else in the game, it just has to be easier for Alliance, imagine sub 20 IQ retards can rank to 14 that easily, who think that Horde playing 20 players on defense is "Turtling" what a joke.

Not really, and the purpose is to make the play experience of the other miserable. In such a case, the only real option is to quit.

That's the very definition of griefing in video games.
    And how is that any different than open world camping?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose, but dont people like long AVs?
    Once the opponent has no chance of advancement, I am certain that they don't. At that point, you should just strike the boss down and re-queue.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Its not any GY. It's the cave.
    Well, in the original post there was not any mention about the cave. They updated the post.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla, you could get suspended/banned too for open-world camping/griefing. Dunno about Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In Vanilla, you could get suspended/banned too for open-world camping/griefing. Dunno about Classic.
    So if a raid is blocking access to BRM, is that griefing?

Even Blizzard has stated that constant camping is tantamount to griefing. What they were doing was basically making it so there was no way to play the game, and the only option was to quit.

So, Blizzard responded with a change. Personally, I think the change was stupid, and they should have just banned the assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if a raid is blocking access to BRM, is that griefing?
    That is not the same as camping/griefing a GY or corpse.

Even Blizzard has stated that constant camping is tantamount to griefing. What they were doing was basically making it so there was no way to play the game, and the only option was to quit.

So, Blizzard responded with a change. Personally, I think the change was stupid, and they should have just banned the assholes.
    Yeah, if the intention is to grief, then this does nothing to stop the behavior at all. Especially if the premade is already capped.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Alterac Valley
    • Spirit Guides now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
    • Developers’ note: We observed some behavior in Alterac Valley that can only be described as griefing—a violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct. If this had taken place in original WoW, it would have been seen as either a situation that needed to be fixed preventatively or a circumstance that called for account suspensions. We feel that the preventative solution is the more amicable one.

How is this suddenly griefing? GY camping has been happened since BGs were released. I even farmed Bloodthirsty with IoC/AV premades and Blizzard did nothing.
    Lol, why the changes? In vanilla, it was happening tons fuckloads of it. It was a BRILLIANT Strategy.