Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya it wasn't xrealm crap that made the game such pain to play, it was titan forging. /s
    How on earth did shared realms make the game worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    How on earth did shared realms make the game worse?
    Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you asking a serious question?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you asking a serious question?
    I am asking you a serious question. Why don't you explain to me how having more people to play with somehow makes the game worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Looking at DPS sims for trinkets in 8.2 all the top simming ones are from raid for my class

So if theres a particularly strong trinket in M+ that people keep going back for each tier like say harlans dice. That isnt actually the "BiS" so you're wasting time you could be using in mythic to get better gear anyway. I havent taken any options away from you.

But this takes away options from players like myself who dont have the time commitments anymore for mythic raiding. Why do I need mythic loot to do m+ when mythic raiding is supposed to be the "highest point of pve" you need to do the highest point in pve to be able to do well in the lower levels? doesnt make sense. Mythic loot should be for doing well in mythic raid. Not everything in the game requires this now.
    In Legion several M+ trinkets stayed BiS all expansion, like Memento, Chaos Talisman(this one was especially shitty considering you couldn't even do a dungeon for it, only the weekly chest could give it at a decent base ilevel), Eye of Command etc.
    In BfA it's Geti'ikku, the Underrot fist and tons of azerite that you just farm again every season instead of getting to use actual new items.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I am asking you a serious question. Why don't you explain to me how having more people to play with somehow makes the game worse.
    It ruins any sense of community. Not that really hard to understand honestly.

It ruins any sense of community. Not that really hard to understand honestly.
    So to be clear here, you would rather have fewer people to play with, the inability to do content, and 85% of the servers in the game being completely dead than shared servers?

I've played this game sense vanilla. The "community" has always been my guild/circle of friends. I have no shared identity with some guy because he happens to play on the same server as I do in a video game.

The idea actually being able to do content actually makes the game worse somehow is just absurd. It's beyond absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with TF, except the whiners (who mostly are gear whores).
    BTW corruption is much worse than TF and it's just as rng. But hey, apparently TF whiners are mostly too stupid to realize.
    Yeah, they replaced a shit system with a shit system that has the potential to be interesting. Currently the balance of corruption is completely fucked, but even so it already has one big advantage over titanforging: trading away items that suck for you but are good for others is much easier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    So to be clear here, you would rather have fewer people to play with, the inability to do content, and 85% of the servers in the game being completely dead than shared servers?

I've played this game sense vanilla. The "community" has always been my guild/circle of friends. I have no shared identity with some guy because he happens to play on the same server as I do in a video game.

The idea actually being able to do content actually makes the game worse somehow is just absurd. It's beyond absurd.
    You think that because you played since Vanilla your point of view somehow has more credibility than mine? NEWSFLASH: It doesn't. Also before you join a guild how do you think people find out about a guild or are you one of those people that just sends blind invites to unsuspecting people? Also your argument about playing with less people doesn't really make any sense so good job with that 'Mr. Vanilla'.

You think that because you played since Vanilla your point of view somehow has more credibility than mine? NEWSFLASH: It doesn't. Also before you join a guild how do you think people find out about a guild or are you one of those people that just sends blind invites to unsuspecting people? Also your argument about playing with less people doesn't really make any sense so good job with that 'Mr. Vanilla'.
    A) Copy-paste where I made the claim my point was somehow more credible than yours because I have played since vanilla.

B) Can you reword this part in english?

C) How does playing with fewer people not make sense to you? If we do not have shared realms, we have fewer people to play with. This means fewer available groups, longer wait times, or the complete inability to even do some content due to a lack of players.

There's no universe in which playing with more people somehow makes an MMO worse. At this point I'm starting to suspect you do not even play the game. Most of the servers in this game feel dead even with shared realms, they'd be unplayable without.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I hope it's gone for good.

I shouldn't be capable of obtaining mythic quality gear from LFR, or even by chance.

If you want top gear, do mythic raids, that's it.
    Why not. How does it harm anyone if an lfr player somehow decked out in full mythic gear.

Don't give me some bullshit in regards to epeen (sorry a new 120should wreck you if you're shitty and geared.) or something something forced. You're not forced there's this word you can tell people trying to push you for forges. In English it's no, Russian niet, German nein, Greek oxi, French non.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I don't understand the hate titanforging got. It's so boring going into a m+ or raid knowing it's impossible now to get an upgrade. It's gonna be so lame getting the same item level every run and you gear out your character in a few nights of m+.

Also this means the ONLY way to get a decent weapon is mythic raid. Which means I have to commit to the time schedule of others which is an out dated practise in 2020. I'm not 14 anymore who can stay up all night.

Yea yea this forum will be full of "git good" "join a mythic guild noob" and all that bullshit but I much prefer m+ because you only need 4 more people and can do it whenever which suits me as a full time worker on a weird time zone and your mythic loot still gets the cool xmogs and mounts ffs. Now I have to raid mythic to be competitive in content I wanna do. Lame
    What do you need the items for?

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Copy-paste where I made the claim my point was somehow more credible than yours because I have played since vanilla.

B) Can you reword this part in english?

C) How does playing with fewer people not make sense to you? If we do not have shared realms, we have fewer people to play with. This means fewer available groups, longer wait times, or the complete inability to even do some content due to a lack of players.

