Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Smile Legendary cape is capped to 6

This week and the next week at 7. It is meant to be a catch-up mechanic. Do not quit your char after failing, you still have time
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-01-16 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Heavenly autocorrect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    This week and the next week at 7. It is meant to be a catch-up mechanic. Do not quit your char after failing, you still have time
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.

Thankfully capped or there would be knucklehead mythic raiders neglecting their health to get it leveled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    It's not pointless, its more tokens for upgrades. I managed to push into the two middle rooms, not the hardest ones, and it was pretty tight but I still managed to do it. A few of my guildies tried the same but either messed up and died or just miscalculated the time they would need to get back to Thrall and kill him. It's actually quite easy to fail if you're not paying atention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    It's not pointless, its more tokens for upgrades. I managed to push into the two middle rooms, not the hardest ones, and it was pretty tight but I still managed to do it. A few of my guildies tried the same but either messed up and died or just miscalculated the time they would need to get back to Thrall and kill him. It's actually quite easy to fail if you're not paying atention.
    You can get tokens for quests you don't have yet? That's interesting, none of the guides I've seen mention this, everyone recommends saving extra Visions for following weeks to bank for the higher levels.

You can get tokens for quests you don't have yet? That's interesting, none of the guides I've seen mention this, everyone recommends saving extra Visions for following weeks to bank for the higher levels.
    Not for quests, for the Visions talent system people are already moving to the third tier in my guild. A few have killed 3-4 of the extra bosses before getting to Thrall already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Not for quests, for the Visions talent system people are already moving to the third tier in my guild. A few have killed 3-4 of the extra bosses before getting to Thrall already.
    Sounds like a waste of Visions but to each their own, not banking Visions means you'll take like 3-4 weeks longer to complete your cloak unless you grind unnecessarily hard.

Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6?

The first run through is non trivial for some classes ... so some people are taking a few goes to get their first real attempt. Once you can reset your sanity - then 1-5 becomes trivial.

Getting to 6 in the first week is more of a challenge farming the Coalescing visions.

I'm at rank 5 cloak, with just 2/3 on the second tier ... as a squishy dps couldn't afford to clear much stuff so focusing on the cloak upgrade.

If you were lucky enough to run it in a group 4 times then you should have heaps of extra mementos.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

How is everybody getting the 60k tokens to go in already? I got stuck after 30k plus the 1 free entrance from the reward, and I've done everything both days. Are you really farming the chests that much or am I missing something?

The sooner you get to clearing the sides, the quicker you can get deeper into the upgrade system. The quicker you go deeper in the upgrades, the faster you can accrue mementos for socket upgrades at some point. So there is benefit to trying.

On the other hand, selling visions with a group of fully upgraded people will probably be a thing, so not like it matters a whole lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The first run through is non trivial for some classes ... so some people are taking a few goes to get their first real attempt. Once you can reset your sanity - then 1-5 becomes trivial.

Getting to 6 in the first week is more of a challenge farming the Coalescing visions.

I'm at rank 5 cloak, with just 2/3 on the second tier ... as a squishy dps couldn't afford to clear much stuff so focusing on the cloak upgrade.

If you were lucky enough to run it in a group 4 times then you should have heaps of extra mementos.
    I can't see how you can fail if you only go for the upgrade and no side bonuses.. I did it as a 415 holy paladin, WQ gear, with about 12k dps with 40% sanity to spare..

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    How is everybody getting the 60k tokens to go in already? I got stuck after 30k plus the 1 free entrance from the reward, and I've done everything both days. Are you really farming the chests that much or am I missing something?
    You should have the free 1 + 4 more. The free 1 doesn't give you a cloak upgrade.

The 4 more come from doing all the quests including seemingly simple ones ... then doing the assault and the daily minor vision. Add a few chests here and there and I ended up with 42k total ... with no massive farm effort. That's 4 cloak upgrades... I can't see how you can get more short of some serious chest farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I can't see how you can fail if you only go for the upgrade and no side bonuses..
    For some classes, the non upgrade go (in the middle of the quest chain) where you don't have a sanity reset means you don't have time for any sitting down and eating to heal - so you end up running out of health, not mana first time through.

First time through I did the thing in around 40 seconds - ended with around 10% health that was with a 8.2 health pot and I've got 381k health.

