Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Shaman tank. Max level dungeons.

Yeah I dont believe you. People stopped accepting shaman tanks after uldaman
    I tanked every max level dungeon on my Shaman at 60, I have more passive mitigation than all the other tanks actually so it is pretty doable.

Believe what you want but I am accepted by almost everyone on the server and proved every group wrong that took me as their tank lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I tanked every max level dungeon on my Shaman at 60, I have more passive mitigation than all the other tanks actually so it is pretty doable.

Believe what you want but I am accepted by almost everyone on the server and proved every group wrong that took me as their tank lmao.
    Well good for you sticking around with all the other people left playing that game.

My experience of it when it was relevant and not just an honor farming abuse game was that if you werent a warrior then GL getting a group. Even being perfectly viable options like feral or prot pally. But sure you clear dungeons with ease as shaman, im sure its not impossible. I just dont find spamming copy and paste "Looking for" in LFR channels all that fun. All you get is "Need mages/spell cleave NO MELEE" or tanks thinking they have all the power because their tanks so res half the dungeon.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

With all the other progression systems in the game right now i don't miss it but also don't welcome corrupted gear.

There was a time when there was literally just gear with a simple boss loot table.

Why the f'ck do we need 142123 systems now with 23143 layers of rng?

I really hope it's just one longterm progression system and just normal gear in SL again and nothing more...

5+ Year Old Account
    From the way OP is worded I can already tell they're dumb but I'll bite anyways.

Firstly most mythic raiders are established adults but nice going trying to tear people down who are more devoted and probably better than you. Secondly if you don't have the time to be a competitive player why in the world should you be allowed to reach the same gear milestones as the most devoted section of the playerbase?

What exactly are you trying to be competitive in if you 'don't have the time' to be hardcore? Topping the dps charts in a PUG M10 group??? 'Its going to be boring not getting upgrades anymore.' Okay? And? You realize that healthy MMO's should let you get BiS eventually right? Which is exactly what titanforging PREVENTED. I for one am glad that when I get a good piece now I don't have to keep spamming the same content week after week hoping it will TF.

You do not need a full set of mythic gear to complete a 15 on time which is the maximum possible reward Ilvl wise, on top of this all of the heroic raid and probably most of the mythic raid can be done with the best M+ gear, so there's no reason for you to be given mythic gear ESPECIALLY not mythic gear on par with the last few bosses of the tier, and this is coming from someone who primarily does M+ as main content.

Titanforging was a volatile crap system and hopefully Blizzard has enough sense to keep it deleted.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

They increased the ilvl to 470 just 5 pts under mythic raiding by getting a +15 with a chance to be corrupted... you will be fine with those. Let the raiders get the better loot like it always have been

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    From the way OP is worded I can already tell they're dumb but I'll bite anyways.

Firstly most mythic raiders are established adults but nice going trying to tear people down who are more devoted and probably better than you. Secondly if you don't have the time to be a competitive player why in the world should you be allowed to reach the same gear milestones as the most devoted section of the playerbase?

What exactly are you trying to be competitive in if you 'don't have the time' to be hardcore? Topping the dps charts in a PUG M10 group??? 'Its going to be boring not getting upgrades anymore.' Okay? And? You realize that healthy MMO's should let you get BiS eventually right? Which is exactly what titanforging PREVENTED. I for one am glad that when I get a good piece now I don't have to keep spamming the same content week after week hoping it will TF.

You do not need a full set of mythic gear to complete a 15 on time which is the maximum possible reward Ilvl wise, on top of this all of the heroic raid and probably most of the mythic raid can be done with the best M+ gear, so there's no reason for you to be given mythic gear ESPECIALLY not mythic gear on par with the last few bosses of the tier, and this is coming from someone who primarily does M+ as main content.

Titanforging was a volatile crap system and hopefully Blizzard has enough sense to keep it deleted.
    15+ KR in 8.2 was a lot harder than mythic behemoth. Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Not really though. It bumped up bad items so they werent so bad.

People talk about that nightmare scenerio titanforge normal raid trinket that is better than the mythic version!!! So they just couldnt enjoy their mythic raid loot which can also TF but with a much higher base. But that doesnt actually happen anyway, you still needed to do heroic or +10 mythics to get anything meaningful and how is that not end game content that should reward good shit.

