Really happy to see the Mogu show up in a positive light.

They were literally soldiers created specifically to fight the old gods. Their entire empire and being wrapped around warfare and domination since that's what they were created for. They are also the only mortal race to successfully beat back the curse of flesh.

And I'm not sure what Chronicle might say on the matter but I get a strong feeling the reason the Zandalari were able to split the black empire was because of the Mogu.

Anyway, just glad to see them back and Ra-Den with them.

My "Ra-Den was re-kidnapped by the blood elves and used to power all their fancy blood golems by putting him in the old naaru sucky suck chamber" theory, GROUND TO DUST!!! D:

Also would not be against playable mogu, but only if alliance get snek.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My "Ra-Den was re-kidnapped by the blood elves and used to power all their fancy blood golems by putting him in the old naaru sucky suck chamber" theory, GROUND TO DUST!!! D:

If it happens, it won't be until Shadowlands or after since Ion just rained on our parade by confirming there won't be an 8.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

The TFT / BC Blood Elves might have done something like that. The BfA / Naaru Blood Elves? Or better said, the red High Elves? Not a chance.

And yes, its nice to see the Mogu in a different way. I like them as well. Shame that they probably won't come up as an Allied Race.

Mogu have always been cool. Should just let em conquer Azeroth.

Only part that made me laugh during the quests was Cho's reaction to a Mogu asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    They were literally soldiers created specifically to fight the old gods. Their entire empire and being wrapped around warfare and domination since that's what they were created for. They are also the only mortal race to successfully beat back the curse of flesh.

And I'm not sure what Chronicle might say on the matter but I get a strong feeling the reason the Zandalari were able to split the black empire was because of the Mogu.

Um. The Black Empire was destroyed long before the Zandalari, or any other sentient flesh races, existed on Azeroth. Are you thinking of the Aqir and Troll Wars that Loken kickstarted?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never did make much sense why titan constructs would become dictators bent on conquest when their role is safeguarding azeroth . At least the other titan constructs had reason to attack us when we plunged into their bases depths
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It never did make much sense why titan constructs would become dictators bent on conquest when their role is safeguarding azeroth . At least the other titan constructs had reason to attack us when we plunged into their bases depths
    The Curse of Flesh gave them more emotionality than they had as Titanforged constructs, and their experiences in the war with the Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth probably colored those memories (and probably also made them susceptible to the Sha energies permeating Pandaria proper).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Curse of Flesh gave them more emotionality than they had as Titanforged constructs, and their experiences in the war with the Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth probably colored those memories (and probably also made them susceptible to the Sha energies permeating Pandaria proper).
    Funnily enough, mogu were the only ones not getting the sha filter in the entire expansion. We had pandaren, mantid and even shit-throwing monkeys being corrupted by Sha, but no mogu.

At least as far as I remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Funnily enough, mogu were the only ones not getting the sha filter in the entire expansion. We had pandaren, mantid and even shit-throwing monkeys being corrupted by Sha, but no mogu.

At least as far as I remember.
    The Mogu fought against the Old Gods, so no doubt they've no real interest in joining them - though the warring clans do take advantage of the chaos to press in on the Vale, attempting to re-take their territory despite the invading Old God forces they should by all rights be fighting.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Mogu were strict and militaristic. Their entire purpose was to do whatever Ra-Den said so when he was injured and out of the picture and then they started turning into fleshly beings they freaked out and had various civil wars and in-fighting as well as they focused as much of their energy as possible into returning to their stone forms. You could argue that the reason they put up so many statues of themselves was that they were venerating their prior existence. Which also explains their penchant for necromancy.

Then when the Thunder King came along and had stolen Ra-den's power and took control he pretty much codified the infighting and backstabbing.

Basically the entire purpose of the Mogu was to war and without any opponents they'd happily war with themselves.

Now if they could only do the same thing for the Horde.

There are a few time skips there. The Black Empire was defeated in prehistory by the Titans and their creations (Watchers/Keepers, Giants, Titanforged races, etc). Azeroth was wounded when Aman'thul ripped Y'Shaarj out of the surface, and the Titans made a ton of facilities to help her out and imprison the other Old Gods. Then, a long, long time passed - we don't even know how much longer all this was, since the first "date" mentioned in Chronicle is 16,000 years ago, with the rise of the Zandalari Empire.

So, thousands of years after the defeat of the Black Empire, the Zandalari made their empire, and other trolls came into being from the Zandalari. One troll found Xal'atath, who took it to a mound by Zandalar, and reawakened a C'Thraxx that was sent by Yogg-Saron to kill Tyr in ages prior. The Troll-Aqir War began when this C'Thraxx took Xal'atath and roused the Aqir from their subterranean hiding spots. The Trolls won, with the Amani dealing the killing blow. The C'Thraxx was buried in what would become the center of Zul'Aman - which is now a giant mound in the center of the city/instance. They hadn't met the Mogu yet, and the various Trolls were the only ones to drive the Aqir back underground.

Some hundreds of years pass and the Thunder King beat up Ra-Den, and took over what would become Pandaria. The only other empire that was noteworthy to Lei Shen at the time was Zandalar, so he entered a truce with them. Both sides were using one another, and planning to betray the other one. Their plans mostly failed when Lei Shen invited the leader of the Zandalari at the time to Uldum, where the Thunder King hoped to "recruit" (coerce) the Tol'vir into his empire. The Tol'vir used the Halls of Origination to blow him up, and all the Zandalari leaders that had joined him. The Zandalari later fought against the Pandaren serpent riders, hoping to claim Pandaria for themselves from the rebelling slaves. But, they were driven off the land.

So, no, the Mogu and Zandalari never fought the Black Empire together. Any time they've worked together since MoP has been due to their ancient truce, though Rastakhan forbade Zul from bringing them to Zandalar (even though he did anyway in BfA). They're not the best allies nowadays.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2020-01-18 at 07:35 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.