Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I've done the daily lesser vision twice (2k for first and 1k for subsequent).
    I've done the daily quests and even some chests (for 1.5k extra).

Still not going to have enough for rank 6.....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - but from Rank 6 -> Rank 15 you need more than 1 key a week to get a rank, so yes - you can still fall behind pretty damn easily.
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot to add in that Friday evening (if you're US) or Saturday there's going to be another mini assault that rewards 5.5k visions (these happen twice a week). That along with the dailies gets you to rank 6 without having to chest/fragment grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    If you get disconnected - you’re done and that attempt is forfeit. That’s what happened to one of my runs. Oh, and the other I just tried to do the side zone and failed.

Thing is, when you get the page follow up quest it doesn’t necessarily say that it drops from boss, since the book had quest marker there and the page doesn’t. So I logically assumed you had to venture into a side area and was like 100 sanity short to finish that.

I've done the daily lesser vision twice (2k for first and 1k for subsequent).
    I've done the daily quests and even some chests (for 1.5k extra).

Still not going to have enough for rank 6.....
    small assaults reset twice a week, so you will get another 5.5k tomorrow (or saturday)

Cloak model looks so 2005. I mean really, legendary endgame item something you need to invest hours into leveling it and it looks like a 5 year old colorblind kid made it. Just sad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I forgot to add in that Friday evening (if you're US) or Saturday there's going to be another mini assault that rewards 5.5k visions (these happen twice a week).
    AHA ... that will clear me into Rank 6. From then on you need:

1-2 runs for 7 and 8 (medium)
    2-4 runs for 9 (medium)
    2-6 runs for 10 (medium)
    3-8 runs for 11 (medium)
    1 run for 12 (hard)
    3-6 runs for 13 (hard)
    6-12 runs for 14 (hard)
    ?? runs for 15 (hard)

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    By going balls deep everytime, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... and you are a tank spec, or healing capable character.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I believe you are correct, I just don't understand how you are correct.

You take the exact same number of steps to get a cloak rank either way... so I still don't understand how banking helps.
    If you start at 0 Visions each week, you will eventually reach a week where you can't feasibly farm enough Visions to get the items necessary for the quest, meaning you'll have to finish it the following week, at which point you are behind. If you bank and only use enough Visions to finish the weekly quest, you avoid this.

If you start at 0 Visions each week, you will eventually reach a week where you can't feasibly farm enough Visions to get the items necessary for the quest, meaning you'll have to finish it the following week, at which point you are behind. If you bank and only use enough Visions to finish the weekly quest, you avoid this.
    Why will you be behind ... you have a quest that says need 8xTorn Page of "Fear and Flesh"... I do everything I can as soon as possible and I get 5/8 this week and 3/8 next week. I turn it in.

If I bank ... I get 0/8 this week and 8/8 next week and turn it in.

No difference.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    More or less them just being extremely on point with the chests.
    Okay, so I'm not crazy, thank you.

Yeah - not so easy when you have to solo them as a squishy mage dps.
    If you're horde side in the US you can roll with us if you'd like our 4th DPS is off and on. We typically run these around 9PM on off raid nights.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If you're horde side in the US you can roll with us if you'd like our 4th DPS is off and on. We typically run these around 9PM on off raid nights.
    Thanks for the offer... but Alliance, Oceanic and no idea what time 9PM would be

As with the rest of BfA - slow and steady... I don't even know if I even have a raid team for 8.3 - in which case my cloak progress is not critical

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The sooner you get to clearing the sides, the quicker you can get deeper into the upgrade system. The quicker you go deeper in the upgrades, the faster you can accrue mementos for socket upgrades at some point. So there is benefit to trying.

On the other hand, selling visions with a group of fully upgraded people will probably be a thing, so not like it matters a whole lot.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see how you can fail if you only go for the upgrade and no side bonuses.. I did it as a 415 holy paladin, WQ gear, with about 12k dps with 40% sanity to spare..
    And here is the usual "omg it's so easy! I did it nearly naked lol! You suck" post. It's nearly mandatory now it seems.

As people pointed out, it's insanely easy since you get 3 free sanity resets. You're not special, you're not unique in that regard.

Thanks for the offer... but Alliance, Oceanic and no idea what time 9PM would be

As with the rest of BfA - slow and steady... I don't even know if I even have a raid team for 8.3 - in which case my cloak progress is not critical
    Oof ! Well good luck! I hope you find a raid team

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    And here is the usual "omg it's so easy! I did it nearly naked lol! You suck" post. It's nearly mandatory now it seems.

As people pointed out, it's insanely easy since you get 3 free sanity resets. You're not special, you're not unique in that regard.
    I think you're reading too much into that tbh.

... and you are a tank spec, or healing capable character.
    My Fury Warrior is (mostly) Heroic raid geared with a couple Mythic/high M+ pieces and I the Valley of Spirits event was fairly easy. I used up 2 Orbs to finish it, next time around I'll try and most likely succeed to do both of medium side areas now that I have the tech tree buffs.

Granted, I'm assuming that it's easier as a sturdy plate DPS with some self-heal than as, say, a Mage that doesn't have much room nor time to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    a Mage that doesn't have much room nor time to kite.
    That's me ... spending 300 sanity for a single eating session to heal myself ... not that cool.

Even the mobs in the front section - if I AoE them I die, I have to ranged single target to get them down and survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    not capped at 6
    Wow - that's 24/7 chest farming right there ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    hm.. interesting fact.

That's unintended it was publically acknowledged that the cap should be 6.

What is actually make you rage, is when you get feared by mobs and stuck in textures,making you wasting whole visions
    I'm so pissed I've lost 2 vials! that way, coz the only way to get out is to be killed or wait for timer to run out...

Didn't realise you can't use orb in combat tried to push 2 bosses and failed whoops only rank 4 now