Mythic should be for the challenge and prestige so you can say "look at me im the best". You dont need ilvl for that, that is why they get the coolest xmog of the tier, titles and mounts and achievements. But mythic raiders want everything even though half of mythic raids are incredibly easy and the other half like the final bosses are tuned like a joke so they can add artificial length to the raid tier rather than an enjoyable challenge

Titanforge this expansion was way more tame than in legion, especially for weapons.
    Don't you see the issue? I'm starting to think you just won't listen to reason.

If I get a titanforged normal raid trinket that let's say is 470 iLevel. Then I go into the Mythic raid and that same Trinket drops for me. That is a bad feeling. Want to know why? Because I can't trade it to my team mates because of forced personal loot and my other trinket is lower iLevel. There is a shit tonne of examples like this.

Blizzard designed it this way. It's their fault. RNG on RNG on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Don't you see the issue? I'm starting to think you just won't listen to reason.

If I get a titanforged normal raid trinket that let's say is 470 iLevel. Then I go into the Mythic raid and that same Trinket drops for me. That is a bad feeling. Want to know why? Because I can't trade it to my team mates because of forced personal loot and my other trinket is lower iLevel. There is a shit tonne of examples like this.

Blizzard designed it this way. It's their fault. RNG on RNG on RNG.
    Your example makes no sense.

IF and thats a big fucking if, you got a normal raid item that titanforged higher than the same item that drops for you later in a mythic raid. That is a good thing because then you can trade the mythic version to a raid member because of shitty personal loot rules which is a separate issue all together.

What you're saying unless im reading it wrong is that because you got a titanforge item earlier you cant trade the mythic one, doesnt make sense

Corruption is probably just as awful. Idk, I haven't even played.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Because it shouldn't feel bad to get a baseline mythic item.

Titanforging was one of the worst things Blizzard ever did to this game.
    So one person in how many, 10000 (?) got lucky and gets a high level item is enough to make people angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And I guess my point was that while Blizzard can't please everyone, they can at least look at the overall trends of what MOST players agree on. Titanforging is one of those things. Sure, a few people like the OP(who appears to actually have a very different problem than titanforging) are going to claim to like it. But when you look at the general player response to it, it's negative.

To reiterate: Blizzard doesn't need to please everyone. But they definitely should look at overarching themes and reactions to steer the game in a better overall direction.
    The problem with your logic is that there is no consensus on how 'most' players agree on. Okay so lets be generous and say that 600 unique people bitch relentlessly about TFing on the forums, and you're like 'man, most people hate TFing!' Sure seems like a lot until you think about the other 5-10 million people routinely playing this game and then you realize that what you think is 'most' is actually a drop of water from a really big bucket.

Even Blizz themselves have pointed this out, that 'most players' arguments are some of the first they tune out because nobody has that data, least of all some angry random guy on a forum.

I thought it was a good way to slowly increment player ilevel so you could push by the artificial boundaries players set that keep you from getting in groups. Very good as a casual-but-not-an-idiot. Players just invented new crappy systems eventually though. Heaven forbid the dungeon take a few more minutes vs spending another 30 mins in queue being so darn picky.

People farming the hell out of content specifically with the intent to titanforge were doing it wrong, it was supposed to be a bonus. In the same way people who complained early in Legion about "THE LIMITLESS GRIND!!" who clearly didn't understand how exponential curves worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know i think titanforging is only gone for this patch, not sure about actual Shadowlands. I don't know how i feel, it wasn't the best system in the world, but it was the only system that made content actually worth playing. Unless they put in a different hook, there is no reason to play the game if you aren't doing raiding or M+. Nothing else will get you gear progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post
    Corruption is probably just as awful. Idk, I haven't even played.
    It's worse. It's so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That's laughable, you don't know what most players agree on, stop with this nonsense.

Corruption is even worse system than titanforging, and most people who complained about titanforging simply don't know the math at all.
    Where did I make any comparison or mention of Corruption in regards to being better or worse than TF?

And I was speaking in generalities specifically because I don't know the exact numbers. The dislike of Titanforging is obvious to anyone who's been following the subject. Unless you have evidence to suggest otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Where did I make any comparison or mention of Corruption in regards to being better or worse than TF?

And I was speaking in generalities specifically because I don't know the exact numbers. The dislike of Titanforging is obvious to anyone who's been following the subject. Unless you have evidence to suggest otherwise?
    Obvious? Lol no, there is nothing obvious here. Just some small vocal minority forum screechers and thats all.

Like supposedly removing master looter was universally hated change and when someone did the larger scale survey, turned out to be completely opposite.
    It's pretty similar with titanforging. Inability to understand basic math and a combination of jealousy/gatekeeping brings hate.

