Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought thunderforging in MoP was great. It was only a max of 6 item levels and it didnt go above the next tier. It gave you little upgrades to keep aiming for during progression/farm, but it wasnt over the top. Then there was als0 valor point upgrades at the end of the expansion I thought was a good idea (assuming you can still farm all the points you missed if you join late). They dont have to make this convoluted system like corruption. MoP already had a good system.
    I concur, MoP had a fantastic system.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Doubtful that even one single person ever quit over Titanforging. It was one of the better things they added to WoW, and without it we're just going to go back to WoD levels of logging in, running the relevant raid once, logging out until next week. I'll be getting less for my sub because there will be zero reason to run anything beyond my weekly Mythic raid clear. They'll likely lose people's sub money for months at a time as we cap out on gear and unsub until the next content release, just like in WoD.

Doubtless when this change bites them in the ass they'll pull a quick 180 and re-add Titanforging or something very similar.

Plebs getting a single niece piece of gear per tier on average has never negatively impacted my gameplay, so being emotional about that is just bizarre. The only people who freak out about getting a base tier item are people who are just OCD about those things.
    Plenty of people quit due to RNG gearing which titanforging is a big component of. And sorry but your in the minority if you liked the system. You'll never get 100% of people to agree on something. Some people liked TF, most didn't. That's why its gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats more lame is theres only 1 haste/vers piece in the entire raid and its just a ring

Getting random stated gear that is useless compared to your properly stated item for your built that is 15 item levels higher is as satisfying running a marathon and randomly during the race a finish line is placed in front of you and when you cross it you realize it was for someone else's marathon.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Plenty of people quit due to RNG gearing which titanforging is a big component of. And sorry but your in the minority if you liked the system. You'll never get 100% of people to agree on something. Some people liked TF, most didn't. That's why its gone.
    you think the only way to get a decent weapon is the very two last bosses of a mythic raid is better design?

Lets be real, the time commitment and skill required to kill end game bosses on the hardest difficulty is the 1% of the player base.

How long did it take alliance side guilds to even fill in the top kill ranking list.

Its nice to have reachable goals. If a goal is too impossible you wont even try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Getting random stated gear that is useless compared to your properly stated item for your built that is 15 item levels higher is as satisfying running a marathon and randomly during the race a finish line is placed in front of you and when you cross it you realize it was for someone else's marathon.
    How often does this shit even happen.

If you do get a titanforge its most likely on some shit world quest piece you wont even use. How many times did anyone actually get a titanforge weapon or BiS trinket? Its fucking rare. But it gives life to content that would otherwise be dull like rerunning heroic eternal for the 15th time that raid tier
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    you think the only way to get a decent weapon is the very two last bosses of a mythic raid is better design?

Lets be real, the time commitment and skill required to kill end game bosses on the hardest difficulty is the 1% of the player base.

How long did it take alliance side guilds to even fill in the top kill ranking list.

Its nice to have reachable goals. If a goal is too impossible you wont even try.

- - - Updated - - -

How often does this shit even happen.

If you do get a titanforge its most likely on some shit world quest piece you wont even use. How many times did anyone actually get a titanforge weapon or BiS trinket? Its fucking rare. But it gives life to content that would otherwise be dull like rerunning heroic eternal for the 15th time that raid tier
    Targeting specific gear from dungeons and what not as an example, that is all but gone. bosses should drop rollable loot on top of the chance for personal for for starters so that you don;t do 6 dungoens in a row and get bent over by rngesus.

World quests would be fine if the stats were not random on 90% of the gear, I stopped playing BfA because of many things, one of them was no real way to guarantee I can get something I will actually want to use outside of raiding like in damn near every other expansion. The best part about the older looting systems is I could go to a dungeon know the stats and the gear I wanted and actually have a real chance to get it even rolling against others which was way better than the garbage they have now.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Targeting specific gear from dungeons and what not as an example, that is all but gone. bosses should drop rollable loot on top of the chance for personal for for starters so that you don;t do 6 dungoens in a row and get bent over by rngesus.

World quests would be fine if the stats were not random on 90% of the gear, I stopped playing BfA because of many things, one of them was no real way to guarantee I can get something I will actually want to use outside of raiding like in damn near every other expansion. The best part about the older looting systems is I could go to a dungeon know the stats and the gear I wanted and actually have a real chance to get it even rolling against others which was way better than the garbage they have now.
    You played classic at all?

This has the system you speak of. Its not fun. As a rogue I was told to shove it because everyone wanted the hit ring from mara. Or the extra hit chance trinket in BRD.

You dont even get invited. So you have to do the typical make your own run, spend 40mins+ doing that because you're just another melee dps of the many trying for said ring/trinket.

