Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Arena is failed esports plain and simple.
    It's cool and all you only look at Arena from the eSports perspective and try to summarise it so briefly, but at the same time a lot of people enjoyed arena in TBC. It's another form of content. Not everyone plays Arena as an eSport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    You classic+ people are hilariouis .

You don't like the direction modern Activision Blizzard has taken the game, so you're playing Classic. You now realize that game has nothing to do, so you want modern Activision Blizzard to make content for Classic?

People are already leaving Classic... the proposal is to split the community further into Classic / TBC servers? Then eventually we'll have "classic" BFA?
    I think people who like Classic are just looking to the future. And no, you can't seriously think they'll ever do legacy BfA servers. What a ridiculous notion. They'll possibly do BC and WotLK, maybe MoP or Legion, as these were peak, beloved expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved PvP in TBC, I was meh about Arena, but didn't hate it. It was OK, just something else to do. To each their own. Kinda lost taking the OP seriously when they pulled out the cliche 'autistic' word as an insult (in this case claiming autistic people used arena as a barometer). Learn what autism actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    It's cool and all you only look at Arena from the eSports perspective and try to summarise it so briefly, but at the same time a lot of people enjoyed arena in TBC. It's another form of content. Not everyone plays Arena as an eSport.

- - - Updated - - -

I think people who like Classic are just looking to the future. And no, you can't seriously think they'll ever do legacy BfA servers. What a ridiculous notion. They'll possibly do BC and WotLK, maybe MoP or Legion, as these were peak, beloved expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved PvP in TBC, I was meh about Arena, but didn't hate it. It was OK, just something else to do. To each their own. Kinda lost taking the OP seriously when they pulled out the cliche 'autistic' word as an insult (in this case claiming autistic people used arena as a barometer). Learn what autism actually is?
    Couple of things. You think legion was a peak expansion? What gives you that idea?

But importantly, when using a word as an insult, don't try and apply the words literal definition. Words like bitch, bastard, asshole, and yes, autistic, all have legitimate meanings. However, when the context is an insult, clearly there was no attempt to apply the correct definition, but rather just a colloquialism.

This is a perfectly normal and accepted part of most modern languages, and has occured for centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Couple of things. You think legion was a peak expansion? What gives you that idea?

But importantly, when using a word as an insult, don't try and apply the words literal definition. Words like bitch, bastard, asshole, and yes, autistic, all have legitimate meanings. However, when the context is an insult, clearly there was no attempt to apply the correct definition, but rather just a colloquialism.

This is a perfectly normal and accepted part of most modern languages, and has occured for centuries.
    You say it's accepted, but that doesn't make it right. Autism is one of the most widely misunderstood disorders in the world precisely BECAUSE it's sometimes used as a social insult, and this leads to people misunderstanding autism entirely, and assuming autistic people they deal with in the real world are stupid or deranged when they're absolutely not. Thankfully a comparative minority use it as an insult, so I wouldn't even say it's mass-accepted as such.

It also sucks for autistic and retarded people to have their disorders or conditions bandied around by random people who don't know shit and are just looking to insult each other. For that reason alone it's better to fight this crap and opposite it rather than just shrug and say "oh hey whatever, it's socially accepted." At least I'm fighting it... The fact it's a colloquialism doesn't mean I'm going to be apathetic and just say nothing, because that won't do shit to help repair ignorance. Some won't care, but some will learn, but if people stay quiet, none will learn. That's just basic logic. Some is better than none.

And, yes, Legion can be considered a peak -- easily. It pretty much obliterates the other recent expansions. Our best community estimates (as Blizz stopped releasing stats) puts Legion subscriber peak at the highest since the WotLK decline began. That's what I still call A peak... Not THE peak, but a peak (albeit smaller than the WotLK peak by far). Blizzard did confirm it had revived subscribers to levels not seen 'since the Cataclysm days', which if we look at a combination of official numbers and census data, well, we know during early Cata, the sub levels were near or possibly exceeding the 10m mark and still cresting off the back of the WotLK peak. A bit of logic and research into what Blizzard's said, hinted at and putting two and two together, plus Legion's extremely popular run, and we can pretty safely call it one of WoW's peak releases.

