Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It is you who is breaking forum rules, none of your posts have been constructive in anyway and your not even discussing the game at all, posting the same things over and over like a broken record, your intentionally posting things that are irrelevant, the last mentioned date was way back in 2015 when they were still increasing the game, its 2020 and your still going on about missed release dates from 4-5 years ago.

Gamers like you who are too impatiant to wait and then complain when the game is not what it should be, why are you wasting your time in here when you don't care about the game, you have never once discussed any of the games features as far as i have seen.
    Saying the game has missed deadlines which they themselves put out IS discussing the game. Period. Oh and are you now admitting they put out dates and missed them? Shocker.

Stop trying to paint me with a brush saying 'gamers like me'. I have zero influence on the games that are put out, how they are made and how some are crowdfunded. Zero. However, STOP trying to chase me out of these forums. I'm allowed to post here and as long as I follow forum rules (which btw, I am) I'm allowed to post whatever the fuck I want, how I want as long as it is on the topic. If it is a waste of time it is MY time to waste. Get over it.

You just want a circle jerk for this game and it will never happen on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    snip
    Its not actually discussing the game, its a game in development and dates that have been given were always subject to change, the community game permission to increase the scope of the game and thats what happened. How many deadlines do other game developers miss that we can't see, you don't even look at the whole picture.

Your not allowed to post what you want, it has to be constructive but all your posts lean on the hostile side, with no room for discussion at all, you don't even offer up solutions to what you don't like about what your talking about.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

the community game permission to increase the scope of the game and thats what happened.
    What does this mean? Was there a poll? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    What does this mean? Was there a poll? How does that work?
    they finished the kickstarter and realised they were getting more than expected so there was a vote, the backers were given the choice for a refund if they wanted, this increased the size of the game by a large factor, there was also going to be far less ships than they have now.

If you compare development time to other large games like TESO took 7 years, SC is far larger and more complex so to get the game we all want it was going to take a while.

Oh brother, you are really doubling down on this aren't you. Even a 'rough estimate' is putting a release date on something. For example, when wow says the new expansion is due in 2020 they mean 2020, not 2023 and then announce a new date for it or some crap.
    While i´m no dev nor have worked in the industry, i´m fairly certain the only difference is that you can "see" the missed deadlines.

The "ReleaseDates" since a very very long time, come from the "RoadMap", which in StarCitizen viewable by everyone. The difference is, other companies dont share that.
    If you develop new tech its very very likely that you dont meet the target dates.

But at this point one just needs to ask the question: What is Better?
    - A: Scrapped Features, or Features that just dont work.
    - B: Delay in the full release
    - C: Buggy and unfinished as hell release.

I´d like B please.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

I´d like B please.
    I like option "D":
    Get what you have working into a releasable solid product and all those scrapped ideas you mention gets moved to an expansion for later release.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I like option "D":
    Get what you have working into a releasable solid product and all those scrapped ideas you mention gets moved to an expansion for later release.
    ^This.

When I saw the kickstarter including added options to aim for, I never imagined they'd expand the scope of the base game with all of them and then not release anything until all of them were "met" while missing targeted release windows left and right over the course of development.

I imagined they'd release the base plan and add the expanded features over time through expansions or patches or something.

They've gotten better in recent years about hitting the marks they're making for themselves but I still don't have any clue when the games will release. Not having an end date to hit for the finished product is just weird to me....

While i´m no dev nor have worked in the industry, i´m fairly certain the only difference is that you can "see" the missed deadlines.

The "ReleaseDates" since a very very long time, come from the "RoadMap", which in StarCitizen viewable by everyone. The difference is, other companies dont share that.
    If you develop new tech its very very likely that you dont meet the target dates.

But at this point one just needs to ask the question: What is Better?
    - A: Scrapped Features, or Features that just dont work.
    - B: Delay in the full release
    - C: Buggy and unfinished as hell release.

I´d like B please.
    In Star Citizen's case there is no preferential because what you're getting is A, B and C...

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    1) Hurry up with development which will lead to the drying up of the most important revenue source

or

2) Bloat the game with "revolutionary immersive ideas" so you can keep crowd funding indefinitely. The money keeps flowing, the evangelists keep shilling and you hire a barrista for your 200 man company without any shame.

tough choice, really

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "rough estimates" also known as release windows (if you want to get technical), which are far more generous than an exact dates, especially when they go as far as covering an entire fucking year, yet they still completely missed them... just as they probably will the 2020 beta release, but hey, at at least this time they can try to blame this one on crytek
    The only thing that had a release in the date was back in 2015, all those trailers never mention once a release just the year of the trailer, a new bit of technology for the game can be developed and change how that game is being made, SC is not a normal game and its doing many things no other developer will even try for many years.

Your complaining when a company is trying to get to that next level of gaming experience and no other company is even bothering to do anything outside the box, SC is blowing that box out of the park, this game is going for the full experience as best possible not just a half baked game that gets put out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    In Star Citizen's case there is no preferential because what you're getting is A, B and C...
    So, and how come you know what happens in the Future?

While I cant be certain that StarCitzen will become everything people want it to become.
    You cant be certain that it wont.

Edit:
    Scratch that, I´m certain SC wont be everything that people want it to become. While I dont doubt in the Success of SC, I feel it gets a bit too much Hype that it will never be able to match.