It was gross and anti fun

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I do the exact same content as someone else, but they get a substantially better piece of the same gear for no reason.
    Who thought this was smart?
    The guys who read the billions of "WAH Blizz sucks there's nothing outside raiding that gives good rewards all I do is raidlog I'm so bored why is all content meaningless WAH!!! raid or die this sucks WAAH!!!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    Bet you are one of those who grind nothing but m+ and have nothing else to do but play wow.

yeah maybe dude. But I bet 100k gold people will still ask for the same ilvl or higher as the loot that drops in said content
    Well, they never didn't, so I can't see anything about it changing.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought thunderforging in MoP was great. It was only a max of 6 item levels and it didnt go above the next tier. It gave you little upgrades to keep aiming for during progression/farm, but it wasnt over the top. Then there was als0 valor point upgrades at the end of the expansion I thought was a good idea (assuming you can still farm all the points you missed if you join late). They dont have to make this convoluted system like corruption. MoP already had a good system.
    The valor point system was good. Thunderforging blew ass.

You played classic at all?

This has the system you speak of. Its not fun. As a rogue I was told to shove it because everyone wanted the hit ring from mara. Or the extra hit chance trinket in BRD.

You dont even get invited. So you have to do the typical make your own run, spend 40mins+ doing that because you're just another melee dps of the many trying for said ring/trinket.

It was gross and anti fun
    Ya I played it a lot, and I was a Shaman tank who rolled on tons of tanking/agility stuff in max level dungeons and what not, no one shit on me. That is also the lowest hanging fruit for this argument since there were many improvements after Vanilla that are staples but they took some things too far, you can at least agree with that. Modern WoW caters to mobile game players period, they need that constant source of satisfaction from constant rewards that are mostly meaningless.

Not to mention having so much loot almost completely devalues all gear crafting professions.

There are many many glaring issues in modern WoW and while no iteration of the game is ever going to be perfect it is now the least favorable than it has ever been for a lot of the player base there is no denying that.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Most people don't care either way. Just as many people as you can prove quit because of titanforging I can prove stayed because of titanforging.

Warforging only ever existed to give people running repeat content hope. It is not a gearing path. People bitch about WoW being designed for the lowest common denominator. Removing titanforging would be doing exactly that by removing something doing its job because some people were too weak willed to control themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidalos View Post
    The valor point system was good. Thunderforging blew ass.
    "Good" "Blew ass". Nice feedback dude.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Literally the only people who hated Titanforge were people in the group of players that I'm in, Mythic raiders, and we're an EXTREME minority. You don't have to be in a majority of Blizzard to cave to forum whining, we've seen that repeatedly over the last decade and a half every single time Blizzard would kowtow to those of us at the top at the expense of everyone that actually keeps the game running. Titanforging was a fun and engaging mechanic for everyone that wasn't in that top 5% or so of the playerbase that composes Mythic raiders, and now they'll just come up with something that we hate even more, though they may experiment with an expansion without it.

Remember when the forums whined incessantly about LFR despite LFR participation dwarfing every single other raid difficulty? Remember when Blizzard nerfed it into the ground to appeal to use in WoD and then they lost half their subs in a single quarter? Yeah, listening to the most vocal aspect of this community is not very smart, and pretending that the most vocal aspect of this community is somehow the majority is even less so.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Ya I played it a lot, and I was a Shaman tank who rolled on tons of tanking/agility stuff in max level dungeons and what not, no one shit on me. That is also the lowest hanging fruit for this argument since there were many improvements after Vanilla that are staples but they took some things too far, you can at least agree with that. Modern WoW caters to mobile game players period, they need that constant source of satisfaction from constant rewards that are mostly meaningless.

Not to mention having so much loot almost completely devalues all gear crafting professions.

There are many many glaring issues in modern WoW and while no iteration of the game is ever going to be perfect it is now the least favorable than it has ever been for a lot of the player base there is no denying that.
    Shaman tank. Max level dungeons.

Yeah I dont believe you. People stopped accepting shaman tanks after uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Nah. Good riddance to one of the worst systems the game has ever had.
    As a casual, this. Glad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Doubtful that even one single person ever quit over Titanforging. It was one of the better things they added to WoW, and without it we're just going to go back to WoD levels of logging in, running the relevant raid once, logging out until next week. I'll be getting less for my sub because there will be zero reason to run anything beyond my weekly Mythic raid clear. They'll likely lose people's sub money for months at a time as we cap out on gear and unsub until the next content release, just like in WoD.

Doubtless when this change bites them in the ass they'll pull a quick 180 and re-add Titanforging or something very similar.

Plebs getting a single niece piece of gear per tier on average has never negatively impacted my gameplay, so being emotional about that is just bizarre. The only people who freak out about getting a base tier item are people who are just OCD about those things.
    Might I invite you too look at the DPS impact rank 3 Infinite Stars has. Rank 3 of that Corruption alone is worth probably half of your gear for many specs (ATM, rank 3 is worth 20k DPS for Ele shaman for example). You talk about how not having titanforging makes you lose the option to chase something, but that alone is more valuable than any amount of titanforging ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Might I invite you too look at the DPS impact rank 3 Infinite Stars has. Rank 3 of that Corruption alone is worth probably half of your gear for many specs (ATM, rank 3 is worth 20k DPS for Ele shaman for example). You talk about how not having titanforging makes you lose the option to chase something, but that alone is more valuable than any amount of titanforging ever could.
    that sounds like something that will surely be nerfed anyway lol.

Amusingly, corruption fits all the complaints you guys have about titanforging, only, it is even worse. A single lucky roll is far more of an impact to a character than any single titanforge ever was.