Legion marked a powerful resurgence in the game's popularity and ratings. MoP is more of a sleeper hit. It was popular enough at the time, but it garnered a very powerful following after the fact. I merely listed those two as they are possible suitable (by suitable I mean popular enough to have a sizeable interest) choices for future legacy expansions, following BC or Wrath. People who say they would eventually 'end up at BfA' are kidding themselves, because BfA is widely regarded as one of the weaker expansions. Doing a legacy server for it 10 years from now -- assuming people even care about / WoW is still going by then -- would make very, very little sense.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-01-05 at 12:54 AM.

TBC was my jam, there was a lot of PvP, even with flying.. People farmed things around the world at all times.

And yeah, PvE was badass. I really hope they do TBC servers, i'd enjoy them a lot more than classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    TBC was my jam, there was a lot of PvP, even with flying.. People farmed things around the world at all times.

And yeah, PvE was badass. I really hope they do TBC servers, i'd enjoy them a lot more than classic.
    Yeah there was loads of world pvp with flying. It allowed people to find others to kill much more quickly, and it allowed people to reinforce in response to local or world defense alerts more quickly instead of being like "meh, cba, too far away". As someone who played from 2005 onwards, I had a LOT more world PvP in TBC (even accounting for the game's increased sub count by that point in time) and once flying hit, it got even more fun and frequent. You got the occasional troll who just hid on their flying mount and tried to annoy you, but most people fought back.

99% of the people saying flying killed world pvp are talking absolute toss. They either didn't even try to PvP in BC, weren't there, or were on some dead or faction-imbalanced realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Im one of the rare ppl that never liked tbc, i mained a paladin and it was still rough for me to enjoy it, we got stuff to help with dps and tanking, and with todays knowledge it would most likely be much better, but the bad experiences still sting.
    not liking TBC isn't rare. I'd say at bare minimum a fifth of people on this forum weren't too keen on it.

You say it's accepted, but that doesn't make it right. Autism is one of the most widely misunderstood disorders in the world precisely BECAUSE it's sometimes used as a social insult, and this leads to people misunderstanding autism entirely, and assuming autistic people they deal with in the real world are stupid or deranged when they're absolutely not. Thankfully a comparative minority use it as an insult, so I wouldn't even say it's mass-accepted as such.

It also sucks for autistic and retarded people.....

And, yes, Legion can be considered a peak -- easily. It pretty much obliterates the other recent expansions. Our best community estimates (as Blizz stopped releasing stats) puts Legion subscriber peak at the highest since the WotLK decline began.

Legion marked a powerful resurgence in the game's popularity...
    OH dear oh dear. You really took some time putting this together, and within seconds have completely discredited ANYTHING you have to say on the subject. First off, please don't use the term "retarded" - the accepted term is "intellectual disability" or "intellectually handicapped". Although once used as a blanket term to cover all mental disabilities, "retarded" is considered an extremely outdated and offensive term, including in mental health and medical fields (although some backward 3rd world medical 'professionals' may choose to still use the word). This is the perfect example of someone with absolutely ZERO knowledge on a topic feigning outrage just to take some perceived moral high-ground, only to find out their lack of education will send them tumbling back down in a very undignified manor.

On to the next little issue. Lets talk about how legion "obliterated" Cata, Mop, and WoD. These "community estimates" you speak of, could you provide ANYTHING to back up such a baseless claim? Surely you have some links to some large scale surveys or 3rd party data gathering websites showing this "obliteration"? Could it possibly be that you liked legion, so you just figure everyone else does as well? I suspect there is a case of confirmation bias going on here, since during legions lifespan there were endless threads about how it was the worst expac ever. Now that BfA is out, the typical "grass is greener" situation has arrisen, as expected, were some claim legion was the last decent expansion.

Please provide something......ANYTHING to show how legion marked ANY resurgence in the games popularity (let alone the ridiculous claim of "POWERFUL resurgence"- since there is a claim to be made it continued the steady decline in the games popularity, with some average to good raids holding interest and M+ keeping people busy, but very little else to make a claim of "Powerful Resurgence" - again, i simply ask for you to provide something, ANYTHING to show how you came to this conclusion other than your personal opinion.