But, i´m not going to argue with plain naysayers. Backing and Supporting a game in EA (Not matter which one) is a game of Faith.
    All I can say is:
    No matter what is to become of StarCitizen, I already have gotten the worth of enjoyment out of the Project that I invested in Money.
    So, if it doesnt get Finished, or if it gets finnished in a broken mess, doesnt really matter to me at least.
    If it gets done and is a good Product: Win for me,
    If it doesnt, no real loss. It would be sad but I bought games in EA, that brought me way less enjoyment.

I’m not complaining about shit, I’m merely posting and sourcing, and I quote, “release windows” that were given by CIG and missed by years. You can spare me from the old “BUT STAR CITIDERP IS SPECIAL!” bullshit all over again… I care not about what you tell yourself to cope with it.
    The only thing I see with that to be honest is:
    "Dont do Release Dates if you dont even have half a Product"

In case of StarCitizen having no Publisher who set a Deadline is a Curse and Blessing.
    For one, the game doesnt get Rushed, which in my Opinion is good. I dont really care if the game is complete 2021, or 2022, or if it takes that long 2023.
    Hell, I can play whatever is kinda Stable right now. The Mechanics that are Ingame are Fun.

On the Other hand, you have the uncertain timeframe. Which is for some people a Problem.

What I dont understand personally is, why there is so much Hate and Negativity going around.
    There are plenty of people having fun in SC, and dont mind having to wait for an undisclosed time for a Finished product.
    All the others, well, if they Bought into SC, I dont get the complaining. They bought into a "NonExistant" or "EA" product, (depending on when they Backed) with the risk of never getting af finished Product. Sure it sucks, but at least (up till now) the game is activly developed, and is making actual Progress.

And if they didnt buy into SC, why is there a need to spread so much Negativity around? I mean, i´m really curious about that.
    If someone didnt buy into SC, they dont loose anything if SC fails, and if SC doesnt fail, they can still buy it.

Zzzzzzz….

I’m not complaining about shit, I’m merely posting and sourcing, and I quote, “release windows” that were given by CIG and missed by years. You can spare me from the old “BUT STAR CITIDERP IS SPECIAL!” bullshit all over again… I care not about what you tell yourself to cope with it.
    It is kind of painful when you post multiple sources, he denies them up and down and then not even in a different posts acknowledges a release date...

Zzzzzzz….

you can deny it all you want it still not a release date, and all dates in an open development game are subject to change, having a year at the end of the trailer has nothing to do with being a release date, especially since thats the year the trailer was shown.

It is kind of painful when you post multiple sources, he denies them up and down and then not even in a different posts acknowledges a release date...
    a year at the end of a trailer has nothing to do with a release date, you can be oblivious all you want, 2015 mention was still not a release date and the version of that game that could of been available for the so called release has been changed so made irrelevant.

Fact is if they want to change things in the game and it takes longer then they have that right, a release date is never official until a full date has been released, CiG are up front with any delays that are happenening so the community is always kept in the loop.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-16 at 09:45 PM.

So, and how come you know what happens in the Future?

While I cant be certain that StarCitzen will become everything people want it to become.
    You cant be certain that it wont.
    Kinda speaks for itself, just look at the last 8 years. Stuff advertised and used to entice people to buy in and then quietly dropped, consistently buggy and janky even after delays for polishing etc.

Yeah maybe they'll get their shit together and maybe we'll be living on Mars at some point too

a year at the end of a trailer has nothing to do with a release date, you can be oblivious all you want, 2015 mention was still not a release date and the version of that game that could of been available for the so called release has been changed so made irrelevant.

Fact is if they want to change things in the game and it takes longer then they have that right, a release date is never official until a full date has been released, CiG are up front with any delays that are happenening so the community is always kept in the loop.
    k. You can live in your own little world where putting a year on a game means it isn't a release date. I mean you're wrong, but hey, you do you.

Remember, it is only a true release if they put like April 5, 2021 instead of coming in 2021.

Stuff advertised and used to entice people to buy in and then quietly dropped
    Care to Elaborate on that one?

consistently buggy and janky even after delays for polishing etc.
    Do you actually play it, or do you just repeat what others say?

The scope of the game was changed with approval of the backers
    Weird, I don't recall being asked, and my 6th anniversary of backing comes next month.

you can deny it all you want it still not a release date, and all dates in an open development game are subject to change, having a year at the end of the trailer has nothing to do with being a release date, especially since thats the year the trailer was shown.

They published tentative release windows and missed them, period. Of course dates are subject to change, that doesn't mean they didn't miss their originally published window.

You can't just hand wave that away.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Weird, I don't recall being asked, and my 6th anniversary of backing comes next month.
    there was a vote done for the origional backers in the kickstarter, 6 years would mean you backed after that

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They published tentative release windows and missed them, period. Of course dates are subject to change, that doesn't mean they didn't miss their originally published window.

You can't just hand wave that away.
    doesnt matter release dates were made irrelevant when the scope of the game was increased, any other mentions of dates were for a different version of the game.

k. You can live in your own little world where putting a year on a game means it isn't a release date. I mean you're wrong, but hey, you do you.

Remember, it is only a true release if they put like April 5, 2021 instead of coming in 2021.
    trailers put the year on all the time and have nothing to do with when its being released, its you who is completely wrong.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-16 at 10:08 PM.

there was a vote done for the origional backers in the kickstarter, 6 years would mean you backed after that
    So you're saying "the vote" happened before I backed them 6y ago?