Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I guess they're the same. Potato, toMAHto.
    Just saying man. One doesn’t usually “know” teenagers and what their various unusual extremely specific interests are unless they hang out with them.

It’s ok if you were just making shit up to try to make a point man. I get it. 83% of people do this at one point in their life. The other 17% don’t believe me when I say that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    When it happened in original WoW, did they camp the GY and not bother with objectives?
    Yes, quite literally all the time. You realise the Honor Farm now is the same Honor farm as then and that AV games would often last Hours at a time because People would rather just murder the enemy repeatedly rather than finish the objectives.

It generally is glaringly obvious how many People that didn't actually play Vanilla complaining about how Vanilla was.

Many Times where People would back cap their own GYs, Capture as many GY's as they could on the Map except for the opposing teams Main GY and just sit outside Vanndar or Drek and just farm People.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Which makes little sense. I was not around for Vanilla but it certainly happened in tBC and even today. Didn't GY's get re-positioned to lessen the GY camping? WSG is still very vulnerable to the tactic.
    Yes, they raised and lowered some of the ground around them to stop the ease of accessing them.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2020-01-16 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Just saying man. One doesn’t usually “know” teenagers and what their various unusual extremely specific interests are unless they hang out with them.
    People around here don't eat cats but in some places, it's fairly common.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    It’s ok if you were just making shit up to try to make a point man. I get it. 83% of people do this at one point in their life. The other 17% don’t believe me when I say that.
    So you got the point but were being superfluous? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yes, quite literally all the time.
    I feel sorry for your battle group back then. In those days, only shit players such as scrub hunters and twinks did that. It was the least efficient way to farm honor.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I feel sorry for your battle group back then. In those days, only shit players such as scrub hunters and twinks did that. It was the least efficient way to farm honor.
    Most did it for fun and it was people of all Classes/Levels. I remember it starting the moment I hit 51 and went to get my Icy Barbed Spear quest done. Was pretty much a normal thing. I feel more sorry for People that had boring battlegroups and the shit players that let themselves get camped.

My battlegroup was anything but boring. AVs were a total blast. Nobody camped GYs then tried sugarcoating it by calling it "controlling". People actually played objectives and things seemed normal. However, when you were leveling, you'd get those shit twinks who would camp GYs against new players then brag about how awesome they were at PVP.

In other words, some Blizzard employee playing Horde got camped and whined to the bosses about it. Pussy.

Or... some Blizzard employee playing Alliance was camping and shouted "i'm 1337! REEEEEE!!" and the boss got wind. Why he gotta be like dat?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't wait for them to allow Horde to do what Alliance have been doing. Then these pathetic premades will have a true taste of fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    How very dare the horde employ a tactic that can cause them to beat try-hard discord premades!
    They dont do this with premades... they do this when its an 8 vs 40 start vs a pug ''' its dumb as fuck because they quickly exhaust all honor and just further encourage Alliance pugs not to que or to afk... just lengthening horde ques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Lol what the actual fuck. Camping the GY in AV Vanilla was a legitimate Strategy and often a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

....but it did happen in original WoW. Quite a fucking lot.
    I never saw the same in Vanilla... guess we were in different battle groups

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yep. That’s the point. Somehow Blizzard thinks the graveyard camping is because of honor????
    Like no, we camp graveyards to lock down the players there. Alliance waiting for Iceblood and Tower Point to cap? Farm the horde (me because I’m horde) at IBGY so they can’t do anything to stop you. It has NOTHING to do with honor farming lol.
    Bull shit... if they were trying to win they would cap the damn GY so people didn't respawn there.. the ONLY time I see them do this is when they have a substantial lead in number of players, they already have all the towers, and they just want to stroke their e-peen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I mean there's a big difference between controlling a GY to win the game and controlling a GY for two hours to farm people nonstop without making any attempt to win the game. If a team is sitting there farming graveyards for hours that is absolutely griefing, good on Blizzard for fixing it.
    There is nothing dishonorable about torturing the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I doubt the people who camped the GY did so for honor.

And I wouldn't consider it griefing, you joined a battleground, sometimes you lose, sometimes you lose badly. You can just /afk out.
    No, but it will encourage 90% of the players to abandon the cave camp and finish the BG.

What was happening was that alliance pug AV's we're being camped in cave, and afk'ing out, being replaced by more alliance pugs (fresh), who would then afk out...etc, creating an endless honor farm.

When me and few players tried to kill Van to end the game we got mass reported afk.

Yes. This will fix the problem.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-18 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Bull shit... if they were trying to win they would cap the damn GY so people didn't respawn there.. the ONLY time I see them do this is when they have a substantial lead in number of players, they already have all the towers, and they just want to stroke their e-peen.
    Why would you not want people to respawn there?

Literally if you just get like 1 a mage per 3 people and you can keep them locked down in the GY especially if they're all melee. Get like 10 people in SHGY, have 4 mages keeping them there, easy numbers advantage.