The very fact you say "Blizz stopped releasing stats" and then literally the next sentence is "legion subscribers at the highest since the WOTLK decline began" - this shows how strong your confirmation bias is, when you can string together a logical fallacy like that without even batting an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

not liking TBC isn't rare. I'd say at bare minimum a fifth of people on this forum weren't too keen on it.
    I agree that plenty of players didnt enjoy TBC - but im wondering where you came up with the "bare minimum" 20% number? Seems very specific for something with little research done on it.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-01-05 at 02:30 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I totally disagree on everything except the PvE part, TBC had amazing, near-perfect PvE content. Flying and arenas did not kill PvP, what killed PvP in Classic is the AV mindless grinding. I really loved the introduction of resilience, it gave the PvP hardcore players a stat to bolster them vs the PvE guys. It was really unfair to force PvPers to raid 24/7 in Classic in order to farm gear. If they don't want to PvE, they can simply grab their items via arena/BG/rep.

TBC was the finished, polished and enhanced Classic product, and I am really looking forward to it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopax View Post
    Flying destroyed world pvp. Instantly. Nothing more to say about that.
    I stopped reading after this phrase. Please, stop with the flying paranoia already.

I hate tbc...loathe it. It destroyed wow.

People still talk like this? it's ridiculous

To quote OP:
    "Arena becomes the barometer for everything, due to a dumb rating that autistic kids and streamers who helped ruin WoW, can brag about as they run around a pole with a healer in most comps (other than spriest, rogue, mage). Very few comps are viable and the pvp is awful and the makers of the original WoW said arena was a mistake."

ahh... the ol' autism word to say you think something sounds stupid. I am really hoping the gaming community outgrows this nonsense. The only one who sounds stupid here is you sir. You need a big ol piece of perspective and while you are there grab a heaping of maturity too...
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2020-01-06 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yeah, those 3-4 whole slots out of 17 were totally all the Gear someone required
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Smith_Hauthaa
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Thanks for proving my point for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    ahh... the ol' autism word to say you think something sounds stupid. I am really hoping the gaming community outgrows this nonsense. The only one who sounds stupid here is you sir. You need a big ol piece of perspective and while you are there grab a heaping of maturity too...

Before they said autism they used F*****t and Retarded.....10 years later they will have a new word and it will keep going until the apocolypse

TBC is coming either way so I dont understand why people decide to be upset about that part of wow. At that point we will have retail, classic & BC to play.

I hear this same shit so much I just don't even care anymore lol

-Multiboxxing is cheating
    -Tradeskillmaster is cheating
    -Raider IO destroyed the game
    -Bring back mage towers
    -Bring back MoP CM gear
    -Bring back WoD CM weapons
    -Flying ruined world pvp

I think pathfinder QQ is going to make it on the list eventually

I'm going to keep this list updated, I'm probably forgetting some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    TBC is coming either way
    Did a blue say this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Before they said autism they used F*****t and Retarded.....10 years later they will have a new word and it will keep going until the apocolypse
    You forgot cuck, but I don't think cuck was around for long. Do people still say boomer? I added that to my badboy so I don't see it in game anymore and I don't recall seeing it much on forums.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    I stopped reading after this phrase. Please, stop with the flying paranoia already.
    Flying beat up my grandmother, kicked my dog, and slashed my tires. This was AFTER flying cleared out my savings account and spent all of my money on coke and hookers.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care much for TBC to be honest. Flying was amazing, I absolutely loved that, but that's pretty much what it had going.

Raids aren't that great other than Karazhan. Tempest Keep was a pain, Hyjal is possibly the worst raid ever and even Black Temple, while looking cool, was linnear and had many annoying parts. Like you needed shadow resistance gear, no one liked that in vanilla and they do that again!?

Hated Arena for 13 years and it started here.

And the questing is actually worse than vanilla, in fact they are the worsts quests we had so far.

Point is, won't play TBC servers, no way.

TBC is best version of the game. And that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    TBC is best version of the game. And that's it.
    I agree! Best version, wrong setting though. I'd love if vanilla WoW and TBC somehow merged with all content from lvl 60 being scaled to 70 with TBC talents, gameplay etc. With MC, Ony and Karazhan being entry-tier raids etc.

TBC endgame content is still undiscovered for me... i used to play only few days.
    I enjoy current classic and I am looking forward TBC.