Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wrathion cloak quest on alts?

Do you have to do the entire BWD scenario on every alt?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since it concerns character power and not access, the answer, per Ion's policy, is yes.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Since it concerns character power and not access, the answer, per Ion's policy, is yes.
    Maybe I'm just lazy, but this quest line chain seems ridiculous long or maybe it seems that way because it's really boring. Maybe good for once or twice, but currently I can't see running this on every alt. Which I think is really their plan. I'll be curious if they offer a skip mechanic 3-6 months from now.

The only things you can skip is Forge of Nalak'sha and the first Halls of Origination scenarios, nothing more.

I gave up on doing the ENTIRE thing on every alt in one go, I just do the first part to unlock Uldum assaults, go to the next char, after I'm done with them all I will do the next small part, etc. Goes much smoother that way, at least for me.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    The only things you can skip is Forge of Nalak'sha and the first Halls of Origination scenarios, nothing more.

I gave up on doing the ENTIRE thing on every alt in one go, I just do the first part to unlock Uldum assaults, go to the next char, after I'm done with them all I will do the next small part, etc. Goes much smoother that way, at least for me.
    Since you're doing the assaults and other activities, the mindset to have would be "okay, I'm going to do assaults and visions on this character today." But whatever works for people.

What has WoW come to? This incredibly short and easy quest line is too much for people to do on alts now? At this rate, in 10 years, players will think it's too much work to have to literally create their alt characters. Blizzard should just make them for us.

I don't recall seeing these kinds of posts this often back when there were actually long and grindy quest lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    What has WoW come to? This incredibly short and easy quest line is too much for people to do on alts now? At this rate, in 10 years, players will think it's too much work to have to literally create their alt characters. Blizzard should just make them for us.

I don't recall seeing these kinds of posts this often back when there were actually long and grindy quest lines.
    I do have to say it really didn’t feel that long to do - I think people are doing the dailies with the intro quest and adding that time into it lol

Easy? Yes. Short? Hell no. Took me around 2 hours to complete it on my main. Now if you got like + 10 alts you gonna need around +15 to complete it on everything

Eh, it goes much faster after you have the hang of it from the first time. The scenario parts are even quite doable on lower DPS specs/classes as Magni is always along and does good damage and does not need to be (can't be) healed. Soloing elites in the world is a pain in a healing spec, but obviously there's a solution to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Do you have to do the entire BWD scenario on every alt?
    You pretty much have to do it all again.

If you weren't jumping around and doing horseshit traveling in and out of portals and on fp's and in more portals it wouldn't be so bad.
    It's like the person that designed the quest was told the playerbase like traveling around like in Vanilla. But then missed the point where you were traveling to places you hadn't been before and you did other things when you got there and on the way, and you weren't just portal jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Easy? Yes. Short? Hell no. Took me around 2 hours to complete it on my main. Now if you got like + 10 alts you gonna need around +15 to complete it on everything
    As kiramon said, you probably did a lot more of the side quests than you needed to. My first time through, doing all dailies and watching all the cinematics took me about 1.5 hours. My main alt I play took about 20 minutes to get it done.

Even then, though, you're complaining about 2 hours for a high item level legendary cloak. Just think about in BC how a geared raid spent 4 hours in Black Temple to still not even see one Warglaive drop. Or MoP when legendaries first become available for everyone, the full questline took something like 2 months to complete if you pushed through as fast as you could.

But yeah, 2 hours with no restriction to unlock a legendary. So much time lost! /s

This is not entirely the players fault. Over the years since late WOTLK blizzard made the game easier/faster acquiring good loot/faster to endgame/etc. So as a result the player mindset shifted from "hey my alt is my 2nd char and thus will be weaker unless I want to grind hard" to "The game is so boring now I need to play a 2nd character just to keep myself busy enough".

You can blame blizzard just as well you can blame players for the shift in mentality. Now we expect these things because blizzard change the way WoW is at the core from an RPG to a collection lobby simulator with faint reminders of a real slower paced MMORPG where player power took time and dedication just on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    If you have the time to level and semi-maintain TEN alts, then don't complain. Like, seriously.

My main issue was the 4 rares quest in Uldum. That one alone took at least half an hour, which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I do have to say it really didn’t feel that long to do - I think people are doing the dailies with the intro quest and adding that time into it lol
    Well you have to hit 100% at1% a pop so you might as well put it ontop of some of the dailies..

Maybe if it wasnt vapid snorefest that pretends its some epic story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So you can skip to invasions on alts? Because if minor invasion gives 2000 gold and we have 2 of them per week, I might solve my dino mount problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    My main issue was the 4 rares quest in Uldum. That one alone took at least half an hour, which is ridiculous.
    That's just an irrelevant daily, not worth doing on an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    You pretty much have to do it all again.

If you weren't jumping around and doing horseshit traveling in and out of portals and on fp's and in more portals it wouldn't be so bad.
    It's like the person that designed the quest was told the playerbase like traveling around like in Vanilla. But then missed the point where you were traveling to places you hadn't been before and you did other things when you got there and on the way, and you weren't just portal jumping.
    It's completely awful how messy it feels.
    Just look at Vale alone even.

"Go to Mogushen vaults!"
    *flies over vale along the way*
    "Oh man, go to the Vale for Cho!"
    Cho - "Go fly to the other side of the vale to get the plans"
    *fly to other side of vale and back*
    Cho - "Oh, okay, go back to the other side of the vale, the mogu were there"
    *flies back to the Mogu*
    Mogu - "Hey can do you some stuff for us...on the other side of the vale"

Granted, that's only one isolated situation but it's still so much back and forth between places that it's terrible overall. I never want to see Halls of Origination again, alas, I have at least 3 more toons to do it on.

Be happy it takes long, otherwise you'd be burned out on content.