I think my sanity ends up being around 80% in the real goes, but health is close to 10% still... now I'm at rank 5 I will take more risks with sanity though.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I meant tokens for archives upgrades. That enable you to push further in.

I've got just under 800 so far... enough for the first row and 2/3 on the second row. To get way more you'd have to have been farming the horrific visions outside the lowbie area... and that means 5 man groups etc...

Easiest Legendary I've ever gotten. Also seems to be the easiest I'll ever upgrade as well. Ilvl 420 here I come. (417 atm).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    More or less them just being extremely on point with the chests.

I've got just under 800 so far... enough for the first row and 2/3 on the second row. To get way more you'd have to have been farming the horrific visions outside the lowbie area... and that means 5 man groups etc...
    I can farm trash solo in the mid level areas to get more mememtos, but I don't quite make the boss. Wasted two keys trying, once he actually died when I died, so I got his chest, but no Thrall chest in that run. But hey, one upgrade token for the Essence.

In either case was way more fun to try then just running the cloak upgrade. You don't really fall behind much as future weeks are gated more, and getting 3 keys isn't hard, which means you have spares to catch up.

Either way, due to the farming I have 3/3 in the second tier, not that it makes that much of a difference.

You don't need a group, can do it alone as well. As I said I completed both middle areas, outside of the starting lowbie area. Wasn't exactly easy, but I managed to do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a waste of Visions but to each their own, not banking Visions means you'll take like 3-4 weeks longer to complete your cloak unless you grind unnecessarily hard.
    This week you're allowed to go up to rank 6 so there's no "wasting of visions" yet. No one's at rank 6 cloak this week AND THEN going in to do more runs for corrupted mementos (which I would agree would be a waste).

"Wasting visions" will only happen starting next week when we're drip fed 1 cloak upgrade quest per week. Though it looks like with the 25k vision cap and how likely it is to get at least 3 visions per week, I am unsure how wasteful it will be if people decide to run a vision past their 1 cloak upgrade quest per week as long as they can still maintain running enough visions to finish the 1 cloak quest per week.

So everyone doing visions this first week should get their cloak up to rank 6 by next reset, and unless you're grinding like a mad-man it's virtually impossible to waste any visions this week. Unless ofc you just outright fail a run.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will also put you behind on cloak levels eventually, some of the later levels require more than you could realistically farm in a week, so unless you bank from previous weeks you're going to come up short. Once again though, to each their own. I feel like by the time you need to push further, you'll have naturally gotten enough tokens, though that all depends on class/skill I guess.

Once I hit rank 5 cloak (40% Sanity loss reduction, Rank 4 is only 25%) I was going to try pushing the first extra zone just for fun, the first talent alone basically triples your sanity, and I'll have 3/3 extra damage as well, on top of being a hunter that can just FD past everything. I'm just going to play it super safe to not risk wasting a Vision.

5+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a group, can do it alone as well. As I said I completed both middle areas, outside of the starting lowbie area. Wasn't exactly easy, but I managed to do it.
    Yeah I was able to complete a run doing 1 of the middle areas and it was risky but worth it. Have 2nd row at 3/3 at ready to aim toward that secret chest row.

Horrific Visions definitely looks like something that will get easier as our cloaks upgrade and our gear upgrades as well and since it's able to be done solo it's a real good feeling of solo progression.

Funnest thing so far in this patch, I always feel like a crack addict for coalescing visions for more runs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    This week you're allowed to go up to rank 6 so there's no "wasting of visions" yet. No one's at rank 6 cloak this week AND THEN going in to do more runs for corrupted mementos (which I would agree would be a waste).

"Wasting visions" will only happen starting next week when we're drip fed 1 cloak upgrade quest per week. Though it looks like with the 25k vision cap and how likely it is to get at least 3 visions per week, I am unsure how wasteful it will be if people decide to run a vision past their 1 cloak upgrade quest per week as long as they can still maintain running enough visions to finish the 1 cloak quest per week.

So everyone doing visions this first week should get their cloak up to rank 6 by next reset, and unless you're grinding like a mad-man it's virtually impossible to waste any visions this week. Unless ofc you just outright fail a run.
    Apparently, people are, unless I'm misunderstanding people in this thread.