Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Why do you care how I use my resources, why are you trying to control player behavior?

Oh...because you're one of the people on nost/elysium that forced the BL changes.

#iremember

You guys hoarded the lotus, then you demanded flasks for AQ40 and Naxx, then you used bank alts to set the price at 240g a flask, then you used your main to sell to your guildmates the flasks at 80g (taht you forced them to buy) at "one-third price cuz I'm nice"\

F** you

The moment the classic BL supply that is being hoarded is released and depleted during AQ40 phase, is the moment people like you "have a change of heart/position" on the subject and then agree with dynamic BL spawns in private servers.

Been there, done that ... twice

#iremember

I can guarantee all the supporters of the current state of BL on this thread have 500-1000 BL already stacked.

Cross faction BL mafias already exist in winterspring/steppes on Grobbulus, with "Piccolo of the Flaming Fire" do PvP their own faction by making them /dance if they get the lotus before them.

No.

Blizzard will have to add dynamic BL spawns when the guilds demand the flasks. They will demand them, the hoarders know that, and the hoarders are the ones that will ensure they are demanded so people are forced to buy them.

They are creating an artificial scarcity now, jsut like they did on nost and elysium

https://forum.elysium-project.org/to...spawn-changes/

The above thread link shows how happy the general population of elysium was when BL change was implemented and how upset the old BL mafias were.

Everyone here on this thread that is pro-status-quo is more than likely of the lotus mafia spewing their same tried and failed propoganda that they did on nost and elysium.
    I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've only played on Light's Hope for 2-3 months, on a PvE server. And even now I still play on a PvE server (Mirage Raceway). So no, I never engaged nor had anything to do with Lotus mafias or w/e.

What I'm trying to tell you is that, if you want to use Black Lotus on every MC run, that's entirely on you. The game's spawnrates shouldn't be tweaked just to accomodate this decision of yours. Flasks in Vanilla were never intended to be used so liberally - before Naxx it was very uncommon to have the majority of the raid flasked, and even in Naxx only some fights such as Loatheb were considered worthy of such an investment.

Bottom line is, the game shouldn't be changed to suit the new meta. It's the meta which should be changed to suit the game. Much like with world buffs and how, in Classic, they have cooldowns unlike how it used to be on pservers.

P.S.: I am hoarding Black Lotus right now, yes - I have 33 in my bank, and still buying more. Not because I plan to sell them later on, but because I plan on using them in Naxx and maybe AQ40, when it actually matters. If by then I'll have the mats to make my own flasks and you won't, you'll have only yourself to blame.
    Last edited by Zarator8; 2020-01-16 at 01:39 AM.

Keep it now it is. Plenty of time to prepare. None of this should be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post
    No changes, right?
    You know the rules, it only counts as a change if you dont like it. If you DO like it, its not a change.

#NoChange #JustMyChanges

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I absolutely love it when someone is wrong, gets shown how wrong they are, but instead of responding to the point raised which proves how wrong they are, and just accepting "hey, actually, you are correct" they jump straight to "you are trolling" - which everyone knows is just an acceptance of defeat.
    Nah not really, you're just really, really bad at it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Or how about playing at a time when everybody's asleep, in the wee hours of the morning....That's a strat that can give you some black lotus, right?

This is how it goes:
    Nature prot pot used 90 seconds pre-pull: Restorative used 5-10 seconds after first wyvern, saving a healer GCD. Third pot is a dps pot/sharedCDconsume. If a natur prot pot needs to be used while wearing a stam flask + magi, you have a healer problem,

Also tanks want to use whatever it takes to dispel themselves because of the tauntless sawps.

You can hear how mad this raid leader is that healers aren't dispelling the sleep, which should be done via consuambles anyway, saving healer gcds.

Also notice the raid leader says "please dispel them if they are above 50%" this is because they are NOT stam flasked. With stam flask you can keep them topped with downranked rejuv/renew/shield and have the resto pot auto dispel the first two wyverns.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0xz3REBhCg

second nature prot pot is used to cover afk/bad heals, a dps potion/consumable should be used at the 30% enrage with good heals.

Watch the video to see how this fight goes.
    I got how you want it to go, just to recap the start of this pointless conversation:

Me: Maybe you can use nature pots on Huhuran
    You: No, you don't use nature pots, you use restorative pots for Huhuran, you idiot!
    Me: What for? There is no point in using them over nature pots since you cannot even predict when it ticks and it is very dangerous if people are low when it does
    You: Yes that's right that's why we have to use stam flasks instead of just using any default tactics where people don't have to be flasked at all. Oh and btw, we do use Nature pots on Huhuran!