Mommy, mommy that guy got 0.2% more icecream than me, WAAAH, WAAAH, he doesn't deserve it!

Was TF perfect? Hell no, but it was definitely better than not having any system that gives non-zero replayability value to raids and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The problem with your logic is that there is no consensus on how 'most' players agree on. Okay so lets be generous and say that 600 unique people bitch relentlessly about TFing on the forums, and you're like 'man, most people hate TFing!' Sure seems like a lot until you think about the other 5-10 million people routinely playing this game and then you realize that what you think is 'most' is actually a drop of water from a really big bucket.

Even Blizz themselves have pointed this out, that 'most players' arguments are some of the first they tune out because nobody has that data, least of all some angry random guy on a forum.
    Blizzard has gone on record numerous times claiming they have many more metrics than just the forums. That's why I couched my point in language saying what they should do, not what we think the forums represent.

Yes, I personally use the forums as one point of reference. I also follow what's said in streams, on youtube vids, and dev interviews. My opinion isn't going to be as accurate as Blizzard's, obviously. But in this case I believe they saw how poorly TF was being received IN GENERAL, and took a step away from it. Maybe I'm wrong and there's a whole host of silent majority players who like TF. But in my opinion I haven't seen sny evidence of it.

Now....having said that, as Kamanaris pointed out, Corruption has its own problems. That's a separate issue we can discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Obvious? Lol no, there is nothing obvious here. Just some small vocal minority forum screechers and thats all.

Like supposedly removing master looter was universally hated change and when someone did the larger scale survey, turned out to be completely opposite.
    It's pretty similar with titanforging. Inability to understand basic math and a combination of jealousy/gatekeeping brings hate.

Mommy, mommy that guy got 0.2% more icecream than me, WAAAH, WAAAH, he doesn't deserve it!

Was TF perfect? Hell no, but it was definitely better than not having any system that gives non-zero replayability value to raids and dungeons.
    For someone railing against what you claim is wild assumption, you seem to be doing a lot of the same, and with antagonistic language.

Whatever. I don't know why I expected anything different from you. Back to ignore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    -snip-.
    Do you have ANY proof to the claim that TF killed hundreds of guilds or caused some kind of mass exodus? No? Of course you don't, because it didn't happen.

As far as people who still play are here because they like the game, what's your point? Every expansion has it's spikes and it's drops and what remains is a pretty stable playerbase, it's been like this for a decade now. There hasn't been any evidence that there's been a larger than normal drop off in Legion and BFA. (Incoming link to the debunked shit that WeakAuras retweeted over a year ago.)

WoD was shit because the ONLY good thing about WoD was the raiding for people doing Heroic +. If you were doing LFR your endgame was completely invalidated before it was even released, and normal wasn't far behind. No interesting trinkets and no tier in LFR plus the high ilevel of crafted gear and things you could get from rep/garrisons made LFR players, so the majority of PvErs, have nothing to do before the first tier was even released. Fucking over the casuals is what cost them HALF of their subs in a single quarter. They don't have to worry about us Mythic players, they can tell us to eat shit and die and we'll still play their game because there is nothing that offers anything even remotely close to WoW's highend PvE.

What's this Mythic weapon week one bullshit now? You know that weapons haven't been able to do that all of BFA right? And you know that at the end of Legion in one of the Q&As they stated that ON AVERAGE players raiding NORMAL could expect one (1) piece of gear to titanforge to Mythic base in an entire tier. Nobody was running around with full sets of Mythic gear or really any more than a piece of Mythic gear aside from Mythic raiders. That's a myth based on pure ignorance. I've seen, personally two screenshots EVER of an LFR piece of gear hitting the cap, and one of those was back in Nighthold.

Plebs having a fun gear lottery didn't ruin anything for me and players like me, plebs weren't running around in full sets of current tier Mythic ilevel gear from lower content, and people didn't quit because of Titanforging. Corruption ticks all the same irritating boxes as Titanforging except it's decidedly unfun for the casuals.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

i won't say you are wrong for missing titanforging, it's your feelings. but please know titanforging ruined the pacing of the game and the end game has had to be balanced around people randomly getting huge power spikes. horror forging still has the balance issue but at least ilvl means something.

hopefully tf goes away. i don't mind warforging since it would be 5 or 10 ilvl but no item should upgrade 20+ ilvl.

The main issue with titanforging has always and will always be the fact you didn't had any control on it. Things that are 100% RNG are shitty. The fact you could keep doing dungeon for upgrade was a good idea, but how it was made wasn't.