Page 1 of 2
LastLast

West Virginia Plans To Accept Virginia Counties That Secede Over Gun Control Concerns

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ten-to-secede/

Most importantly, HCR 8 reads, “In a spirit of conciliation, the Legislature of West Virginia hereby extends an invitation to our fellow Virginians who wish to do so, to join us in our noble experiment of 156 years of separation from the government at Richmond; and, we extend an invitation to any constituent county or city of the Commonwealth of Virginia to be admitted to the body politic of the State of West Virginia…and we hereby covenant that their many grievances shall be addressed, and, we further covenant with them that their firearms rights shall be protected to the fullest extent possible under our Federal and State Constitutions.”

This just gets more interesting. I like that WV is involved considering its history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Counties are not states. They cannot secede through any means other than violent revolution and attempting to claim their territory as independent. They're not trading cards that state governments can collect and trade with each other.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So the state wants to take away the citizen’s 2A right. Which is there to protect them from the oppression on the government. If they don’t do it they are going to send the military in?
    That’s exactly why the 2A exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Counties are not states. They cannot secede through any means other than violent revolution and attempting to claim their territory as independent. They're not trading cards that state governments can collect and trade with each other.
    Well WV exists because counties voted to split from virginia as it was leaving the union. Its was deemed constitutional because virginia was involved in treason against the union.

So counties can secede.
    Last edited by Moadar; 2020-01-16 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Well WV exists because counties voted to split from virginia as it was leaving the union. Its was deemed constitutional because virginia was involved in treason against the union.

So counties can secede.
    In the fucking 1700s! Jesus it's 2020 and ya'll act like we're living in the frikken colonial ages.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It sure seems like a lot of people are suddenly very supportive of sanctuary cities.

How ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

This has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening because said rural Virginian counties wouldn't be able to leech off the tax revenue of the urban counties. West Virginia is among America's poorest states, and money talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    In the fucking 1700s! Jesus it's 2020 and ya'll act like we're living in the frikken colonial ages.
    The Civil War was in the 1860s, not 1700s.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay.

This has a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening because said rural Virginian counties wouldn't be able to leech off the tax revenue of the urban counties. West Virginia is among America's poorest states, and money talks.
    No but its interesting it's gotten to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    No but its interesting it's gotten to this.
    It is just a continuation of the growing rural-urban divide in the US that is just going to continue to get worse.

rofl, send in the national guard.

- - - Updated - - -

we don't need another bunch of dumb shit yall'queda militia groups flexing.

Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    Cheaper to simply deny them any federal payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay.

good point, they can go looking to WV for their medicaid/medicare payments that no one in the state is paying into because WV is like the 45th poorest state in the union.... all so some dumb sisterfucking inbreds can flex their gun rights.

#hyperbole

Even if they did actually secede, they would probably completely screw up their economy. Along with a million other things I could probably get into.

But hey... at least they would still have their shooty sticks!

Now, I'm not one to support any gun laws, but this seems blown way out of proportion, and is tantamount to fearmongering.

These same people weren't doing this when Trump called for gun confiscation without due process.

Its so crazy that in every nation excluding the US with decent gun laws they are not tyrants atleast in the western world. When i was living in the states i was an avid huntsmen and would actually vacation with my brother to hunt. These people are paranoid morons and they should be talked to as such.

Wasn't there a gun control thread around here somewhere? Because I'm sure the argument about whether or not restricting the ability for any mentally unstable piece of shit to purchase to firearms whenever they want (you know...fucking background checks) constitutes "stripping people of their 2nd Amendment rights" has been done to death over there.

I wonder where are all the people gloating about "they got what they voted for" when horseshit abortion laws started being passed in the wake of Trump's SCOTUS appointments. But then again, enshrining our ability to kill people into the highest law of the land is perfectly fine, so long as it's not fetuses that are being killed, I supposed. Degenerates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cheaper to simply deny them any federal payments.
    historically refusing to pay your military never ends well......
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ADA203 View Post
    So the state wants to take away the citizen’s 2A right. Which is there to protect them from the oppression on the government. If they don’t do it they are going to send the military in?
    That’s exactly why the 2A exists.
    So we should be shooting cops and ICE agents?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, let them. It would help ensure another Republican doesn’t get in the White House.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It is just a continuation of the growing rural-urban divide in the US that is just going to continue to get worse.
    True. I wonder where it will spring up next.