And on the opposite side: The alliance will literally farm us Horde at IBGY until both TP and IBT cap. Then they'll cap IBGY and let us spawn lol

It's definitely a strat that is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    Lol Grizzly farmed the AV cave for 4 hours last week after they got their honor caps just to put horde in their place for causing so many turtles.
    Is this your RP leaking out?

No one is ever "put in their place" in game lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Why would you not want people to respawn there?

Literally if you just get like 1 a mage per 3 people and you can keep them locked down in the GY especially if they're all melee. Get like 10 people in SHGY, have 4 mages keeping them there, easy numbers advantage.

And on the opposite side: The alliance will literally farm us Horde at IBGY until both TP and IBT cap. Then they'll cap IBGY and let us spawn lol

It's definitely a strat that is used.
    It would be a fine strategy if they were still going for other objectives, (like winning),,, but they are not, they are farming respawns and outnumber then 4 to 1 and out of 25%, the alliance are on different resurrection timers, so when they do res its often 4 -8 alliance vs 30-40 horde.

For a little while I have no problem with that. But when they stretch it out, at some point it crosses the line.

That being said, the real fix Blizzard needs to do is stop Alliance Premades.

Some one wanted easy honor grind seen some guys in china doing this with swaping sides hence the fix one guy logs horde rest make alliance defo a grief etc

Yep. That’s the point. Somehow Blizzard thinks the graveyard camping is because of honor????
    Like no, we camp graveyards to lock down the players there. Alliance waiting for Iceblood and Tower Point to cap? Farm the horde (me because I’m horde) at IBGY so they can’t do anything to stop you. It has NOTHING to do with honor farming lol.
    This may be laying groundwork for a bigger change, making it easier to flag players as griefers by having a hidden honorless target kill counter, with an AI handing out swift auto-suspension justice to those deemed in violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct.
    As we've heard, they've been alpha testing this auto-suspension stuff on live retail servers, so no doubt it'll be implemented in classic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    It would be a fine strategy if they were still going for other objectives, (like winning),,, but they are not, they are farming respawns and outnumber then 4 to 1 and out of 25%, the alliance are on different resurrection timers, so when they do res its often 4 -8 alliance vs 30-40 horde.

For a little while I have no problem with that. But when they stretch it out, at some point it crosses the line.

That being said, the real fix Blizzard needs to do is stop Alliance Premades.
    They aren't doing it for honor though they literally will sit there until the object caps LOL. I just made reference to that. Sitting there camping 20-30 horde players at IBGY while they wait for IBT and TP to cap and be destroyed. You stop giving honor after 5 kills anyway. People caught in this loop are quickly worth zero honor, yet the alliance will absolutely stay there and farm my 0 honor ass until both of those towers have been capped.

Alternatively for the horde: That's a bit of a different story but locking down essential people in SHGY is definitely something I've personally done before for both turn ins and incapacitating members of the alliance while our offense pushes north.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diarx View Post
    This may be laying groundwork for a bigger change, making it easier to flag players as griefers by having a hidden honorless target kill counter, with an AI handing out swift auto-suspension justice to those deemed in violation of the In-Game Code of Conduct.
    As we've heard, they've been alpha testing this auto-suspension stuff on live retail servers, so no doubt it'll be implemented in classic too.
    That would be incredibly stupid for Classic AV though. There are absolutely benefits to keeping players locked down in a GY. I've never had a game where a GY was camped for the sole purpose of being dicks. Alliance will camp Iceblood GY while Iceblood Tower and Tower Point both fall and then they move on to FWGY and zerg Drek. Maybe some games they have people pointlessly sitting there, but being camped for 5 minutes while the objectives cap is whatever.

Bit offtopic but I've seen a few people reference hitting a "honor cap" in the context of Alliance reaching a "honor cap" and no longer needing to play. What does this mean? I thought the amount of honor you can gain per week was theoretically uncapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Bit offtopic but I've seen a few people reference hitting a "honor cap" in the context of Alliance reaching a "honor cap" and no longer needing to play. What does this mean? I thought the amount of honor you can gain per week was theoretically uncapped?
    You have to be in a premade to earn the best honor per hour. The top premades farm the most efficiently. They set a cap per server like 1.5 million. They can reach that by like sunday. Then they promise not to farm more and go over that. If you do, you wont get invited to the premade anymore. This way they can control who gets into the top bracket / who gets r14 the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You have to be in a premade to earn the best honor per hour. The top premades farm the most efficiently. They set a cap per server like 1.5 million. They can reach that by like sunday. Then they promise not to farm more and go over that. If you do, you wont get invited to the premade anymore. This way they can control who gets into the top bracket / who gets r14 the next week.
    Damn, sounds like a breeze.

Meanwhile the rankers on my server play easily 18+ hours a day (horde) for the entire week with no breaks ever.