The problem it seems everyone is missing is changes have already been made. Population caps. We have the same amount of Lotus for 4 times the population of vanilla. So simply put, there will be less lotus for everyone.

Classic servers have 4x the population of Vanilla (or more).
    So? People wanted vanilla with zero changes, that's what Blizz provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No? They provided servers with 4x the population which starved out a lot of materials, and guilds really trying to get all of it so casual players need to caugh up 3-400 or even more gold if they want to raid with flasks, once or twice per week. Which is impossible if you don't play tons.

If they have 4x the population, end game materials etc needs to be upped by 4x as well. Then it's closer to vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No? They provided servers with 4x the population which starved out a lot of materials, and guilds really trying to get all of it so casual players need to caugh up 3-400 or even more gold if they want to raid with flasks, once or twice per week. Which is impossible if you don't play tons.

If they have 4x the population, end game materials etc needs to be upped by 4x as well. Then it's closer to vanilla experience.
    Should play on a less populated server then!

really?

reading and comprehension do not appear to be your strengths.

4x the population, reg node spawns, no problem right?

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    really?

reading and comprehension do not appear to be your strengths.

4x the population, reg node spawns, no problem right?
    My reading comprehension is fine. I just don't have any love lost over classic as it was, but that's how the majority of people wanted it, so they got it.

Doesn't matter if there are more people, classic is as it was. It won't change, because that was voted down. I was all for change. If this bothers people now, they made their own bed to play that game and have no real right to complain, because they knew what they were in for.

My reading comprehension is fine. I just don't have any love lost over classic as it was, but that's how the majority of people wanted it, so they got it.

Doesn't matter if there are more people, classic is as it was. It won't change, because that was voted down. I was all for change. If this bothers people now, they made their own bed to play that game and have no real right to complain, because they knew what they were in for.
    yea but your using this whole "no changes" as the core of the argument, meanwhile most people here are saying this is an issue because there WAS change, and you also agreed to that when saying "your fault for rolling high pop server"

so you acknowledge the fact there is 4X the amount of people playing on servers, but somehow feign the intelligence to understand that means certain gathered items will be in higher demand than they should be, due to poor foresight when raising the server pops.

You are basically arguing against yourself, for no good reason, over a trivial issue that isnt even debatable, this is just fact.

god you are pedantic.

4x the population IS a change.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make sense to me. It just seems like a very poor time investment to use flasks for a 30 minutes MC.

A flask is worth 90-100g. The best farming spots will net you about 40-50g an hour.

The difference in clearing MC between everyone using a flask or not is probably going to be 45 minutes versus 30 minutes to clear it. In other words, you are spending 2 hours to save 15 minutes by using flasks.

It seems to me it would be much better to not use flasks for MC and take the 15 minutes more for clearing, so you can keep them for later. And that is not even taking into consideration that it might just not be possible to buy them when everyone will be competing for it.

Or we could you know, #nochanges

If you "need" black lotus, then you're really bad at this game and need to learn to play it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    4x the population IS a change.
    So you'd rather just want like 6k players max with enforced dial-up connection?

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    yea but your using this whole "no changes" as the core of the argument, meanwhile most people here are saying this is an issue because there WAS change, and you also agreed to that when saying "your fault for rolling high pop server"

so you acknowledge the fact there is 4X the amount of people playing on servers, but somehow feign the intelligence to understand that means certain gathered items will be in higher demand than they should be, due to poor foresight when raising the server pops.

You are basically arguing against yourself, for no good reason, over a trivial issue that isnt even debatable, this is just fact.

god you are pedantic.
    See above comment.

There are limits to what blizzard can and can't enforce, who plays where on an UTD server instead of the trash they had back then, are you serious?

Tha majority of people wanted the game as it was. If it was supposed to be EXACTLY as it was, enjoy dial-up, constant dc's, maintenance, patch time starting from scratch, ZG plague spread etc.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2020-01-16 at 07:37 PM.

So you'd rather just want like 6k players max with enforced dial-up connection?

See above comment.

There are limits to what blizzard can and can't enforce, who plays where on an UTD server instead of the trash they had back then, are you serious?

Tha majority of people wanted the game as it was. If it was supposed to be EXACTLY as it was, enjoy dial-up, constant dc's, maintenance, patch time starting from scratch, ZG plague spread etc.
    For someone who stated they didn't care about classic, you sure are full of illogical rhetoric. Let me speak a language you might understand. gO bAcK tO rEtAiL.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    For someone who stated they didn't care about classic, you sure are full of illogical rhetoric. Let me speak a language you might understand. gO bAcK tO rEtAiL.
    Hurrdurr u don't play x so you can't have an opinion murr!!