Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if sony ends up getting bought out though they lose the rights anyways and disney knows they're looking to sell.
    Actually that doesn't happen if you sell the entire company that owns the rights which in this case is Sony Entertainment. Sony could sell their film division and not lose the Spidey IP as long as they sell ALL of it, assets and liabilities. What they can't do is sell the Spidey IP by itself.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that should be mentioned is that Disney has treated Spidey as if it was an internal release. There was no serious competition from the House of the Mouse for 2 weeks in one case and 3 in the other. Piss them off enough and your 1.1 billion B.O. will suddenly shrink to $750-800 million with much of the loss happening in the more profitable North American B.O. as for the first time you face serious competition. Remember Disney mainly does blockbusters these days. Anything serious from them is gonna hurt the bottom line.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2020-01-07 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No. But this thread is actually for all things Marvel, not just MCU.
    it was not my intention to imply this was out of place. merely a double check on my end to watch it for the continuity of the MCU story
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    is new mutants part of the MCU?
    Nah, was part of the Fox X-Men films. Who knows now. They're basically just shitting it out because it's that or bury it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jason Aaron commenting on a tweet, saying he could see Bale playing Dario Agger.

Please let that be a low key tease/announce. Would love to see Thor Vs Minotaur live action.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

No damaged tattoos so it might be ok

So, why is Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and MCU's Vulture in the Morbius trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    So, why is Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and MCU's Vulture in the Morbius trailer?
    Spiderman "murderer" would be in reference to the end of Far From Home I assume. And since that and Homecoming are Sony owned , their sharing the universe with this movie is perfectly in line with everything established so far. It does show that the Sony/Marvel deal seems on more solid footing, but you won't see MCU elements from other than Spiderman in it I'm sure.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Spiderman "murderer" would be in reference to the end of Far From Home I assume. And since that and Homecoming are Sony owned , their sharing the universe with this movie is perfectly in line with everything established so far. It does show that the Sony/Marvel deal seems on more solid footing, but you won't see MCU elements from other than Spiderman in it I'm sure.
    Yeah, but the problem is that's not the Far From Home Spider-Man (played by Tom Holland). That's Spider-Man from the Raimi trilogy in the 2000s (played by Tobey Maguire).

Some suspect they had to use that Spider-Man for copyright reasons, but I'm not so sure since they revealed Michael Keaton, who is most likely Vulture from Homecoming.

Yeah, but the problem is that's not the Far From Home Spider-Man (played by Tom Holland). That's Spider-Man from the Raimi trilogy in the 2000s (played by Tobey Maguire).
    Technically it's wall art of the old spiderman, so it doesn't have to be representative of the actual latest spiderman since someone in-universe made it. That said, it's probably Sony copy-pasting, more than any deeper connection.

5+ Year Old Account
    Joe Rogan Experience #1411 - Robert Downey Jr.

PowerfulJRE
    Jan 15, 2020

Robert Downey Jr. is an American actor, producer, and singer. His stars in the new movie "Dr. Doolittle" which releases in theater on January 17, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Joe Rogan Experience #1411 - Robert Downey Jr.

PowerfulJRE
    Jan 15, 2020

Robert Downey Jr. is an American actor, producer, and singer. His stars in the new movie "Dr. Doolittle" which releases in theater on January 17, 2020.
    It really does amuse me that Rogan and Hot Ones and such have become part of the "movie release circuit".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It really does amuse me that Rogan and Hot Ones and such have become part of the "movie release circuit".
    If I understand u right, ur saying rogan invites lots of guests that are about to release new movies? He seldom does that, it's mostly about sports, mma, hunting, marathon, punching grizzlys

Some suspect they had to use that Spider-Man for copyright reasons, but I'm not so sure since they revealed Michael Keaton, who is most likely Vulture from Homecoming.
    thats not the raimi spider-man its a stock picture from the ps4 game. someone clearly just googled for pictures of spider-man and used the wrong one
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I understand u right, ur saying rogan invites lots of guests that are about to release new movies? He seldom does that, it's mostly about sports, mma, hunting, marathon, punching grizzlys
    Rogan gets a mix of MMA/ Hunting/ Whackjobs/ Comedians/ Politicians/ Whoever he finds interesting. When actors have new movies coming out, they cast about for late night tv spots and early morning show spots so they can have the same questions/ answers/ stories over and over to get the movie info out there. Rogan and Hot Ones and some other off-kilter shows now fall in that sphere sometimes, where they'll call up Rogan to see if he's got a spot for whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats not the raimi spider-man its a stock picture from the ps4 game. someone clearly just googled for pictures of spider-man and used the wrong one
    It's the picture that they marketed when they released the Sam Raimi costume in the Spider-Man PS4 game. Still pretty much the same thing, but I do think they probably couldn't use MCU Spider-Man, so they went with that.

It's the picture that they marketed when they released the Sam Raimi costume in the Spider-Man PS4 game. Still pretty much the same thing, but I do think they probably couldn't use MCU Spider-Man, so they went with that.
    Theyre alowwed to use tom Holland. Hes going to cameo in morbius and venom 2. The deal they made with marvel so they could keep using Spider-Man included them being able to connect to the mcu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They probably just wanted to have a poster in the background so took one of the ones they had on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They probably just wanted to have a poster in the background so took one of the ones they had on file.
    Also, it's just a trailer. Trailers often have unfinished scenes. They may have had that Spider-man picture there just as reference. If that scene shows up in the actual movie then it's very likely that image will be replaced with something more representative of MCU Spidey (Now that the dispute with Disney has been settled...at least for the time being).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morbius looks awful. We already had Underworld movies that were 10x better almost 2 decades ago.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Morbius looks awful. We already had Underworld movies that were 10x better almost 2 decades ago.
    What part(s) of the movie did you dislike ?