There's no universe in which playing with more people somehow makes an MMO worse. At this point I'm starting to suspect you do not even play the game. Most of the servers in this game feel dead even with shared realms, they'd be unplayable without.
    You're right, i don't play it anymore because it's a shit fest. I do still come back on wowhead and here to gauge what it's like and see if things have changed for the better but i'm usually disappointed. As for the other part of your diatribe i'm not going to acknowledge it as i already responded to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I agree, there's nothing wrong with TF, except the whiners (who mostly are gear whores).
    BTW corruption is much worse than TF and it's just as rng. But hey, apparently TF whiners are mostly too stupid to realize.
    Yes, great job blaming someone that has nothing to do with it. You can blame your precious Ion Idiotstas for even more stupid rng.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I do the exact same content as someone else, but they get a substantially better piece of the same gear for no reason.
    Who thought this was smart?
    Anyone able to look at the big picture, with strong critical thinking and analytical skills, who isn't overly susceptible to emotional reactions. Sadly such people are in short supply it would seem.

Honestly, getting upset that someone else got a better reward than you just smacks of immaturity and entitlement. Removing TF isn't going to fix the problem, because the problem is with the attitude that certain players choose to adopt. People have whined and moaned about every reward system in this game since time immemorial, and they will continue to do so no matter how many times Blizzard change their systems in a futile attempt to make these same people happy.

The fact of the matter is that the complaint that some people get better rewarded for doing the same content is basically nonsense. Sure, when it comes to individual items, but not when you look at it holistically. Over any reasonable period of time, "luck" tends to even out. The problem with players who tend to base their assessments on snapshots of gear acquisition is that they tend to focus on the individual events where they feel hard done by, but then forget about the events where they did fine. In the end you can have 2 players with an identical ilevel and equal performance, both of whom have deluded themselves into believing that the other was unfairly advantaged by RNG because one of them has a TF+Socketed BiS Weapon and the other has a TF+Socketed BiS trinket.

Seriously, if another person in my guild gets a great raid drop what possible, rational reason do I have to feel bad? No offence, but it's a completely stupid attitude to take to get upset about it. I mean, sure, it would be nice for me to get that item, but that shouldn't interfere with me being able to be happy for my friend. Furthermore, as a raid team we win or fail together. Another dps getting a BiS trinket still puts me one step closer to defeating the next boss.

If someone is going to feel bad because they didn't get the BiS TF when an item dropped, I am sorry to have to inform them that no system anyone can invent will make them feel good. So, sure, by all means celebrate the end of TF. But don't be surprised when you're still moaning about RNG and gear 6 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    If someone is going to feel bad because they didn't get the BiS TF when an item dropped, I am sorry to have to inform them that no system anyone can invent will make them feel good.
    Are you joking? Such system existed for YEARS before titanforging.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I shouldn't be capable of obtaining mythic quality gear from LFR, or even by chance.

If you want top gear, do mythic raids, that's it.
    I see this sentiment echoed a lot. I have yet to see someone who is able to explain why.

In the big picture, so what if some LFR heroes have the odd piece of mythic quality raid gear here and there? It's not even close to putting them on a par with even normal mode raiders, let alone mythic raiders.

The idea that somehow TF now gives LFR the same gear as mythic raids is just a massively distorted (and frankly dishonest) misrepresentation of what TF does and thus completely invalidates your complaint.

I see this sentiment echoed a lot. I have yet to see someone who is able to explain why.

In the big picture, so what if some LFR heroes have the odd piece of mythic quality raid gear here and there? It's not even close to putting them on a par with even normal mode raiders, let alone mythic raiders.

The idea that somehow TF now gives LFR the same gear as mythic raids is just a massively distorted (and frankly dishonest) misrepresentation of what TF does and thus completely invalidates your complaint.
    The reason why is simple. They want to shove their epeen down your throat and have you thank them for it because you were blessed enough to be able to see their perfect gear.

It's nothing short of ego.

If someone is going to feel bad because they didn't get the BiS TF when an item dropped, I am sorry to have to inform them that no system anyone can invent will make them feel good. So, sure, by all means celebrate the end of TF. But don't be surprised when you're still moaning about RNG and gear 6 months later.
    Let me introduce you to Cataclysm/t14. Or really just how loot worked pre-Legion(or pre-t15 if counting the MoP/WoD iteration of RNGforging)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-01-16 at 07:53 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are you joking? Such system existed for YEARS before titanforging.
    Dude, every single gearing system in the history of WoW has had it's detractors. Even you think that in the past there was some perfect system, there was always someone out there who had massive problems with it.

I totally accept that some people have a big problem with TF, but in spite of reading through hundreds of threads on the topic with thousands of posts criticising the feature, I have yet to see a single argument against the feature that actually makes cogent sense. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes to me. Yes, TF is an unpopular feature, but not a bad one.

Personally I am sad to see TF go because I think it was a good feature and it's getting the boot for the wrong reasons. This is not a victory of reason and logic, it's a victory for populism, and just on principle that's never a good thing.

For the people who liked the system, we've lost something. For the detractors, it's cause for celebration...until of course you find your next hobby horse to start whining and complaining about. Which should take about a week or so....

Dude, every single gearing system in the history of WoW has had it's detractors. Even you think that in the past there was some perfect system, there was always someone out there who had massive problems with it.

I totally accept that some people have a big problem with TF, but in spite of reading through hundreds of threads on the topic with thousands of posts criticising the feature, I have yet to see a single argument against the feature that actually makes cogent sense. That, in and of itself, speaks volumes to me. Yes, TF is an unpopular feature, but not a bad one.

Personally I am sad to see TF go because I think it was a good feature and it's getting the boot for the wrong reasons. This is not a victory of reason and logic, it's a victory for populism, and just on principle that's never a good thing.

For the people who liked the system, we've lost something. For the detractors, it's cause for celebration...until of course you find your next hobby horse to start whining and complaining about. Which should take about a week or so....
    Ah yes, painting anybody who has different views to you as a crybaby.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU