Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    No. I do LFR because that is the path of least resistance to beat all the content. I would love it if there was only 1 difficulty that forced me to raid in a serious guild and the raids were heroic/mythic level difficulty.

I don't want to, however, play mythic raids, when I can just beat it all in LFR.

And Blizzard seem to think just because LFR is "popular" it's fun? It's not. It's just not hard at all and when you finally beat LFR it just feels like "finally". No excitement what so ever.
    Idgi, you aren't happy that LFR is easy, but also don't want to do real content?

Why don't you just raid mythic? You know a mythic encounter is completely different than an LFR, normal, or heroic encounter, yeah? Most fights are radically different on mythic. You aren't really "seeing it" if you do it on LFR only.

You aren't "beating the encounters" you're beating extremely watered down versions with different mechanics and even removed phases.
    Last edited by asil; 2020-01-16 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So you want WOTLK 5 mans where we kill a boss in 7 sec's with arcane mage :P? Yes 7 secs...I had a few bosses die under 10 secs end of wotlk.

Scaling just enables loot rewards to also scale.
    Does it really though? Think many people prefer lich king style of dungeons/raids than the crapfest that's been handed to us since Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Alright have fun playing a different game then. I actually like the scaling.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Alright have fun playing a different game then. I actually like the scaling.
    One of these days the devs are going to make a change you don't like and you'll try to find someone to complain to about it. I hope they find the message of yours that I quoted and dismiss your complaint the same way you did to OP.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.
    >Dark Souls literally has NG+ which is just the same game but scaled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think scaling it up on major patches and having multiple difficulty settings is fine, but overall I agree with the sentiment. Endlessly scaling content makes it feel same-ey and like some sort of eternal treadmill.

That said, it makes a lot of sense to do this on Blizzards part. WoW isn't pulling the same numbers it used to and I don't think the budget is the same it once was. Yet people still demand enough content to keep them busy for months.
    Scaling lets Blizz get away with making less content last longer while also allowing variable group sized to keep the game more appealing for thise without a core raid group of 60-80 people,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    >Dark Souls literally has NG+ which is just the same game but scaled.
    it's optional. I don't even play the game and i know that.

Let's see how long the game survives if LFR would be the only difficulty and there is no reason to do any thing beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    it's optional. I don't even play the game and i know that.
    So is literally every scaled Raid/Dungeon in WoW.

"I enjoy X. Anyone who enjoys anything else is a stupid moron."

Special snowflake is special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So is literally every scaled Raid/Dungeon in WoW.
    Not exactly but nice try. I swear this is 2020, i'd expect trolls to be of a much higher caliber now. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Is this another of those posts where the OP tries to make a point to hide the fact that mythic is too much for him so he wants the game dumbed down even more?
    Sounds to me like normal is too hard for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I actually agree with the original poster. Seeing challenges that are unattainable at first is motivating to get better so you can overcome them. When everything can just be scaled down to the easiest difficulty it kills my motivation to care about the content. And I haven't particularly cared about the content in a long long time now because of all the scaling.
    Except if there were no scaling there would not exist a single unattainable challenge in the game for many of us. There would not be any challenges at all.

What you are suggesting is dumb for so many reasons that I literally don't even feel like typing all of them out because it's too long. All I'll say is I guess you'll just never do any raids/dungeons again because the current system won't be getting much if any change ever.

Not exactly but nice try. I swear this is 2020, i'd expect trolls to be of a much higher caliber now. Oh well.
    Explain your thoughts. You are not force to do anything more than LFR if you do not want to. Hence it is optional. Same goes for M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly but nice try.
    Quite literally exactly. Both games have a base difficulty and then an optional harder difficulty if you choose to challenge yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I actually agree with the original poster. Seeing challenges that are unattainable at first is motivating to get better so you can overcome them. .
    well... it seems you actually dont agree with him
    when there was (or would be in future) just one difficulty, you did it and there was no more challenge, now there is higher difficulty... mytic raid IS unattainable challenge at first check the classic, molten core cleared aaand nothing challenging to do now, bcs there is no higher difficulty raid (or any content)

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Sounds to me like normal is too hard for him.

Except if there were no scaling there would not exist a single unattainable challenge in the game for many of us. There would not be any challenges at all.
    Were there no challenges in TBC? Hello? They have 1 difficulty.

Why does 1 difficulty = LFR difficulty? It does not.

I love how so many people here try to gatekeep their heroic/mythic raiding thinking people not doing it are not capable of doing it. I am perfectly capable, I just don't have any motivation to do it because I already beat the raid. Is that so hard to understand?

"If you don't like LFR just don't do it LOL" - Same argument being used with flying mounts - "If you don't like flying mounts just don't use them LOL".

MMORPGS aren't a single player game where you go in once and you're done, it has nothing to do with WoW but the genre as a whole and it seems like it's just not the type of game for you. The whole point is to progress and get harder until it can't get hard anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Were there no challenges in TBC? Hello? They have 1 difficulty.

Why does 1 difficulty = LFR difficulty? It does not.

I love how so many people here try to gatekeep their heroic/mythic raiding thinking people not doing it are not capable of doing it. I am perfectly capable, I just don't have any motivation to do it because I already beat the raid. Is that so hard to understand?

"If you don't like LFR just don't do it LOL" - Same argument being used with flying mounts - "If you don't like flying mounts just don't use them LOL".
    Because if you put all of the bosses in any of the TBC or Classic raids together it'd still have less mechanics than a single current day Mythic raid boss. Which is equal to LFR bosses nowadays, which also happen to have more mechanics than the "peak" of WoW's design. It's not 1 difficulty that = LFR difficulty, it's the fact that the boss fights when the game was at 1 difficulty only were a complete joke in comparison so the only valid comparison you can use for them is to call them LFR.

Without scaling dungeons/raids - most people won't get to do them.

Let's see - based on popularity:

1. Normal dungeons only - no heroic or mythic or M+
    2. Normal 20 man raids only - no heroic or mythic.

Who's in ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am tired of constantly seeing scaling dungeons and raids. It is a bad and lazy design that completely puts me, and MANY others, off doing it.

My motivation to do a raid is to "beat it". My motivation to do content before it, is to get gear so I can do the later content.

Once I beat Illidan in TBC, I quit raiding. I know sunwell came after, but my motivation was set on Illidan. Once I beat Lich King on NORMAL difficulty with a bunch of dumb catch up week stacks in WotLK, I quit raiding. In Cataclysm, I only did 10 man, cuz it's less effort to beat the content. After LFR, I have quit raiding completely.

This whole M+ system is so unbelieveably unfun. I enjoyed Kara in Legion as a "megadungeon" with only 1 difficulty. How hard is it to keep dungeons being 1 difficulty?

People started bitching a little in WotLK when there was hard modes in Ulduar, and when it turned to a UI choice in Trail raid, it really started rubbing people the wrong way.

Classic has no scaling. TBC has only scaling in Dungeons (would have been better without heroics too). These are the best parts of WoW. Coincidence? I think not...

Shadowlands, same stupid scaling systems.

How exactly is it fun to do the same boss fight again with higher HP/DPS?

EDIT:
    Look at games like Dark Souls, being much more enjoyable exactly BECAUSE they don't have a difficulty slider.

What we need is some raids being easy (early ones) and some being hard (last raid of the expansion). Then guilds can get stuck at whatever skill level they are at. It's completely OK that Method beats the early raids in a week.
    So a game design that has been proven to work - vastly higher raid engagement in modern expansions than we had in BC/vanilla - should be changed because YOU refuse to do them? Um... no?

WoW is an MMO (that costs millions of dollars a month to run/upkeep). So the idea that they should treat it like a SP game with a flat difficulty curve to appease the demands of random angry forum posters like you is just plain stupid. If you want to play Dark Souls, go play Dark Souls. Maybe WoW isn't for you.